We want to welcome people to the single best place on the web to read and post paintball news, so we developed these simple rules to help you post news in this forum.
Replying to Threads:
1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
2 Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
What Not to post when starting a new thread here:
1. Please do not post Questions. Asking questions belong in other forums.
2. Please do not post Rumors.
3. Do not post Online Petitions. Please keep in mind that online petitions aren't only useless, they're not news
4. Do not post about websites being hacked. It is NOT news and we at PbN have no interest in publicizing such events.
5. Do not post just a link to somewhere else. That's not news. Post the story.
6. Do not post pre-orders here on Pbnation.
Posting New Threads:
Following these rules will keep your post from being deleted, your user name from being banned or your company from making it on the dreaded swear filter.
This forum is for our members to share news. If you're a new member, we encourage you to read news here and consider becoming a supporting member
so you can search and we can keep the site running, but start by posting in other places on the site. You will quickly be unwelcome if you spam a company across these boards, but you will be banned if you do it here in News so please take caution. Once you are familiar with the site and you are an active part of the community here then read and follow the rules below before posting in the News section. If you are a new company and you have News to share, consider purchasing a News Up
to get the word out quickly by clicking the
after you've made your News post.
1. Just post news. If it is paintball related and it's news, we want to hear about it.
2. New Products are the most common type of post in News. We do
want to see new products posted here once they are released. If you want to post about a product that has not yet been released or post an ad you must buy a News Up
3. If you are posting about a new item, please post about it and show pictures. A new color for an existing product does not count as a new item. If you want to post about new colors , you must buy a News Up
4. Always post pictures. Most news can be made more clear with a picture, especially new products. Copies of Ads are not considered news and will be deleted unless you have purchased a News Up
5. Please do not post prices on PbNation unless the post is a News Up
6. Please do not post links to points of purchase or prices on PbNation unless the post is a News Up
7. Links are not news. Links aren't news, even if they are to Myspace or other sites which aren't actively selling something. Post the info here and whenever possible, leave out the links all together unless the post is a News Up
8. Please do not post contact information here. Your customers will find you. You may post complete contact info if you have paid for a News Up
9. A new logo, changes to a company website or new packaging is generally not news. A new color for an existing marker or product is also usually not news. If you think it qualifies as newsworthy, please purchase a News Up
10. Stores and Fields - please post openings, closings and events in the appropriate regional forums. Please only post once. If you you think your store or field has broader appeal than just your region, feel free to post here but you must purchase a News Up
11. Events - please post in the appropriate regional or tournament forum. (National scenarios can go in Scenario/Big Game). Please only post once. This includes all leagues. Field layouts can go in your respective forums. If you want to also post a thread News, please post it and buy a News Up
. If you wish to work out a forum for your tournament league or an arrangement for the year, please contact us using the Contact Us
12. Do not impersonate another person, please post as yourself. This is a very serious offense here and can lead to accounts being banned and your company being swear filtered..
13. No contests of any kind without written permission from PbNation. Email email@example.com
14. One thread per topic. If there is already a post about it, please post in that thread. If you want to post a News Up thread about an existing topic, you may. We will close the existing thread.
15. Paintball related job listings are permissible in the Paintball News forum or the Regional Forums depending on the job. Job listings need to be about the job and not the company and/or products that the company may produce. Do not post web addresses to the company making the listing unless you've purchased a News Up
and please keep all potential employee contact in private via the private messaging system or other private medium.
This forum is not for free advertising so you can promote a company or product. If you want to advertise, please buy a News Up
or contact us
and we can work something out. If you have a press release, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please do not ask a mod to post news for you. They will refer you to the above email address.