Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Do you care about the SPPL ?
ITS AWESOME !!! 85 26.81%
ITS OK 67 21.14%
What is the SPPL ? 60 18.93%
ITs really Lame !! 105 33.12%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 12-17-2007, 05:16 PM #148
Octagon (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremePaintballer39 View Post
i also think that if you saved up and bought a gun that can shoot 25bps you should be aloud to use it,...

my A-5 can shoot full auto 17bps, i payed extra to get that e-grip so i should be able to use it to its full potiental if i want.
There is nothing saying that you can't use it. You can use any paintball marker pretty much out there. But there is a limit as to how fast you can shoot. If you play PSP/NXL, you can only shoot 15 bps. There are many local tournaments around me that have adopted that rule. So even if you have an 07 Cyborg (Which has been shown to shoot a consistent 33 bps) and you had the fastest super hopper that is capable of feeding that fast, you still could still could not use it to it's fullest advantage. You still have to shoot at 15 bps. NXL auto or PSP ramping or semi. Does not matter.

Now, if you went to SPPL with that marker, you still have to make it shoot at 15 bps. The rules state that no marker can shoot faster than that, no matter if it uses electronics to help it along, or pixie dust.

Again, I don't have a problem with limiting the hopper for your marker. Am I hearing complaints from people with DM whatevers, and Egos, that they need to spend another $65 for a hopper (BTW, I literally just bought a practically brand new FASTA for $35 here on the Nation)? Seriously, you get the chance to shoot ramping, and just about any other mode including true full auto at almost any SPPL event (I have not heard of one yet that did not allow full auto), you can't say that you can do that elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmag99 View Post
Woodsball is a term that is not in dispute here, but since you brought it up, actual Scenario players do not use the term woodsball. Calling someone who wears a constume to a themed game "retarded" is not a good idea. Chances are you will piss someone off and bring a lot of heat down on yourself. Many of the scenario games being played have a theme. In some cases- like at strategy Plus, there is a Santa VS Grinch scenario, dont you think someone should dress as Santa to uphold the theme?

Also dont judge a player for what he does before you try it. If you dont have the cojones to dress in a costume and play. Then you cant judge it. In this case, the players disputing the SPPL name and format have played both. (scenario and tournament formats that is) As a suggestion, keep adjectives like "retarded" to yourself.

No one said that the SPPL wasnt "woodsball". Whats in dispute is if its Scenario play. It is not, its a tournament format played in the woods. So if you want to call it woodsball, so be it. However, dont throw Scenario players into that mix.

As a scenario player who has dressed to play parts in games, and who has written games that other have dressed for- be careful- I took offense to your statement. Many of us do it to hold the game together, and we do it so that others have a good time, and it helps to keep the theme running. Its not about making a picture in a magazine, but about making the game better and more fun for others. Think past yourself before calling someone "retarded".
Actually, I'm not a scenario player, the closest is the paintball Civil War that I have been playing forever now. But I agree with you, because the people that do take the time to collect an outfit to wear to a game, to make that game better for everyone, has my respect. I appreciate all that they do, and yes, I highly enjoy getting to see them in magazines.

I'm not offended by what he said, but disappointed.
Octagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2007, 05:38 PM #149
timbertiger20

timbertiger20 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon View Post
You can take away the hopper restriction, but then you are pretty much forcing PACT timers as a rule. And what happens if you have the ghillie suited sniper type of guy out there that is running a RT Mag with a HALO or Reloader B? You gotta seem him and get him shooting to know if he is shooting faster than the 15 bps.

I have no problem with running a Revvie or FASTA or whatever. Even though I sling the paint, it still makes me a better player knowing that everything is more even in terms of equipment.

But there are some new hoppers and markers out there that need to be reviewed to see how they are affected by the rules. Like the Proto SLG.
You do anyways.......because most snipers tend to use q-loaders......so once again you still have to check them with a Pact!
timbertiger20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:43 PM #150
Octagon (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbertiger20 View Post
You do anyways.......because most snipers tend to use q-loaders......so once again you still have to check them with a Pact!
It does not matter what they use. If they are ghillied out, then finding them can be a chore. And you have to find them to hit them with a PACT timer.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:46 PM #151
timbertiger20

