Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-30-2007, 10:54 PM #22
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
All I was clarifying is that is isn't and never could be a firearm. I just wanted to clarify that. So... firearm statutes would still never apply to them, pure and simple. I understand what a lookalike is but that isn't the same thing now is it. And just because you are a cop doesn't make you a legal expert. The laws governing what is and is not a firearm are regulated by the ATF, not local laws. However I totally agree that using a paintball gun in a matter consistent with making its use appear to be that of a firearm is reprehensible. Use common sense people I mean come on. LE officers should take all precautions because they really never know. I think you took my posts in the context of what some other people were saying, even though I was only responding to one user's comment. I'm assuming you did this since you quoted my post..

Last edited by berserker19 : 11-30-2007 at 10:58 PM.
berserker19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2007, 01:01 AM #23
scrounger

berserker19, I never aimed at you personally.

But there are too many that use the "its not a firearm" argument to justify some really stupid things (like fireing from a car). I just quoted you to show that the act that started this thread has nothing to do weither the ATF considers a paintball gun a firearm.

I was trying to point out it could be considered a firearm in the way it was used in charging with a crime and sentencing thereof.

I see too many posts here from people that if young guns followed the misunderstanding (to put it mildly) of the law, they will end up in jail. Even if they were just being inocent idiots.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

Scrounger
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:58 AM #24
MedicDVG
Support the Troops!

MedicDVG is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
MedicDVG has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
While the ATF may not define a paintball marker as a firearm, the federal government has allowed local municipalities to define and enforce what they consider firearms or not. The only stipulation is that any state or local law can not be applied to any standard that is less then what the federal standard is.

So... while it is true the ATF does not consider a paintball marker a 'firearm' doesn't mean that your local common council or whatever agrees.
Ebay
AO

www.bigevilonline.com -- a better, happier place to be. Don't mess with La famiglia!
MedicDVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:57 AM #25
berserker19

Legally it's possible, but I still doubt local laws anywhere would ever classify a paintball gun as a firearm. I think some states have tried stuff like wanting paintballers to have firearm owners id's or hunting licenses but I think these laws are quickly written and usually fail.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:21 AM #26
Crazzy_Al
Paintball Addict!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty man View Post
Are you serious... someone died. I'm not trying to disrespect the sport, or even want to. I respect paintballing and don't want to ruin it for other people. I didn't know what the law was, which is why I posted it here. It's just that the other day my brother hit a deer at night and there's just so many deer in my area. I was thinking about having a paintball gun in my car, so if i see a deer just pop it once and scare it off so other people don't run into one. I didn't know if that was legal or not and I'm not trying to disobey the law in any way.
How old are you?

That has to be one of the dumbest ****ing things I have read on this site...and there us a LOT of dumb **** said here.
Ego Mafia / Death Before Dishonor
ebaY Rating: 100% @ +51/0- ***** PBNation Rating: 100% @ +15/0-
My feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=361931
Crazzy_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:24 AM #27
AznAdamPballin
Bleh.

i wouldnt do it i dont want to go to jail or pay a huge fine
besides you dont want to hurt anyone right.
shoot your gun at the field but anywhere else except your backyard lol and your target at the field
Ul trigger
AznAdamPballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:20 PM #28
ghillemonster
G-Tech

i hate all toughts youtube vids of people in cars shooting peopel who are doing abbsolutly nothing and haveing a great time, it's stupid, and only hurting the sport.
ghillemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:31 PM #29
xXSeanisLegendXx
Teh Legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzoso View Post
Nope, not a good idea to carry in your car. If you try to tell a cop that story, he will never believe you. If they are real dicks, they can take your gun as well.

As a Biology student, hunter, and outdoorsman, the only reason to shoot an animal is to kill and eat it, or to cull a diseased animal from the population. A paintball shot into the eye will most likely cause a painful infection that will slowly spread through the blood and into the brain. It would be slow, and miserably painful.

Not saying that you would intentionally do that, but we all know how innaccurate paintball guns are. If you get a dimple, or a velocity spike, or a little bubble, whatever, the *** to the eye is only a few feet.

