Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-14-2008, 12:39 PM #1
zackowackocrazo

newbie here ...

I am new into this sports...and i was planning to buy the EOS...which one do you think i should buy...EOS or collect some money and directly buy the shocker nxt?? either two of this will be my 1st marker and 1st sp marker....I really need suggestion...cuz i was planning to buy EOS cuz it is cheaper..and most of the review that i read...is excellent....so now i am kindda confuse of which marker should i buy...
zackowackocrazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2008, 07:27 PM #2
Carcajou

buy the EOS, shockers are nice but am told you should know about electros before you purchase them, i own the EOS its a sick gat the money youll save will help getting you a High pressure air tank and a nice hopper
And Shepherd's we shall be for thee my Lord for thee; Power hath descended forth from thy hands; That our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands; So we shall flow a river forth to thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti......
Carcajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:40 PM #3
joverly

EOS.. excellent marker.. can keep up with anything you will be playing against (marker doesn't make the player). Easy maintenance.. enough money left over to buy a Vlocity Jr, Tank.. case of paint, mask.. Ok maybe not all of that. Unless you go from newbie to pro overnight, it will last you a long while
joverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:04 PM #4
MindBreakN

MindBreakN plays in the APPA D5 division
I would say it really depends on how much you want to spend, how and where you play and what your fellow players are running.
If your running with a Shocker and everyone else is using rentals, what do you think your fellow players will do? Not ask you to play as often, hunt you down first to eliminate the "big gun" or step up to the plate and at least get an Ion?
I started with a Tippmann 98 and had a blast upgrading it, re-machining and polishing various components. I keep it as my back-up gun today. It is a "tank", I have had frost coming off of the bolt, I've dove into the mud and water with it and it just keeps going.
By todays standard (the Ion) it has a lower rate of fire and is much heavier but it only takes one ball to get someone out.
As time has gone on all the guys I play with have bought Ions, Shockers and Angels, and continued to upgrade them. So, a couple of months ago I bought the EOS. I've had it out for 3 days of play (about 4-6 hours of play each outing) with no issues. Overall it has run very well. It is fast, consistent, looks good, easy to maintain and much lighter than my 98. It is easy to change the volume inserts, trigger, etc to get it to shoot just how you want it.

I have used my teammate's Shocker. Compared to the EOS I like the feel a little more. It has a few more adjustments, such as on the trigger, so you can customize even more than the EOS. Personally, I didn't think it is worth the extra cost. No offense, but being a newbie, you will pay a lot more for features that you won't appreciate or really notice. The Shocker hands down has a high rate of fire, but every organized field I have been on limits you down to 15 bps. So you can't even use half of the Shocker's potential (that you paid for).
I would recommend the EOS and then take the extra cash to buy a Halo V35 w/RIP and HPA tank. You wont' be disappointed and we'll both see what future upgrades are released to make the EOS even better.
MindBreakN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:53 PM #5
URBANxFLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBreakN View Post
I would say it really depends on how much you want to spend, how and where you play and what your fellow players are running.
If your running with a Shocker and everyone else is using rentals, what do you think your fellow players will do? Not ask you to play as often, hunt you down first to eliminate the "big gun" or step up to the plate and at least get an Ion?
I started with a Tippmann 98 and had a blast upgrading it, re-machining and polishing various components. I keep it as my back-up gun today. It is a "tank", I have had frost coming off of the bolt, I've dove into the mud and water with it and it just keeps going.
By todays standard (the Ion) it has a lower rate of fire and is much heavier but it only takes one ball to get someone out.
As time has gone on all the guys I play with have bought Ions, Shockers and Angels, and continued to upgrade them. So, a couple of months ago I bought the EOS. I've had it out for 3 days of play (about 4-6 hours of play each outing) with no issues. Overall it has run very well. It is fast, consistent, looks good, easy to maintain and much lighter than my 98. It is easy to change the volume inserts, trigger, etc to get it to shoot just how you want it.

I have used my teammate's Shocker. Compared to the EOS I like the feel a little more. It has a few more adjustments, such as on the trigger, so you can customize even more than the EOS. Personally, I didn't think it is worth the extra cost. No offense, but being a newbie, you will pay a lot more for features that you won't appreciate or really notice. The Shocker hands down has a high rate of fire, but every organized field I have been on limits you down to 15 bps. So you can't even use half of the Shocker's potential (that you paid for).
I would recommend the EOS and then take the extra cash to buy a Halo V35 w/RIP and HPA tank. You wont' be disappointed and we'll both see what future upgrades are released to make the EOS even better.
agreed and if you really want the high rates of fire you can always upgrade the board...if u plan on spending that much on the shocker just get an etek ego...to be honest id recomend the ion xe cheap easy matenaince and ppl wont expect that much out of u considering your a newbie plus if you have a high profile gun they might make u play with the better players and youl end up having less fun just my opinion
URBANxFLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:11 AM #6
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Even me.. I like the EOS better than the shocker. Breaks less paint. Plus... the EOS is drop dead gorgeous and hase a freak jr and q-lock.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:13 PM #7
TheImPgoD
Big Fruit Cup

TheImPgoD is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
I prefer my Impulse to anything, but I have shot the range of shockers, and they aren't that bad. Haven't had a chance to shoot the lovely EOS yet.
______
___

RAINBOW<3
TheImPgoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:18 PM #8
URBANxFLOW

eos=better then a shocker and shocker is just more $ that a newbie doesnt have to spend
URBANxFLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:04 PM #9
shadowlord06
The Hobbit

shadowlord06 supports Team VICIOUS
shadowlord06 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
shadowlord06 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
shadowlord06 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
shadowlord06 supports Empire
yeah eos seems to be a better value then the shocker coming with the freak and q-lock stock. I would say that or a used nerve off of here.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM #10
straptrams91
PRESIDENT

Annual Supporting Member
straptrams91 plays in the PSP
straptrams91 is playing at Living Legends V
straptrams91 is playing at Living Legends VI
straptrams91 supports Team VICIOUS
straptrams91 is an NCPA player
straptrams91 is Legendary
eos hands down if your looking to buy a brand new gun.. if you dont care if its used or not.. sfts go for pretty cheap around here.. usually around 300ish. sfts imo are nicer than the nxts.. feel much better in your hands and a bit lighter.. but really its up to you. ask around your local field to hold and shoot different guns. see which you like better, then make a decision.
straptrams91 is offline   Reply With Quote