Yup I see no way around it...........legalize everything and check them all.......fairest and most balanced approach! And to the guy shooting the a-5 that says let them shoot as fast as they can shoot........you clearly haven't faced a 10 man team of guys shooting 30+ BPS..........
Old 12-17-2007, 05:52 PM #152
Octagon (Banned)

Quote:
Yup I see no way around it...........legalize everything and check them all.......fairest and most balanced approach! And to the guy shooting the a-5 that says let them shoot as fast as they can shoot........you clearly haven't faced a 10 man team of guys shooting 30+ BPS..........
Heh, yeah, I bet you guys are all hoping to be able to hit that high with your Droids and Borgs.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:55 PM #153
timbertiger20

Quote:
Heh, yeah, I bet you guys are all hoping to be able to hit that high with your Droids and Borgs.
Hell no........who could afford that paint budget?
30BPSx3600x7 games =378 cases for our team
Old 12-17-2007, 06:01 PM #154
Octagon (Banned)

That is saying that you lay on your triggers the whole time. I know Krazy won't, he runs around so much, heh.

Actually, I think that your math might be slightly off. If I am correct, it would be 30 bps X 3600 seconds X 10 people = 1,080,000 paintballs, or 540 cases, per game? At seven games in a weekend, that's 3,780 cases for the whole tournament. You can only imagine the glee on Jayson's face if that was all done at the Utah Qualifier.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:19 PM #155
Schloob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousTPT Ian View Post
I just really think that they should take away a lot of the limits, It would get a whole bunch of people more intrested. When I spend 100 on a electro hopper that feeds more then 15 bps I expect to use it. I just think it's a marketing scheme for spec ops. I cannot use an ego but I can use a 1000 dollar double trouble that is underproforming and much heavier then a ego 07 or 08. Double trouble is nice and if your into milsim then I'm all for it but I'd rather see more of a freedom with the choice of things you can use instead of being greatly restricted.
I am Jayson and I have to admit it has been somewhat difficult to sit and read all your posts. Some of them are right one and some are slightly off the mark while others are way out in left field. But I would like to take a minute to address them. Although it has been hard to hear what you all have to say I really do appreciate it because it will help me to make the SPPL better.

First of all, I understand the fact that I will never please everyone, no matter how hard I try. And yes maybe the SPPL isn't for everyone and that's ok too because tourney isn't for everyone either. But I will try my best to address some of your concerns and I hope most, if not all of you, will give me the benefit of the doubt and know that whatever I do for the SPPL is only to make it better and create something the players will find exciting and enjoyable with a great prize package. I have said it before and I will say it again. This truly is a players league and your opinions really do count. It doesn't mean I can always give every player what they want but I will try to please the masses if it makes sense financially and administratively.

So to address the first quote, if I remove the hopper restriction but still keep the 15 bps does that solve a lot of your issues? I get the fact that players don't want to have to buy new equipment just to player. I'm a player too and I buy what I like and like to use what I buy. The reason for the hopper restriction in the first place however, was to create a level playing field, for teams that choose to shoot a Tippmann or something similar, with teams that shoot faster makers. Was it the right decision at the time the SPPL was created? I don't know, I wasn't there then but I understand why they did it and it seemed to make sense at the time. But that doesn't mean a decision 3 years ago is still a good decision today. So I appreciate your opinions on this.
Schloob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:21 PM #156
Schloob

Quote:
They are still out of the same building and although different companies.......Recon and SPPL were purchased by Jayson.......the agreement isn't public knowledge but.........something still exists. The first 3 years have been all about getting more sponsorships.......making the rules fit another companies products have always been in the mix........like I said there is one way to cap 15 BPS........buy PACT timers and let the refs walk by and check them. There isn't any interference and it can be done without the player knowing your doing it! Why else do you think q-loaders are legal on everything?
To answer your questions Timber, the SPPL is a stand alone company. Does SpecOps still have control over the SPPL? No. But I am and will continue to be a huge fan and talk with key people there that I trust for ideas, suggestions and opinions. Does SpecOps continue to support the SPPL? Absolutely! And why shouldn't they, they are no different than any other sponsor and I have present them with a sponsorship proposal just like I would with any other sponsor. Why do I do this? Well it's because I think they have great products that a lot of players would enjoy if they win them. I also think if you win their stuff but don't care to wear it there are plenty of other people out there that would be happy to buy it. It's no secret that teams everywhere from tourney to woods ball sell most of the stuff they win to pay for the habit; paintball.

