Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-18-2007, 10:04 AM #106
BONUS BOLLA

To Paul....we joined your inaugural PALS tourney in malaysia and it was so organized! What happen to the 3rd leg? I agree you guys (PIMP/PALS) tried your best to bring the event in P.I hoping to promote it better, but this event did not have a single "POSITIVE CRITICISM" especially from the GUAM team.

REVIEW THE VIDEOS IF YOU HAVE ANY. team reaper v.s onslaught fury or rage. The last reaper player gets "BUNKERED" and the ref let him play on to shoot the last onslaugth player and then they let him hang the flag with paint mark all over his HOPPER......and then the reaper team "HI-FIVE" the refs....huh I THOUGHT REFS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE NEUTRAL?
.....we can't bring back time but we have videos to prove it. and the white man with the funny hat needs to be "FIRED" from PALS because he thinks he is supperior to everybody, he never cater to any GUAM TEAM refing issues. Like what lyanza posted earlier "IT'S LIKE TALKING TO A WALL"

If you know the place is not capable of hosting it and it would just end up like this (3RD LEG PALS) "DON'T EVEN DO IT" because some of the Guam teams like us (YOUNG GUNS) worked so hard to raise funds to support it.

THANKS,

BB.
BONUS BOLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2007, 10:13 AM #107
BONUS BOLLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
Hi Bro!

Next time try to invite as many crowd as you can. Sayang ganda ng event. If we really want to promote the game of Paintball, let the public know by inviting them. I think thats the primary objective as noted.The Sports Park is half empty and we missed the opportunity...as noted to promote the sports called PAINTBALL.

For reffing, it would be better if we start training the refs ahead of time. Players can train the refs in advance and reinforce them when the Ultimate Judge arrive. We have almost a year to train and veteran participants of PALS is well equipped with the knowledge of the tourney. Good players are still the best refs. None players are the worst!

I pity Paul it seems that he is being blamed for inefficiencies. Others might think that it's Paul's responsiblity to form a counter part. Because if we accepted the work... there are no excuses but to deliver. I feel sorry for PALS.

Hope PALS can set standards in reffing as well. Not only in Malaysia but with other partners (Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand and soon UAE and Guam).

Imagine the expenses incurred in Travelling. Every player expect a good and fair game. Luckily, most of our brothers in Guam are also Pinoys.

I suggest a leg be given to Guam. They are very exposed in good tourneys. Nice chance for us to get a US VISA as well...he! he!

I emphatize with Guam players...you have a strong valid point.

To professionalize the industry we really need professional refs in every country. I think Paul can start setting up good standards and certify refs before they handle such an event.

Poor reffing does not only happen here in PI. It happens in Taiwan too where most of the refs are students but I just don't know why nobody complaint. Maybe we found the games there manageable or even us don't know what is proper.

It's more cost efficient if we can train refs in every PALS partner countries right. I have seen Ulrich in US tourneys, UK refs at the World Cup but no matter how good the Head Marshalls or the Ultimate Judge they should be supported by a good certified local refs.

PALS set callendar dates a year ahead of the schedule. Instead of being sorry and sad let's do something about it. TRAIN AND CERTIFY REFS BEFORE WE TAKE THEM TO THE FIELD! Players who have experienced tourneys knows what is right and what is wrong and familiar with the set-up. Sincerely, I feel responsible even I'm not part of the commitee, because I'm also a key player in the industry.

Me too have experienced being bombarded with comments when we started the ASIAN CUP...not only for a day but for years. We are only less than a year in operation that time and Gotcha refs helped us in officiating and I admit it's done to have fun and we are not ready then. Until now I admit...we still can't do what Paul has been doing (making every Malaysian tourney a great success). I have learned some lessons as well!

GOOD REFFING...GOOD GAME...GOOD PLAYERS...GOOD TOURNEY...TIME TO SET STANDARDS...TIME TO CHANGE.

To our brothers in GUAM...thanks for the feedback...this is a wake-up call. Thanks for a great contribution...your comments are valid and helpful!

Let's move on!
.....AMEN TO THIS BROTHER! I could have not posted it any better.
BONUS BOLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:46 AM #108
Big Brother

Hi Bonus Bolla!

My comment is personal and not to prejudice Pals. It's constructive with a goal to make the league the best in the World!

Hope you can introduce yourself in the forum.

No offense to anybody

Thanks!

Last edited by Big Brother : 10-18-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Big Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:56 AM #109
Dec

Talking

Quote:
Try this!

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it

deosn't mttaer

inwaht

oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt

tihng is taht the frist

and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be

a total mses and

you

can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae

the huamn mnid

deos not
raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh?
This is cool!

Last edited by Dec : 10-20-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Dec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:57 AM #110
uaefalcons

thanks a lot

I think thats the difference with old players and new players... new players tend to enjoy the sport as it is.. old players think its all about winning.... cheers to all specially to our new paintball friends from across the globe... DATIS, REAPERS, ALL the NOYPI TEAMS, THE ORGANIXERS, TC and Company.. thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBalled View Post
On behalf of the UAE Falcons I would like to say congratulations to the winners and organizers of PIMP. It was one hell of an experience for us and I'm proud to say that we are difinitely going back for future PIMP tourneys. I would like to thank tha guys who helped us, Ruel, May you guys have been awesome. Datis thanks for showing us the ropes, I know we have a lot of work to do. TC thanks for lending us your markers. To the teams that raped us, thank you, it inspired us to Malaysia for the world cup, we are now starting to beg for ticket money. To Pinoy ballers, I couldnt be more proud of you guys, you are awesome players. We learned a lot from this tourney hopefully we will do better in Malaysia...

