We want to welcome people to the single best place on the web to read and post paintball news, so we developed these simple rules to help you post news in this forum.
Replying to Threads:
1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
2 Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
4. Please don't post links. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site. Please do not post links where to buy things or even links to Facebook or Twitter since those are often used for advertising.
What Not to post when starting a new thread here:
1. Please do not post Questions. Asking questions belong in other forums.
2. Please do not post Rumors.
3. Do not post Online Petitions. Please keep in mind that online petitions aren't only useless, they're not news
4. Do not post "news" about other websites, especially about sites being hacked. It is NOT news and we at PbN have no interest in publicizing such events.
5. Do not post just a link to somewhere else. That's not news. Post the story.
6. Do not post pre-orders here on Pbnation.
7. Please do not post contests on PbNation. If you want to run a contest, please run an ad or use the Contact Us
page for details.
8. Please do not post links where to buy things or links to Facebook or Twitter since those are often used for advertising.
Posting New Threads:
Following these rules will keep your post from being deleted, your user name from being banned or your company from making it on the dreaded swear filter.
This forum is for our members to share news. If you're a new member, we encourage you to read news here and consider becoming a supporting member
so you can search and we can keep the site running, but start by posting in other places on the site. You will quickly be unwelcome if you spam a company across these boards, but you will be banned if you do it here in News so please take caution. Once you are familiar with the site and you are an active part of the community here then read and follow the rules below before posting in the News section. If you are a new company and you have News to share, consider purchasing a News Up
to get the word out quickly by clicking the
after you've made your News post.
1. Just post news. If it is paintball related and it's news, we want to hear about it.
2. New Products are the most common type of post in News. Anyone can post new products here. Please make sure there isn't already a thread and leave off the price, website url and contact info. If you want to post a price, website link or advertisement you must buy a News Up
3. If you are posting about a new item, please post about it and show pictures. A new color for an existing product does not count as a new item. If you want to post about new colors , you must buy a News Up
4. Always post pictures. Most news can be made more clear with a picture, especially new products.
5. Please do not post prices on PbNation unless the post is a News Up
6. Please do not post links or even urls unless the post is a News Up
. This includes links to online stores, company websites, Facebook, Twitter or links anywhere else. You must buy a News Up to post a link.
7. Links are not news. Links aren't news, even if they are to Myspace, Facebook, Twitter or other sites which aren't actively selling something. Post the info here and whenever possible, leave out the links all together unless the post is a News Up
8. Please do not post contact information here. Your customers will find you. You may post complete contact info if you have paid for a News Up
9. A new color, logo, changes to a company website, a new website or new packaging for an existing product is generally not news. Changes to a social networking website (Facebook, Myspace, Twiter, etc.) is also not news. A new color for an existing marker or product is also usually not news. If you think it qualifies as newsworthy, please purchase a News Up
10. Please do not advertise penny auction sites here (not even with a News Up). Most these sites just take money out of paintball players' pockets and are not welcome here.
11. Please do not post about sponsorship programs or sponsoring teams, leagues or individual players in News. That is an advertisement and you would need to pay for a News Up
. Some sponsorship announcements are groundbreaking enough that the staff will allow them by themselves, but if you want to ensure the thread stays in the News forum please buy a News Up
12. Stores and Fields - please post openings, closings and events in the appropriate regional forums. Please only post once. If you think your store or field has broader appeal than just your region, feel free to post here but you must purchase a News Up
13. Events - please post in the appropriate regional or tournament forum. (National scenarios can go in Scenario/Big Game). Please only post once. This includes all leagues. Field layouts can go in your respective forums. If you want to also post a thread News, please post it and buy a News Up
. If you wish to work out a forum for your tournament league or an arrangement for the year, please contact us using the Contact Us
14. Do not impersonate another person, please post as yourself. This is a very serious offense here and can lead to accounts being banned and your company being swear filtered..
15. Please no contests of any kind without written permission from PbNation. Email email@example.com
16. One thread per topic. If there is already a post about it, please post in that thread. If you want to post a News Up thread about an existing topic, you may. We will close the existing thread.
17. Paintball related job listings are permissible in the Paintball News forum or the Regional Forums depending on the job. Job listings need to be about the job and not the company and/or products that the company may produce. You may include a contact email address but do not post web addresses to the company making the listing unless you've purchased a News Up
and please keep all potential employee contact in private via the private messaging system or other private medium.
This forum is not for free advertising so you can promote a company, Facebook, Twitter, product or website. If you want to advertise, please buy a News Up
or contact us
and we can work something out. If you have a press release, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please do not ask a mod to post news for you. They will refer you to the above email address.
We do reserve the right to allow or remove threads as we see fit.