I don't bend to sponsors, I might give a little but that is just business. Ask any tournament team if their sponsors require or ask them to do certain things. I doubt anyone of them will say no. It might appear that way though and I get it, so I will explain. The pistol issue that has been mentioned was not suggested by a sponsor, although they jumped on that band wagon when they heard about it, it was suggested by a player. But after asking players about it on the forums and trying to determine if it would really be beneficial to the league and would that said benefit be worth the mess associated with reffing it; we decided against it. So I don't see us bending to sponsors.

Q-loader did not sponsor the SPPL. For the record, they will in 2008 but that doesn't change this discussion; why are Q-laoders allowed? Well, I wasn't there when the final decision was made but I know enough to tell you that it probably had a lot to do with the fact the SpecOps made a body kit for the SP Ion and players wanted to use it in the SPPL. At the time SpecOps owned the SPPL so they can do what they want. But there is more, at the time this decision was made no one felt that a Q-Loader, although force-feed, was really the same thing as other force-feed hoppers because you are limited on the amount of paint you can carry and shoot with it. Does this mean it was the best decision, or the right one? I don't know. But that decisions was made before I got involved so I left it there. But once again, if we lift the hopper restriction then this becomes a mute point; right?

I don't see where the SPPL has adjusted rules to fit sponsors products. We shoot paint and Pro Caps sponsors us, so does that mean we bent over for ProCaps? No, it just means that in any business you try to do what you think will work and then spend the rest of your time making adjustments. I know , everyone will say it's because of Smart Parts but that is not true. In fact, the first year of the SPPL we had a lot of teams that wanted to compete but didn't like the restrictions that were in place then. The only reason those restrictions were lifted is because there we a lot of teams that felt left out, much like a lot of you comments and the fact that the true, mech only teams that we though would embrace the SPPL; but didn't. So the change was made to help the league grow buy allowing more teams since there were less restrictions. Smart Parts came along after the fact and their participation had nothing to do with the rule change.

I also realize there are a lot of Smart Parts haters out there. It seems everyone I talk to hates them which doesn't make any sense to me since I see so many of their guns out there. But because there are so many haters it's natural for people to think there is some back room deal going on between the two of us because they are playing in the event. Maybe they like playing in the SPPL because it reminds Billy and Adam of what paintball used to be and they flat out think this is the best format around. Am I flattered that they play in the SPPL league; hell yeah! And the reason is because those guys and many others like them i.e Dan Bonebrake, and Randy Wood to name just a few that helped make paintball what it is today. Don't have the time to play much paintball anymore. But when they do play they choose to play in the SPPL.

Does having them play in the SPPL screw things up? Of course, why do you think we are going to divisions next year? I want those guys to play but I don't want them pounding the new and younger teams that aren't ready to play against them yet. But if you want to use the argument that I bend to sponsors then i guess someone will say I added divisions for some reason other than what it was. And that ways to keep a level playing field where all teams, not matter what level they are at can enjoy the fun and excitement of competing in the great sport of paintball. Because let's face it, most of us are too old and out of shape to compete in anything. We are all has-beens from High school who now have a chance to compete at a level that never existed before the SPPL.

Since I have mentioned Smart Parts, I should also also mention that I have asked them to Sponsor the SPPL in 2008. They haven't gotten back to me but if they do I don't want everyone thinking I sold out again because I didn't. It just makes good business sense to have them on board as a sponsor. Sure some players might not compete if they sponsor the series but I also know there are a lot of people out there that would love a chance to win some of their stuff, even if they just sell it to pay for more paintball.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:22 PM #157
Schloob

Quote:
Like I said his rules are very inconsistant! Click the full rules link and click download. I opened the .rtf version because they are easy to print! Hopefully they are all the same. If you go look in the hopper forum section you'll see the posts about it. Also if you dig you'll find the secondary pistol rule and you'll see where everyone says "No" and then you'll find a remark by Jayson where it says that the owner of whomever produces Tac8's thought that would be a fun rule to include

I think they have been hoping for an SP sponsorship of the series!
If you noticed rule changes previous right when the EP rule changed is when SpecOps began producing Ion kits......including q-bows and the like. They also allow the SpecOps feed system which was like 20 some balls spring fed as well!
I addressed a lot of these concerns in my reply above so I don't need to spend a lot of time on this but you're right our rules are somewhat inconsistent. The league is young and only has 3 years under it's belt. It will take us time to fine tune everything and develop a comprehensive Encyclopedia Brittanica size rule book like the PSP and NPPL. Has anyone read their rules by the way? (That was sarcasm if you missed it) We have tied to keep the rules simple but in doing so we created some inconsistancies and we realize that and are always working to tighten them up.

