PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-07-2008, 08:59 PM #1
RaTfreak

has been a member for 10 years
How do you sponsor teams?

How do you guys/girls sponsor your teams? What kind of deals do you offer potiential teams? What do you ask of them? What do you do IF they don't fulfill thier contract?

I have offered at cost paint, free field fees, free air, discounted equipment and free paint if they placed at tournies. It works for a while but they then start slacking and not wanting to help out with the reffing or field design, etc.

Give me some ideas please.

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2008, 09:02 PM #2
upstateballer
upstate baller

upstateballer plays in the PSP
upstateballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
upstateballer plays in the APPA D3 division
Well for the feidl i play for (paintball central of greenville) we get the discounts in return...clean up OUR mess after practice..scince our practice is late we each was down 2 bunkers on the air ball feild to help the refs out... helf with low mantinece...and orur coach just says if he feels like your not loyal to the sponsors (pbc) or team then you just wont play for the team
2011 CFOA TOC Champions
Paintball Central
Absolute Chaos 2012 CFOA D3 Series Champions
CAROLINA COLLISION 2012 3RD PSP MAO
upstateballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:51 PM #3
theadmiral

if they start slacking, start slacking on their discounts. it shows the need for consistant help if they want consistant sponsership
Old 01-08-2008, 03:59 PM #4
ion2010
♥MW-ARMY♥

ion2010 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ion2010 supports Team VICIOUS
I agree with admiral sounds like you our giving them a nice sponsorship and if they are not holding up their end of the deal then you need to take a sort of action to let them know your not satisfied with their efforts. Probably just talking to them would solve it.

AGGSUPERSTAR#63
ion2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:13 PM #5
Bunk'd

regulate on them hoes

New Feedback

Old Feedback
Bunk'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:31 PM #6
Blitz221
Schools.

Blitz221 plays in the PSP
Blitz221 is an NCPA player
Blitz221 plays in the APPA D4 division
Blitz221 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pay some entry for tourneys, monthy paint allowance per team, practice free
that was the deal with my last team before i left.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:20 PM #7
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTfreak View Post
How do you guys/girls sponsor your teams? What kind of deals do you offer potiential teams? What do you ask of them? What do you do IF they don't fulfill thier contract?

I have offered at cost paint, free field fees, free air, discounted equipment and free paint if they placed at tournies. It works for a while but they then start slacking and not wanting to help out with the reffing or field design, etc.

Give me some ideas please.

Thanks
One of the classic ways of making sure someone keeps up their end of the deal is not paying them until after they've done what they're supposed to. If they start slacking off, make them pay full price for the month, or whatever the time range you'd like it to be, then if they do what they're supposed to, reimburse them at the end of the month according to the discounts.

If that was a bit too wordy for some of you, let me put it in the form of an example:

Players on sponsored team get caught slacking off. Players on sponsored team get charged full price on everything for one month. At the end of the month, if they have fulfilled their duties per the terms of the sponsorship, they receive money back so that they only end up paying what the sponsorship deal is. (Say that paint is $60 a case but the sponsorship allows for $30 a case. They pay $60/case during the month and at the end they receive $30 back for every case purchased).
Old 01-08-2008, 07:10 PM #8
BEsRaider

BEsRaider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sounds like a rebate program.
BEsRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:15 PM #9
viva_la_adam
Pimpin Paid for Errthang

im on my fields team and the way the do things is we get free air at practice and if we come and help out like the weekend before our practice we get discounted paint and then after we play we help clean the fields
Old 01-09-2008, 04:45 AM #10
Reddawg

We give free entry at field.
All air is free at store or field
All gun teching free.
Practice BYOP
All team clothing at cost.
Discounts at the store if I can.
If I can afford it I pay entry to tourneys.(they don't play in our tourneys at the field they ref it)

In return they ref a couple of game during the day at open play or ref at private games. We are a small field.
Help setup bunker.
Most guys have been with me for years and have no problems get any new one either.
Not much but I don't get much either.

I have done several ways and this seem to work.

