PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-22-2007, 06:43 AM #1
Egress28
Rapid Intervention

Tryouts for CFOA Rookie Div 2008

Calling all players; My name is Josh Thornton and I'm the founder and Captain of Rapid Intervention. I started this team before joining the military in 2003 and got moved to Fort Bragg, NC. I played for Rapid Intervention, Freedom Warriors,the Fayetteville Fatal Bunnies and now Carolina Xtreme. I've been playing paintball since 1998 and I've been competing in tournaments since 2002. The team Has move to Mayodan, NC and we are looking for experienced players to fill out our rosters. Tourny experienced players are encouraged but any player over 16 is welcome to reply for the oppertunity to tryout. We will be playing out of PBC Greensboro now that we are moved in and settled. We are looking for 12 players for now to 5-man CFOA. Our goal is to compete in CFOA for the 2008 season and work our way up from there. Do to the travel obligations anyone under 15 years of age need not apply, 16-17 year olds can be a part of the team and practice but will not play in tournaments until the whole team decides you are ready. To be considered for tryouts, the following must be fill out completely.

Name:

Prior Teams:

Contact Info:

Years playing:

Tournaments you have attended:

Detailed Paintball History:

Position:

List of gear:

If your interested then please PM me with the information above or you can reach me at Egress28@yahoo.com or on Myspace at www.myspace.com/egress28 and hopefully we can fill the roster quickly and get to work.
Egress28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2007, 12:01 AM #2
codye

codye owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
codye plays in the APPA D4 division
Name: cody edwards

Prior Teams: zero gravity for awile, gravity factor, team slam

Contact Info:myspace.com/egocrazy

Years playing:almost 4

Tournaments you have attended: pbc greensboro since 06 to as of now, and one cfoa

Detailed Paintball History:i started with team slam but then went to the gravity family, and i am currently caption of gravity factor and with them we have won the past 3 man tourneys in greensboro for this season.
Position: i like snake, but i can play anywhere

List of gear: dm7, and an 05 ego, dxs 68/45, v-force grillz and v-force profiler, dxs rave pants, usually wear tall tee.

WCK for life

r.i.p. gravity

never say die

Last edited by codye : 12-23-2007 at 12:51 AM.
codye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:23 AM #3
UniqueMemberOfHK
Get it? It's a joke...

Name : Nick

Age: 15, not sure what you do bout 15 year olds. Most teams make them travel on own and stuff. Don't know what you would do, you just stated under and over 15.

Prior Teams: None so far. I've been wanting to get on a team for quite a while. I've been playing forever, just trying to take it to that next step.

Contact Info: nxlnpplpsp@aol.com

Years playing: At least 4, maybe 5

Tournaments: Black Rivers Pick 3s

Detailed paintball history: Started like many others, and when I got into speedball I went full fledged. I try and play once a month, or twice. I've been looking to join a team for quite a while cause its the next step to becoming a better player. I wouldn't mind if all I did on the team was practice. Its a great experience.

Position: Mid/Back, mostly mid.

Gear: PMR, Ion (with on/off, q-lock, and jr.freak kit), Profiler, Empire Inverts, Empire Jersey, Empire pads, Empire harness.
Soon, Eclipse pants, jersey, and pads.
UniqueMemberOfHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:44 PM #4
WarpedDragon

WarpedDragon plays in the PSP
WarpedDragon plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egress28 View Post
16-17 year olds can be a part of the team and practice but will not play in tournaments until the whole team decides you are ready. To be considered for tryouts, the following must be fill out completely.
Whats with that^?
There are lots of kids that play paintball at the top level
Gravity Kidz is a awesome team and I believe their oldest is 17

Name: Dustin Walker

Prior Teams:Blitzkrieg, Gravity Mafia, Kryptonite Black, guested with The Red Tide

Contact Info:1-336-731-3290

Years playing:2 full

Tournaments you have attended:about 25 including the ones not under APPA

Detailed Paintball History:I play a game where you shoot spherical balls with paint, I tried out for a D3 team and made it but it didnt work out financially so I am a free agent

Position:Snake, Ds, Insert/Refill, Everywhere

List of gear:Currently shootin a Dark ego but I am tradin it in sometime for a 08 Ego