As for the Tac8 comment. I am guilty as charged so don't waste anytime trying to find it. I'll just fess up now. It did sound like a fun idea at the time I made the post but as I explained earlier, after further consideration we decided against it. So please forgive me for thinking something was a good idea at the time. (That was sarcasm too)

Quote:
Octogon- my point being we couldn't check all the hoppers no matter what. The 15 minutes between games barely allowed the refs to reset and get everyone ready to go. Most teams shot Fasta hoppers........so you have 15 hoppers on each side you need to check? Also I'm no hopper expert.......but if you hang out in the hopper forum around here you'll find they can mod anything to do whatever they want. My point being they need to scrap the rule on hoppers and make it unbiased..........no we'll allow this hopper because they sponsor the event. It's simple........15BPS........that's it! Easy to enforce and easy to understand.

I have to disagree with you on this completely:
"At least the SPPL is listening to it's players"
I don't think one recommendation from our team has even been looked at!
The only time I really have felt that was true is when everyone jumped on Jayson for the secondary weapon crap. I have some other things you and your team should know but that is private! PM me any IM service info you use!
I am listening to the players that is 100% correct. But that doesn't mean I can always do what everyone wants all the time. Because as anyone knows who has been reading this post knows the slightest change in anything will be scrutinized over and over again and have long lasting events for good and bad.

Quote:
So bashing something that you don't have any experience is right? I know it happens all of the time, but that makes it right? I have never shoot a Mini, but you are not going to see me going in there and bashing them.

"What is popular is not always right. What is right is not always popular."

Yes, I know that 15 bps is the rule. I think that it is way to easy for the guy with the Ego7 to slap on a HALO, or whatever, and rip away. And may of these kids these days will be able to shoot 19 or so bps. Don't think that I have not thought, and even planned to skirt the rules on this. I specifically bought a Revvie to do the forcefeed mod to (I just sold the Egg that was going to be the guts for it). But as you said, you guys did check and see that people were shooting at or below the 15 bps. Yes, it can be done, cheating, side skirting the rules, and it can be done without getting caught. But does that make you, and maybe your whole team better, because you are able to fool the refs and shoot 17 bps? Or that you can wipe a hit off of you cleanly?

I watched at Finals, a situation happen. After the the whole big speil from Jayson about how if you are caught playing on after a hit, you are done from the tournament. Semi finals, Jayson went to the field to help out with reffing with the game. For those of you that were not there, field two had a long section of concrete piping that ran towards the corner on Swing base. After the first reinsertion, there was a Cruel player with what appeared to be paint on him. So Jayson goes over to call him out. Well, the player argues that the hit was previous, and he has already called himself out, and just gotten back there from the reinsert. Instead of calling out in a loud voice, so that others in the area can hear him, that the player is neutral, while waiting for verification. There is a two minute wait for the verification that the hit was indeed recorded and allowing him to play. There is not one, but two Forest Demons there, neither knowing what is going on, and neither wanting to give away their position. Neither knowing if they can move up and pull the flag to their color. The Swing base stayed neutral for about 15 to 20 minutes or so of the game. Finally, Jayson gets the message about the hit. Again, he does not say anything out loud at all.

Same game, about five minutes later. There are two Cruel players in the snake, one just shy of the head. One of the Forest Demons basically bunkers him. The very first shot hits the Cruel player smack in the middle of the mask. Instead of calling himself out, his speedball instincts take over, and he starts ripping on the Forest Demon. Both of them take about five seconds to rail on each other, just like you might see at any NPPL or PSP/NXL type of tournament. Then Jayson moves in, calls them both out. Clearly, the Cruel player was hit first, right in the middle of his mask, cyclopsed you might say. And he shoot back. He played on. This is a penalty that causes him to be removed from the tournament, and, if I remember correctly, causes his team to play with 9 people on the field, not 10.