In the past all items at cost at store or field is ok till the sell items at above the cost they were sold it. And come back for more and do it over and over. Paid all entrys to tourneys. And it was harder to get help at field.
Reddawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:17 AM #11
ih8imps

Our first year being sponsored by the local field we had to ref his BYOP days. In return we would get free air/field fee/discounted paint. But he stated at the beginning of the year that if we did a good job that year, the next year he would give us X amount of dollars towards our tournies. But if we didn't hold our end he just wouldn't continue with said discounts.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:56 PM #12
Smakman
Owner: Smak Zone PB

The only teams I sponsor are the ones that come out to the field and put in some labor to help maintain or build new structure. I have had plenty who ask me to let them play for free so they can afford to go to an event somewhere else and "promote" Smak Zone, but do not want to put in any work on the field that they want to play at for free. So, I ask them, "Let me get this straight. You want me to let you play here for free so you can go to another field and spend your money there?" I usually get something of a dumb look.

I have very few sponsors of my field. Maddman Products comes to two events per year and vend and they throw in some things to give away, even a marker sometimes. Springfield Paintball, who does our air service (used to provide the Kick'n Paint as well, but the quality has gone downhill too badly on that now) also puts up some booty fo the drawings. Other than that, most of the players are happy with a fun, safe game with mostly honorable players.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:28 PM #13
things2auction
Your AD here - $5

things2auction plays in the PSP
things2auction plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianillo View Post
you should just givem some madasmoney
Stop posting stuff like this in the field owner forums. Be constructive or dont post.
things2auction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:38 PM #14
funfla22

i give cost to the team we sponspor but they have to pay the sales tax on it and if i have to ship it in the frieght so basicly cost plus frieght and slales tax

sorry guys -radiogal is mine !!!

We support !!!!
http://www.paintballpartyz.com/
funfla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:41 PM #15
fattyMcCheese36
I'm not fat.

fattyMcCheese36 is a Paintball photographer
I'd say if they're slacking make them pay full price. Then maybe they'll realize that they need to start helping out 100% again.

Use my karmaloop rep code for 20% off : ZD43513
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS

fattyMcCheese36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:07 PM #16
overshot01
Social Paintball

overshot01 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
like almost everyone else has said: if they slack on you, then you pull on them by making them pay at price again. Another thing though is- make sure you have defined rules about the sponsorship and what they're required to do, or players will not keep committed, or try to sneak around just word of mouth rules.
overshot01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:40 PM #17
ICEMAN09
UCLA

slack on u? slack on them
ICEMAN09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:41 PM #18
heisman01

heisman01 plays in the PSP
heisman01 donated to help Peyton Trent
heisman01 plays in the APPA D3 division
i like how everyone thinks a team needs a store to survive

if you have a team that your store sponsors its really dependent on the team and the situation

a local 3 man team of noobs will think its a great deal to have you cover the tax on there brand new dye gear

where as a D2 nppl team would want paint at cost field to be set up and 5k in the compressor ready to go when they get there

Classic eclipse mag shooter
heisman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 AM #19
no_caffeine
EOMFD.

no_caffeine is a Paintball photographer
We discount paint, help on prices if we can for a team purchase (masks, jerseys, pants) but they are required to reff tournaments and are required to play atleast three of our tournament a year, we usually have about five 3man and five 5man tournaments and sometimes a 7 man.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:27 PM #20
JP#14
F.D.A #1

JP#14 supports Pev's Paintball
JP#14 plays in the APPA D4 division
And what does a D2 team do for the store?

I would rather sponsor "Noobs" than uptight pro wannabe's.
Let them go to National, Dye, etc. direct if there that good.

Honestly......dont sponsor unless you can afford to loose money.
Take care of yourself first
JP#14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:50 PM #21
BallerzBm89
Southern Poly baller

The way my field owner does it is as follows:

each team is require to complete 5 tournaments a year and hold one help day a month were they ref, clean up, ect.

For each year that a team exist and completes the requirements discounts get better EX: a 1st year team pays for air, a 2nd year team does not

If a team should not do as required they lose their acquired status or loss the sponsorship as a whole

Iíve played at this field for two years and have found this very effective, helpful teams prosper and lazy teams get weeded out

If a team just out right does not wish to fulfill its end of the bargain cut them loose they arenít worth your time or money your other teams will learn from their mistake and prolly do whats required