Mabuhay ang PIMP! Mabuhay ang PALS!
uaefalcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:59 AM #111
uaefalcons

FORGET THE FIELD.. next time im back home give me a tour of AIRFORCE ONE..haha...

Quote:
Yap! always nice if it's wet! Like Tampa Mud Fest! But what I like in Tampa are the Top less waitresses that you can touch except leaking! The only problem here in the Island...some bargirls wear nothing except for band aid and San Mig Tansans (all the way!)...ooops...sorry! My field is only in Pasay (near Airforce One and Miss Universal).

Wan't to have practice before the game at Airforce One? I'm available to be your tour guide...first round is mine!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:03 AM #112
uaefalcons

i told you so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaefalcons View Post
It would be nice to play when the field is wet... hmmm smells like tampa...
i told you so... the DIV 1 championships did end up like tampa...pure fun... congratulations to DATIS and REAPERS
Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 PM #113
boybastos

a lot has been said about marshalling and while i agree there are bad calls, i don't think its intentional or prejudicial to any team. ive sat in on a meeting among the PALS people and i can see that fair marshalling is a top priority of theirs. rest assured to all teams, im sure this is being looked into and action will be taken to fix it.

on the flipside, i must also point out the behavior displayed by some players, i saw one player scream, threaten, cuss and curse the head marshall of the draxxus bayan field. in another league, im sure such behavior will not be tolerated let alone go unpunished. i must commend that marshall for exercising restraint in that situation.

as a suggestion: make sure you wipe ALL old hits before entering the field and inform the marshalls prior to the start of any paint marks that they may mistake as a wipe or hit, remember they check live players at the end of the game.

finally, just play smarter and better and don't get hit..that's all!!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 AM #114
Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONUS BOLLA View Post
To Paul....we joined your inaugural PALS tourney in malaysia and it was so organized! What happen to the 3rd leg? I agree you guys (PIMP/PALS) tried your best to bring the event in P.I hoping to promote it better, but this event did not have a single "POSITIVE CRITICISM" especially from the GUAM team.

REVIEW THE VIDEOS IF YOU HAVE ANY. team reaper v.s onslaught fury or rage. The last reaper player gets "BUNKERED" and the ref let him play on to shoot the last onslaugth player and then they let him hang the flag with paint mark all over his HOPPER......and then the reaper team "HI-FIVE" the refs....huh I THOUGHT REFS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE NEUTRAL?
.....we can't bring back time but we have videos to prove it. and the white man with the funny hat needs to be "FIRED" from PALS because he thinks he is supperior to everybody, he never cater to any GUAM TEAM refing issues. Like what lyanza posted earlier "IT'S LIKE TALKING TO A WALL"

If you know the place is not capable of hosting it and it would just end up like this (3RD LEG PALS) "DON'T EVEN DO IT" because some of the Guam teams like us (YOUNG GUNS) worked so hard to raise funds to support it.

THANKS,

BB.
Hey BB? You're from Guam right? Just a sincere concern? May we know how our brother (who was hospitalized) doin right now? Hope he's fine and balling already. Send our concern and regards please! we had a chance of talking to the rest of his teammates the night he was confined. But no news after that.
Please update us! We pray that he's ok now!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:11 AM #115
506guballer (Banned)

Noel is doing fine. In fact he played in the Xball tourney this past weekend. Thanks to all of you who have shown your concern and support during that time. I'll be sure to give him your regards.

Richard L.G. Nartia, Jr.
Captain - Boonie Dogs Black
506guballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:22 AM #116
Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by 506guballer View Post
Noel is doing fine. In fact he played in the Xball tourney this past weekend. Thanks to all of you who have shown your concern and support during that time. I'll be sure to give him your regards.

Richard L.G. Nartia, Jr.
Captain - Boonie Dogs Black
That's good news! regards and hope we can visit Guam soon! There have been a lot of news and promotion on TV regarding Guam (Sports Unlimited featured the marathon)...nice clean City just like Subic!

In the newspapers, they have been recruiting a lot of Pinoys engaged in construction. I think the US Military base in Okinawa will be relocated there soon right!Expect more PB players there, I bet. Most of them are young US Marines!

Have plenty of relatives and friends there and we hope to at least get a FREE MEAL AND ACCOMMODATION he! he! Guam is booming!

Last edited by Big Brother : 10-23-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:08 AM #117
Wajd
Middle East

I believe that the PALS series in manila was a success and i wanna thank these guys to their hard work for going for it. On behalf of the UAE, we would like to thank you for having this tournament.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:10 AM #118
Zargo

Hi Wajd!

Thanks for believing in us! WE will take all criticism as constructive and we will try further to improve were we made mistake or had shortcomings. But of course, we won't be able to do it without the participation of everyone. Thank you to all who have participated in our 1st ever International paintball tournament. Hope we can see you again next year here in Manila. We are not promising anything, but we will try to increase the prizes for the Division 1.

CHEERS!

Ruel
Zargo is offline   Reply With Quote