Get an airhorn. install an aftermarket one on your car, or buy a cheap boat horn. They have tons of uses.

Besides, shooting the deer would scare it. Once they cross the road, they are going somewhere, they don't just wander, they hate roads and people too.(unless they are around idiots that feed them) If you spook them, they usually freak out and might run any way imaginable. They usually run ahead, and then circle around somewhat, depending on the topography. Best to just let them go. Or buy a compound bow and a cookbook.

muzzle loaders ftw.
also if you shoot a deer and it don't die withing a half hour (or so) it will most likely live. thats why we use scopes/sights to make sure it's a good clean kill.

/OT rant
xXSeanisLegendXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:43 PM #30
speedballer92123

i work at a paintball field, and on our waivers, it clearly states in bold print that its against federal law to fire a paintball gun outside of a designated paintball field
speedballer92123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:16 PM #31
berserker19

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedballer92123 View Post
i work at a paintball field, and on our waivers, it clearly states in bold print that its against federal law to fire a paintball gun outside of a designated paintball field
There's no way that is actually a federal law. It's probably just against the field rules.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:19 PM #32
speedballer92123

here is a copy of the waiver from the field i work at off our website http://xzpaintball.com/images/waiver.pdf. scroll to page 2, look on the 4th line of the paragraph under the signature box. why would we put that on our waivers if it isnt true? thats called lying, and we can get tagged for it

If you like speedball, then you're not a noob
MID-FRONT INSERT SNAKE FTW!!

92 % of PBnation would be dead if Hostile Kids said breathing wasn't agg. If you're in the 8% that would celebrate the mass suicide of the fanboys, put this in your sig.

Last edited by speedballer92123 : 01-07-2008 at 11:37 PM.
speedballer92123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:27 PM #33
Crazzy_Al
Paintball Addict!!

Why is this retarded *** thread still open? I see a LOT more viable threads get locked on this board before they even get reply #1. The dumbing down this thread has brought to PBN has gone on for 6 months now.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:08 PM #34
berserker19

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedballer92123 View Post
here is a copy of the waiver from the field i work at off our website http://xzpaintball.com/images/waiver.pdf. scroll to page 2, look on the 4th line of the paragraph under the signature box. why would we put that on our waivers if it isnt true? thats called lying, and we can get tagged for it
I'm sorry, I read your waiver but there is no way that is true. There may be local ordinances against firing a marker outside the park, but there are no federal laws pertaining to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazzy_Al View Post
Why is this retarded *** thread still open? I see a LOT more viable threads get locked on this board before they even get reply #1. The dumbing down this thread has brought to PBN has gone on for 6 months now.
If you don't like a thread then just GTFO. There have been some legitimate legal concerns raised here.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:52 PM #35
Crazzy_Al
Paintball Addict!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
...If you don't like a thread then just GTFO. There have been some legitimate legal concerns raised here.
No there hasn't. Anyone who has come to this thread for legitimate legal advice must have the IQ of a ****ing handball.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:16 PM #36
berserker19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazzy_Al View Post
No there hasn't. Anyone who has come to this thread for legitimate legal advice must have the IQ of a ****ing handball.
Who do you think you are, the jesus christ of pbn posters? If you think a thread is stupid then just GTFO and go somewhere else. It's a public forum not a damn attorney's office. People can say whatever the hell they want you freakin' nazi.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 PM #37
Crazzy_Al
Paintball Addict!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
Who do you think you are, the jesus christ of pbn posters? If you think a thread is stupid then just GTFO and go somewhere else. It's a public forum not a damn attorney's office. People can say whatever the hell they want you freakin' nazi.
Keep spreading stupidity. You should be proud you're contributing to the dumbing down of America.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:01 PM #38
berserker19

yeaahhh.... and with that... go get bent

Last edited by berserker19 : 01-09-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:33 PM #39
N.O CON

i have my own question about something..does anybody kno the consequences of intentionally waiting in a car in front of someones house and waiting till they walk out and then start shooting them..i was thinking that since cops cannot trace bullets i was gonna use a paintball gun..so does anybody know the law and sentence for new orleans l.a for a type of offense like that
N.O CON is offline   Reply With Quote