PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-23-2008, 01:10 PM #1
chubrock6969

chubrock6969 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
LA Caucus and the ProLife/ProFamily Platform

Well, Ron Paul was shaping up to win the LA Caucus that was held Tuesday night. He had, by far, the most support there as nobody else decided to pay attention to LA. It was a clear win, until the rest of the candidates decided to band together under one platform (Pro Life/ Pro Family) and all vote as a single block. I suppose they'll figure out a way to divide up the delegates later. Ron Paul apparently has people worried enough that they'll all band together just to spite him. I'm not surprised in the least bit.

"January 23, 2008
Ronald Reagan Wins Louisiana Caucus
Posted by Nick Bradley at January 23, 2008 08:56 AM

According to the Shreveport Times, the Pro-Life/Pro-Family ticket won in all 7 districts last night. All non-Paul candidates pooled their delegates into a single delegate slate: Huck, Romney, Benito, McCain, Thompson. However, from what I've read at RonPaulForums, at least half of Paul's supporters had to cast "provisional ballots" because they registered jsut before the 30 November deadline.

And what about Reagan? Well, this is the handout for the Pro-Life/Pro-Family delegate slate; It has a photo of Ron and Nancy Reagan and says "win one for the gipper." This is a new low for the rest of the field, but it is what it is and I am not suprised one bit.

Non-Paul candidates also pooled their resources in Wyoming, where Paul was actually ahead on some of the first ballots, but supporters of the various neocon candidates pooled their support to win the county.

On the plus side:

1. The coalition delegate slate will be split 4 ways at the state convention, and Paul may have more than any one candidate.

2. Paul supposedly has most of the alternate delegate slots, most of which were uncontested. So if somebody doesn't show up or is ruled ineligible, a Paul delegate can step up.

3. If half of Paul's supporters did indeed cast provisional ballots, these results from the Shreveport times are utterly meaningless."
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2008, 05:48 PM #2
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Thats just disgusting. ProLife and ProFamily vs Ron Paul, the man who wants to overturn Roe v Wade NOW and stop the gestapo-like IRS from having the authority to tear your family apart.

edit: If the national convention went this way on the other hand, Ron Paul vs the cookie cutter neo-con republicans, we could win the nomination. Thats the goal. (and why I didn't want to see Thompson leave)

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"

Last edited by Animalm0ther3 : 01-23-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:40 AM #3
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)

Gotta love organizations on moral crusades, and their agendas.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:19 AM #4
ClintonBaller2
blah

Because using a coat hanger is so much better.
ClintonBaller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:28 AM #5
chubrock6969

chubrock6969 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintonBaller2 View Post
Because using a coat hanger is so much better.
I'd rather punch the girl in the stomach.