Everyone that was there to watch that game, around 20 or so spectators, were all in agreement that he should have been pulled out of the game. Not a simple trade off between the players. Are there problems? Yes, but does *****ing about them here and saying that the SPPL sucks and whatnot actually solve anything?

You will get a PM.
Actually, I try to stay off the field at all times. It's not my job to ref, it's my refs job. I hope they do the best job they can. They are human after all and will always made mistakes but I do try and stay off the field to avoid these types of situations. I don't recall the specific example you are referring to. In fact, the only time I remember doing on the field at all during the finals was the last 10 minutes or so of the game between Cruel and Wetworkz, the last few minutes of the game between Smart Corp and Cruel. I also wanted the Cruel and Forest Demon Game from the tape line on the road. Is it possible for refs to miss calls? Absolutely. In fact, I am sure the SPPL refs have missed calls. I would even bet that every ref in any sport has missed a call. How many of us have watched a football game or Basketball game, to name a few, and everyone in the stands saw a blown call. I see it every time I watch the NBA and the NFL and those guys are arguablely the best refs in the world. Wouldn't you agree? But would you also agree you have never seen the NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB over turn or make a call because the fans watching saw it when the ref didn't. Of course not! There are a lot of people reading this thread thinking the SPPL is a joke and that's ok. But what do think people would say if we made or overturned a call every time the fans on the sideline watching, agreed the refs screwed up. The league would die overnight!

I don't understand why paintballers expect perfection from the refs and then cry fowl and think the SPPL or any other paintball series is a joke when a call gets blown. Don't get me wrong we should strive for perfection, but let's face it refs are humans too and they will always miss stuff no matter how hard they try or how simple we make the rules.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:23 PM #158
Schloob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 03 View Post
Yeah, I have said it before and will say it again, the word Scenario in Scenario Paintball Players League is not really accurate. Not that I care, and it certainly doesn't keep me from playing, but it isn't a scenario. That being said, I think it would be beyond difficult to make a competitive, team based scenario that was truly balanced. You couldn't really do the same scenario over and over again, and the objectives would have to be almost exactly alike or you have one team saying that it is unfair, that their objective was a lot harder. Really, the only way to have a fair scenario challenge would be to have both sides with exactly the same objectives, which is what the SPPL is. The only thing I could see that might make it more schenario like would be to have specific timed objectives, rather than basic goals like capture and hold. For instance, a call would come in to one commander to hold the swing base for 15 minutes. At the same time, the call would go in to the other commander to take the swing base something in the next 15 minutes and hold it for five. But then to make it fair, you would have to have the exact same objective, but reversed, later in the game... and so on and so on. So, the SPPL is what it is. I am interested to see how the TTPL addresses this issue, as I am sure they will ultimately have to. If they ever get close enough, we would like to try that format too. Yes, we are paintball whores.
Quote:
In all fairness, if there were a chance the SP would throw money at us, you'd see some longing in my eyes, too.

Seeing it from Jayson's perspective, the SPPL is a standalone entity now, so he depends on money from sponsors. Allowing SP to play an illegal hopper, as long as they don't cheat, if there is a chance that they could eventually back the business seems like a small price to pay, to me. And from my perspective, the SPPL having sponsors keeps me from having to pay a lot more in entry and paint, so you and I directly benefit from Jayson doing a little butt kissing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmag99 View Post
ATTA -American Tactical Teams Association.

I commend you and your team on your vaules of integrity and fair play. I have promoted these ideas for the last 15 years. This is why my team and I play in scenario ball. Its simply easier to promote these ideas in a competitive free enviornment.

In short, I appreciate it if you took the time to read this post; considering it was so long. I hope it will help a lot of you understand why things are they way they are. I also hope that for those of you who have not played in the SPPL will give it a try. I am sure you will like it but I understand if you choose not too. I always welcome your feed back because I do want to make the league better.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:12 PM #159
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Thank you for posting Jayson. I was wondering when you would. I know there is only so much I can take as well

We do love playing the SPPL and we will be there to play again next year. The SPPL is a fun series and does care about the players. Otherwise, there would not have been all these rules changes in the past few years.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:28 PM #160
Octagon (Banned)

