PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-27-2007, 07:55 PM #1
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

tipp98chopshop helped look for balloons
Qev leaking out the exaust hole when aired up pretty well?

Idk why but I am having the same result on 2 different qevs Ive swapped out for eachother on my karnivors ram. the qev leaking out the exaust hole is the front one. Idk wwhy this is happening. never had the problem before. Its leaking no matter if I put my never used qev on there or my old one. this is a very important matter cause Ill make a vid for all of you if I can get this to stop leakin!!! Plz help
tipp98chopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:15 AM #2
dbkid0486

Annual Supporting Member
im not 100% sure...but i think its just the fact that there is so little pressure that it isnt enough to close the other side of the qev...i think....but im not sure...but since you said its happing on more then one...that would be my guess as it happens once in a while to my DC2..but only because its mq'ed and the lpr is very low....its not all the time...but once in a while...but then ill fire and itll go away...

ClosedBoltBallers
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:57 AM #3
muzungu_mbaya
The Wicked White

has been a member for 10 years
If you take the QEV off and just use a barb, does it leak from the solenoid? If so, it sounds like the forward seal/o-ring in your ram piston is bad.
muzungu_mbaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:19 PM #4
thatdoolinkid

QEV's work just like the mQ valve. They need a certain pressure range to seal. Too much pressure or too little pressure will cause it to leak. I used to make spudguns with homemade QEV's. I had to swap out different rubber seals all the time to find the one that would seal in my pressure range. Try tweaking the LPR on yours.

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
thatdoolinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:00 PM #5
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

tipp98chopshop helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkid0486 View Post
im not 100% sure...but i think its just the fact that there is so little pressure that it isnt enough to close the other side of the qev...i think....but im not sure...but since you said its happing on more then one...that would be my guess as it happens once in a while to my DC2..but only because its mq'ed and the lpr is very low....its not all the time...but once in a while...but then ill fire and itll go away...
no it was even with high pressure input. I just oiled it and it seemed to seal that oring on the inside that was letting air past. and I dont havea yn fitting barbs at the momentio
tipp98chopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:03 PM #6
Stealthymidget
Shhhh, They are Coming

Yeah, a dry QEV will leak. I put a drop or two of oil directly in the front of my ram. Then I put my QEV on and shoot ~50 times to get the excess out. The extra oil from the ram will go through your QEV and them the extra from that will get blown out the exhaust hole.

I'm Paypal verified
My New PBNation Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Looking for Evil Omen 1.5 Board and Cams

RIP Evan Hughes
Stealthymidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:09 PM #7
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzungu_mbaya View Post
If you take the QEV off and just use a barb, does it leak from the solenoid? If so, it sounds like the forward seal/o-ring in your ram piston is bad.

That sounds like it makes sense. Also before you really do anything just pull the pump arm back and put a couple of drops of oil on the ram shaft and see if that does anything.
blackmagic71 is offline   Reply With Quote