Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2008, 07:37 PM #1
paintballstar96

Unhappy Making a team... NEED ADVICE!!!!!

ok i'm a noobie here so go ahead make fun of me

but getting to the point i am starting a team and need help and advice. we would be playing in a 3-man young guns tourny and i wanted sum advice on actually starting the team. i have the three people (me and my friends jake and logan), but i need advice on how to get the equipment, where are good places to buy (websites) custom printing places, etc etc. i would be able to get the gear no problem but my friends on the other hand need some simple ways to be able to grab enuff money to buy there gear. i would rlly appreciate it.

THNKS

GO TEAM XSV
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2008, 07:42 PM #2
19cmjandro93
www.splat-u-later.com

well as a young gun myself (been playingfor 4 years) i know where you stand right now, i just sorta went through it myself. i guess the best way for me to give advice is through a story. well i started when i was ten with two friends but they had already been playing for a little while so they had a team, no place for me. it took me 2 yeas to get a team together when i finally did, one kid quit. well i posted it on my home fields website. found a teammate. i want to do some tourneys, get better gear you know all the main stuff. only problem to young to get a job. a friend and i were regular customers at my local field and they were looking for some young people to help out. i work there for money or paint. every dollar counts. i also found out that when my mom was working for a hotel that they keep pop cans. i was making like 40 bucks a week just in cans. also through my experience in little leaguebaseball i got the idea to sit outside of like walmart or other store and ask people to contribute to my team going to a tourney or whatever. i haven't tried it, but i reccommend asking the store first. those are some ideas

the can wouldn't work if you live in a state that dosn't have a refund deposit on cans, SOL
i would also like to say that you don't need the latest and the greatest gear. spend your hard earned time and money on useful stuff like paint and stuff.
maybe get like a pmr or ion or something and stick with it for a little while. oh yeah, christmas and birthdays. if you really are a baller you should save all that mony for paintball.

i forgot about websites and stuff. well action village is the best around. and when it comes to gear i would reccommend a pmr se w/ Ul frame, empire events, rdz envy harness (or nxe elevation), and the stuff needed for marker like hopper and tank (doesn't really matter, but i guess a halo b w/rip and v35 and crossfire[any one]).
But remember these items are not neccisary, getwhat you feel comfortable with and that you can afford.

Last edited by 19cmjandro93 : 01-23-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:04 PM #3
paintballstar96

Wow very helpful thnks ALOT.

man it looks like u went through a lot to get a team. hopefully i can get the "stuff" together. and by stuff i mean all and everything. thnk u again, i might work for my grandpa's marina but not sure yet. if not then i will try the can thing and save ALL christmas and b-day money at my mom's and dad's. that's the 1 good thing, i can get quadruple the money and presents cuz of mom's side and dad's side.

every1 else plz post more ideas plz

GO TEAM XSV
Old 01-24-2008, 01:07 PM #4
paintballstar96

oh and i was thinking abpout getting a proto slg but then i couldn't find any good feednecks so now i'm getting a proto rail.

GO TEAM XSV
Old 01-25-2008, 05:02 PM #5
19cmjandro93
www.splat-u-later.com

holy crap i was just lookng into a rail. first off, dont get slg and if you get rail get the ul package. check ebay, idk if you are not into used markers or not. but i saw a dm6 with a 6 piece redz pepper kit for 425 buy it now ($25 shipping). through ebay you can get more bang for your buck