Thank you Jayson. I can think of all sorts of praises for you, but perhaps I shall wait until another time for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schloob View Post
Actually, I try to stay off the field at all times. It's not my job to ref, it's my refs job. I hope they do the best job they can. They are human after all and will always made mistakes but I do try and stay off the field to avoid these types of situations. ...I also wanted the Cruel and Forest Demon Game from the tape line on the road.
As to what I was refering to was the Cruel vs. Forest Demons game, in Semis. It was after the second insert that you noticed that a member of Cruel had what looked to be a hit on him. Another member of Cruel had just gotten hit and walked away when you went up the the member that you thought had been hit. I know that there was a problem with the radio's, as you had the nearby ref call for a check from the Dead Box ref to assure that the player was being truthful with you about having called himself out already and having the hit recorded. Ultimately, you had to send the ref in that area back to verify this with the DB ref. It was at that time, you basically had neutraled the player, and this stymied the two Forest Demon players, as you did not call out loud for the player to be neutral. This whole situation had taken about two minutes.

The second part to this was a little bit later in the same game. There was a FD players that came up to charge the snake, the long concrete rollers that started about 20 feet from the corner and paralelled the road towards the center of the field. Cruel had two players towards the end of the snake. One FD guy went up to take out the first Cruel player. The FD guy came over the top of the concrete roller and shot the Cruel player square in the middle of his goggles. You can accurately say that he Cyclopsed him. The Cruel player reacted by swinging his marker up and blasting into the FD player. For about five seconds, both players layed into each other. You then came in and called them both out. There were no penalties assessed to anyone, simply called a mutual elimination. There had to be at least 20 people on the sidelines sitting there watching this game, from ForestFire, Suppressors, and a couple of other teams. Every single person believed that the Cruel player had intentionally played on with a hit. He was hit first, and very clearly in the middle of the lense of his goggles. You can't call that bird doodoo that happened to fall out of the sky, the paint was orange. But he swung up and blasted the person that shot him, after he was hit. To me, and those others, it seems like a case of playing on after you have been hit. You made the grandiose statement at the players meeting the morning before about the affects of playing on after you are hit. It was not enforced.

Just like I said to Sean (Sean@SmartParts), you, as the organizer, set the tone for the rules. You are expected to follow through with your decisions. There can no ifs, ands, or buts about it. If you are going to step onto the field, and help ref, then you too are held accountable to what is expected of all of the refs. Just like what happened with letting one of the Smart Corps guys using a forcefeed hopper on his SP-1, this smacks of favoritism. It is made worse because it was the Semi's and you are the Big Kahuna of the SPPL. Sorry, but that's my opinion on that.

Last edited by Octagon : 12-18-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:28 PM #161
Schloob

Then I missed that and I'm sorry. I don't actually remember that specific situation. I do recall a FD player shooting a Cruel guy over the snake but I don't remember the details. I know the rules but I have to leave that to my refs to make the call. but you bring up a good point so maybe I should just stay off the field completely but I'm a fan to and like to watch.

Yes I did tell smart parts they could use there forced feed hoppers since they were trying out the SP1 and the marker could only shoot 11 or 12 balls. I probably shouldn't have but to be honest I don't really see the difference between the force-feed an the other hoppers as far as are rules are concerned. That is why will are considering changing it in 2008. this is the first I have announced it and I will do a formal announcement shortly. But if the players want the hopper restriction lifted I will left it and give it a try in 2008. But if players abuse it and try to shoot over the 15 bps, the penalty will be so step you would be an idiot to do it. You will also be branded a cheater and your team will be under increased scrunity. If it continues your team will be ejected from the event. and I will reserve the right to go back to the restrictions in 09.

Please note: I have made a change to this post. I have made a huge mistake and mistyped what I was trying to say. I know, I know, I will get murdered over this and that's fine. I will make sure I am more careful and reread what I type in the furture. But I do want to be clear about one thing and that is this. Before I bend and make any decisions on rules such as this it will be because the players who have played in and support the league want it. I will always listen to voices of the players that support us before I listen to anyone else.

I also see you other points and will try not to make those mistakes again.

Last edited by Schloob : 12-31-2007 at 12:45 AM. Reason: I screwed up and left out something very important.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:37 PM #162
Octagon (Banned)

Oh, I don't have a problem with you wanting to watch any of the games. Heck, that is why we were all there. To watch the game. Yeah, I was hoping for FD to win.