World Cup Gearbag Sale

Last edited by WarpedDragon : 12-23-2007 at 06:48 PM.
WarpedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 07:26 PM #5
nationkiller
I'm Leathal threat

hey i want to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egress28 View Post
Calling all players; My name is Josh Thornton and I'm the founder and Captain of Rapid Intervention. I started this team before joining the military in 2003 and got moved to Fort Bragg, NC. I played for Rapid Intervention, Freedom Warriors,the Fayetteville Fatal Bunnies and now Carolina Xtreme. I've been playing paintball since 1998 and I've been competing in tournaments since 2002. The team Has move to Mayodan, NC and we are looking for experienced players to fill out our rosters. Tourny experienced players are encouraged but any player over 16 is welcome to reply for the oppertunity to tryout. We will be playing out of PBC Greensboro now that we are moved in and settled. We are looking for 12 players for now to 5-man CFOA. Our goal is to compete in CFOA for the 2008 season and work our way up from there. Do to the travel obligations anyone under 15 years of age need not apply, 16-17 year olds can be a part of the team and practice but will not play in tournaments until the whole team decides you are ready. To be considered for tryouts, the following must be fill out completely.

Name:tory bogin

Prior Teams:pbc gridlock, react red, rush army, (tried out for gridlock d-3 but couldnt afford it)

Contact Info:828-776-1766

Years playing:tourney-5

Tournaments you have attended:about 30

Detailed Paintball History:started wen i was ten my neighbor who now plays d-1 gridlock got me into it

Position:snake and home

List of gear:mike paxson dm4, ul pm7, xsv ego, invert pants, white grill, 45/3000 crossfire

If your interested then please PM me with the information above or you can reach me at Egress28@yahoo.com or on Myspace at www.myspace.com/egress28 and hopefully we can fill the roster quickly and get to work.
pleas contact me soon!!

Watch out! Here comes Leathal Threat!
nationkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:39 PM #6
Egress28
Rapid Intervention

We are open to any and all players as long as they can afford to practice, travel, entry fees, paint, and help with gas and hotels. Tryouts are jan 5th, 2007 from 9-5pm at PBC Greensboro. So If your still interested, we'll see you at tryouts. The next meeting after tryouts you have to put up $80 for our uniforms including Jersey, Pants, Headband, T-shirts, etc.

Josh Thornton
Mid/Back/Coach
Rapid Intervention
Old 12-28-2007, 08:51 PM #7
nationkiller
I'm Leathal threat

do we have to pay for all of that stuff or is their like dues each month?

Old 12-30-2007, 12:37 PM #8
Egress28
Rapid Intervention

Dues will be voted on by the team, if they want it, and how much.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:45 PM #9
nationkiller
I'm Leathal threat

this team is to exspensive and no one will be able to afford it dont expect to see me their but expect me to be shooting you!!!!

Old 12-30-2007, 10:45 PM #10
codye

codye owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
codye plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by nationkiller View Post
this team is to exspensive and no one will be able to afford it dont expect to see me their but expect me to be shooting you!!!!
1 reason you shouldnt tryout because your not dedicated most teams are "expensive" if you want on a good team so maybe paintball is not the sport for you idk? if you become pro its going to be more expensive then this so y are you playing paintball kid????

WCK for life

r.i.p. gravity

never say die
codye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:57 AM #11
pfnpb2x

Why would becoming pro be more expensive

Do you mean being a pro, or going up the ladder to becoming a pro?
pfnpb2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:30 PM #12
Egress28
Rapid Intervention

Until you reach D3,D2, D1, paintball is going to be expensive, I mean not all of us are dependent on mommy and daddy to pay our way through. At our level, there isn't much in the Finacial sponsor bracket, you have to work your way up to that kind of sponsorship, Unless your playing for Carolina Gridlock, or Dynasty Entourage or big teams like that. If you can't afford it then that's fine don't show up. There are plenty of Dedicated players out there who wanna play and CAN afford it.
www.paintballcentral.com
www.teamRenegade5@com.com
Old 12-31-2007, 05:43 PM #13
malikowski
AHC - I move chickens.

malikowski plays in the APPA D4 division
It's not hard with sponsorships. I'm pretty sure Gridlock (R.I.P.) was a lot more expensive then you would imagine. I know of a Beginner team last season that didn't pay any entry fees, paint fees, or even gas for half the events.

...also, spell check is your friend.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:17 PM #14
pfnpb2x

This is what I *heard*

Gridlock D3 = $220 / month, did not include practice paint, not sure what else it included/not included
pfnpb2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:49 PM #15
nationkiller
I'm Leathal threat

i was just saying i would have thought that there would have been a structured finacial system