PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-10-2002, 03:19 PM #1
sprayboy14

has been a member for 10 years
i need decision help

ok if u have kept up with some of my posts u should know that i once wanted a cocker and then an impulse but yesterday i went playing and i got put on a team with both an impulse and a cocker and coincidentally they both broke down.not in the same game but close together but the guy with the imp had to stay out a couple of games to fix his and the cocker guy was only out for 1.i think both problems were kinda big im not exactly sure and this has kinda put me back to wondering what to buy but, now this is what i need help with i need to know what are the pros and cons of a cocker and an impulse are?
thanks,
chris
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2002, 05:46 PM #2
Black Ice 72
Banned

Impulse has first shot drop off
Cockers have some maintenance that you won't want to deal with.
Impulses don't have a very good stock trigger.
Neither do cockers.
Impulses have a higher rate of fire than most cockers.
Impulses come with an amazing stock reg. (Maxflow)

The list goes ON AND ON. You just have to get a feel for both of the physically to make a decision. I must admit impulses are some of the easiest guns to fix.

So in my opinion, impulse. Not just because they perform well, but because they aren't a hassle.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:36 PM #3
abott
Bombtrack

My brother and I both own impulses and love them. The only probelm we have come across is bolt stick (the bolt stays in the open position longer than it should). But this is a minor problem, and is easily fixed by a 20$ upgrade (Smart Parts tape Worm). My brother used to own a WGP Cocker and had many problems with it, mainly leaks from the three way or other parts. His cocker was a stock WGP though, maybe if you get a free flow or Kapp they perform better. But personaly, I like impulses and I think they generally have way less problems.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:46 PM #4
Black Ice 72
Banned

Well personally I think the VFF does a better job than the tape worm. The VFF allows a consistent and unrestricted airflow to the valve and the solenoid. Usually the valve steals are from the solenoid which creates bolt stick. What the VFF does is it creates 2 passageways for the solenoid and the valve. The VFF also is convinient because no matter what bolt you use, the results will not very much at all. Meaning you can use a stock bolt with the VFF and it would be almost the same than if you had a Delrin bolt and a VFF... I just personally think it is more convinient.

And with the NDVFF (New Designs Vertical Full Flow) you don't even have to tap a hole in the gun anymore.
Old 03-02-2002, 09:52 AM #5
CockersRule

obviously by my screen name, you can tell which one i support, but recently i have grown to like impulses more. I find that cockers are way more accurate, but the impulses can shoot a lot faster. Personally, i would go with a cocker, it does have a little more hassle, and as far as that kid's stock WGP cocker leaking and stuff, i dont know what the deal is with that. My cocker (also a stock 2k cocker) hasn't had any problems. i really dont know much about impulses, but i know that a good friend of mine, on a different team, has one, but something happened to it, im not sure what happened to it, but he sent it in, and he's been without a gun for almost 3 weeks now.
I have found that cockers are a lot easier to work on once i read up on them, and have had practice. one really bad thing about cockers, that i would say that i hate more than anything in the world though, is half-pulling. thats when you only pull the trigger half way, the bolt doesn't go all the way back, and it chops a ball. I've had the shell of paintballs get stuck between the bolt and the gun, causing the bolt to be stuck (right in the middle of a game) But i've learned how to deal with those really quick (it doesn't happen all that much)
anyways, sorry to waste all ur time, but if ur friends have a impulse and a cocker, maybe u can ask them if you can try one each game to compare them. a lot of it it preference

-Evan

Adrenalin Angel LED <~~ For sale
2k cocker <~~ For sale
PGP <~~ For sale
RockClimbing27@AOL.com
Old 03-02-2002, 04:01 PM #6
Black Ice 72
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by CockersRule
I find that cockers are way more accurate
Just a quick note: Accuracy is based on paint to barrel match, consistency, and few other factors. But, paint to barrel match has over 75% importance.
Old 03-02-2002, 08:04 PM #7
paintballpimp21
Team Bloodhounds

well cockers are pretty acurate. but paint to bore match really helps. i play with a few guys that have both cockers and impulses. the impulse is intitially an easier gun to clean. easy to learn how to use. and are a great all around electro gun with many upgrades availible. but cockers are like no other gun. if you have ever shot a cocker you will know what i am talking about. its unique and thats what gets so many people hooked on them. one dude had a cocker for a while and sold it because there was some maint involved. things he had to work on. and he ended up buying another one cause he missed working on the thing. so like the other guy said see if you can shoot both of them and ask the guys that own them how they like them and how they have performed.
Old 03-02-2002, 10:20 PM #8
Black Ice 72
Banned

I think the big reason why I never bought a cocker as a backup gun is that I can't get used to the damn trigger. I'm so used to short electro triggers. Going from that to a cocker trigger is a little hard for me. I can easily manage a steady speed. But, I'll short stroke if I rapid fire.