Wow, nice. I think that no, there will be less reason's for people to not want to play. Of course, I will still be there with a FASTA hopper in my marker, as you can see (In my sig), I am selling my Reloader B's and Egg. But that will be pretty cool.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:18 PM #163
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Holy Cow, the hopper rule is being lifted and Jayson announced it here first! Thats huge!
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:12 PM #164
Grinder01
Just Another Heretic

Grinder01 is playing at Living Legends VII
jayson-

it is a good thing that you are a realist about not being able to please everyone, otherwise i think this thread would have driven you or anyone else to the grave!

having played in last year's event, i can say that the sportsmanship is unmatched in this league compared to any other, even outside the sport of paintball. as far as the hopper restriction being lifted, i can't say that i am overly worried about teams trying to one-up the competition by shooting a few BPS higher than their opponents. at 25 BPS in the woods, you STILL aren't guaranteed a hit, and you're out of paint in 60 seconds!

15 BPS is a perfectly realistic bar to set for the competition, and i think your plan of action is right-on. if so many people say they can use their Reloader B's without overshooting, let's give them that chance to prove it. and if they just can't keep it within the rules, they're out! in the end, hopper gag or not, i'll be out there with my mech A5 tearing it up just the same.

Jayson, you've taken quite a load on your shoulders with this competition and everything that goes with it, and i and the Heretics commend you for it.
Grinder01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:25 PM #165
sliip

Quote:
Holy Cow, the hopper rule is being lifted and Jayson announced it here first! Thats huge!
WOW....good news. I have to say however that I saw the buying of a different hopper as a part of playing that event. It was different but it didnt really inhibit my play style.

Overall the sppl is an overwhelming sigh of relief for the paintball world. It allows the more scenario types to test there metal against the same in a scenario format, as well as handout stuff for pure sportsmanship...I mean who does that. Props!

I know the new rules just came out, and there may be a few descrepancies here and there but none the less if you have an opportunity to play....do it!

Also as far as the poll...I would like to see a rating from people who have actually played it. I have yet to hear one person who has played in this format to say one thing negative about that actual event. (By that I mean the game itself...not the things above)

Last edited by sliip : 12-18-2007 at 07:27 PM.
sliip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:29 PM #166
djballer1990

way cool jayson! no one can say anything bad cause you are human like all of us but you are trying to make it better and you will

now for my picks for 2008 SPPL

my first two teams are tied - forest fire and forest demons (cause i know the demons and they are cool and good) i like forest fire cause they almost beat the demons in oregon and all the demons say that forest fire is a great team and the best team they ever played including cruel who they lost to

smart corps - 3rd caus eyou cant win all the tiem

those are my picks
djballer1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:40 PM #167
Octagon (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djballer1990 View Post
way cool jayson! no one can say anything bad cause you are human like all of us but you are trying to make it better and you will

now for my picks for 2008 SPPL

my first two teams are tied - forest fire and forest demons (cause i know the demons and they are cool and good) i like forest fire cause they almost beat the demons in oregon and all the demons say that forest fire is a great team and the best team they ever played including cruel who they lost to

smart corps - 3rd caus eyou cant win all the tiem

those are my picks
Thanks for the Props. But don't count out the other awesome teams that are out there and playing. FF Red will play the Elite division, I am sure, since we have done so well in the last two years. Not sure what is going to happen with FF Green (Or Blue), only time will tell. But regardless of the division, you can't count out California Gridlock, The Irregulators, Great Lakes Rangers, Crosstown (Are they still playing?), GTF All Stars, Suppressors, Desert Edge, Cruel, or any other team that I may have missed (How may played last year?). Everyone that comes out and plays, competes in the SPPL, has fun and plays with honor and integrity, can't really call themselves losers.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:07 PM #168
timbertiger20

After talking with Jayson a bit it sounds like the new rules will help ease some of the problems from last year. The hopper decision was the correct one and you'll have a PM in a few minutes Schloob on those PACT timers. Also to set the record straight some of the complaint and facts put in hear Jayson had never even heard about! He has now and I think he understands where the animocity was coming from. Our team loves the SPPL don't get me wrong......and we love the teams in our division for the most part. The reffing.........well admitting there is problems is the first step to recovery...... and to those of you who didn't understand why the argument occured if you reffed and tried to check them all the time you would! Now it will be much simpler to ref.......I hope........and I think he has some good ideas for 09 your all going to like! I still don't know that our team would shell out that kind of money for finals.........but Forest Fire can be damn sure we won't have pumps
ReplyScenario Ups