PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 01-06-2008, 11:59 AM #1
jimy

Need help with scenario idea's

Our team will be running a big game for our sponsor field. We need idea's on a big game.

What type of game, or scenario?
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2008, 09:31 PM #2
PYROMAN

If your the ones running the game, then YOU should be the ones that set the theme.
Take a little advice from a promoter that has run hundreds of events, NEVER let the players decide what will happen in the game. It ruins the element of surprise for the players.
And try to use a theme that players can relate to.
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:51 PM #3
UrbanWarfare

very good advice pyro...also make sure its something that ALOT of people will relate to...not just a small group
Old 01-06-2008, 10:02 PM #4
jimy

We have some ideas but want to know of others.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:27 PM #5
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimy View Post
We have some ideas but want to know of others.
Well, id like to help you, but creating Scenario ideas is what I get paid for. Best suggestion would be to either play some local events so you get a better grasp on how to run a successful event, search the net and look at other promoters themes that they have used, or, (Saved the best for last) hire my company, WWW.SPLATTERZONEPAINTBALL.NET, to run the event.
In order to run a very successful event, it takes ALOT of time (Anywhere from 4 months to two years) to set and organize, ALOT of money to create and build props, and ALOT of money to promote each event. I put a minimum of 4 months into each all day event we run, and I dont sleep at all the 7 days before an event because of all the work that needs to be done.
These events are not the HUGE money makers that everyone thinks they are. Yes, alot of money is made. And yes, most of that money goes right back into the overhead created from the event. You wont make a profit until you get at least 100+ players at your field. And just a note, promoters consider games like this as "BIG GAMES", which means that its created by employees and not run by an outside promoter. This does tend to hurt attendance at events.
Just my two cents.

Last edited by PYROMAN : 01-06-2008 at 10:29 PM.
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:54 PM #6
Paintballsnpr
FFNButta

have like a Urban Warfare game??? LIke base it on a famouse urban battle from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, our even Iraqi Freedom. Something different. I think that would be a cool style of paintball to play.
Paintballsnpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:41 AM #7
jimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROMAN View Post
Well, id like to help you, but creating Scenario ideas is what I get paid for. Best suggestion would be to either play some local events so you get a better grasp on how to run a successful event, search the net and look at other promoters themes that they have used, or, (Saved the best for last) hire my company, WWW.SPLATTERZONEPAINTBALL.NET, to run the event.
In order to run a very successful event, it takes ALOT of time (Anywhere from 4 months to two years) to set and organize, ALOT of money to create and build props, and ALOT of money to promote each event. I put a minimum of 4 months into each all day event we run, and I dont sleep at all the 7 days before an event because of all the work that needs to be done.
These events are not the HUGE money makers that everyone thinks they are. Yes, alot of money is made. And yes, most of that money goes right back into the overhead created from the event. You wont make a profit until you get at least 100+ players at your field. And just a note, promoters consider games like this as "BIG GAMES", which means that its created by employees and not run by an outside promoter. This does tend to hurt attendance at events.
Just my two cents.
Thanks for your input. We are a new team that formed in 07.We recieved our sponor from North Side Sports in late 07. We plan to run a couple big games with expectations of 50-100+ players. All the profits will go to the our sponsor. Most of our team members been playing for 7 or more yrs. So we've been to many big games.

Our sponsor field is just one big field but is really well laid out already.

Hopefully it will be a nice success game.

thanks for all your input guys.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:58 AM #8
Teabag-YankeeDiv
Yankee Division

I've seen alot of scenarios that aren't based on real wars too. Things like Transformers, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Hatfields v. McCoys. Anything that has a familiar story that has opposing sides that are in conflict can be made into a great scenario.

Good luck and have fun!
Tippmann-TechT-Crossfire
Hammerhead
Teabag-YankeeDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups