Old 11-15-2007, 09:54 AM #1
twinings
Cereal Eater

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
twinings plays in the PSP
twinings plays in the APPA D4 division
APE Ion board settings "Newbie" questions

I have some questions about some of the settings... I have a read the stickies in this forum, but I am hopping to have some insight from the regulars on this forum. Please forgive me if these are "newbie" questions, I have only programmed the stock Ion board.

What does lowering trigger debounce do for me? How do I tell when trigger debounce is too low?

What does trigger buffering do, exactly? Will I be able to notice the difference between it being on or off?

How do I optimize dwell modulation? Can I increase battery life with this setting? Or, should I leave it at the default value as I probably won't notice a difference in settings?

Why is the eye mode's default setting = 2 (Eyes On operation with iFault(tm) processing disabled)? I'm guessing the iFault comes in handy in a situation such as when a ball breaks in the breach and the eyes are covered in paint. So, it would seem that I would want iFault to be enabled.

In trigger trainer mode, how do I read the bar graph... is each light equal to ~5bps? So, first light = 1-5BPS, 2nd light = 6-10BPS, 3rd light = 11-15BPS, 4th light = 16-20BPS? What do the flashing lights in trigger trainer mode mean (when your not pulling the trigger)?

Finally, I noticed one oddity: If I turn the marker on, and it's in semi-mode, and I turn off the eyes (which are set in the default eye-setting 2), and pull the trigger, the first trigger pull is full-auto. When I release the trigger, subsequent trigger pulls are semi. Is this expected behavior?

MCB Feedback
twinings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 AM #2
vikeor
Wasted

- What does lowering trigger debounce do for me? How do I tell when trigger debounce is too low? It helps remove bounce... IF u have bounce and its too low, ur trigger will bounce... (duh)

- How do I optimize dwell modulation? Can I increase battery life with this setting? Or, should I leave it at the default value as I probably won't notice a difference in settings? Read the Sticky how to optimize dwell and no it wont increase battery life. It depends on all the upgrades you have.
Black ION w/ups
vikeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:36 PM #3
twinings
Cereal Eater

Annual Supporting Member
Wow, why did you even bother replying? The first answer you gave isn't helpful, and the second answer you gave is flat wrong.

MCB Feedback
Old 11-15-2007, 10:06 PM #4
matt schmissrauter (Banned)

your board is in breakout mode when its full auto off the first pull trigger debounce is just a setting that registers whether the micro switch had a legit trigger pull or a pull due to kick of the gun.
matt schmissrauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:26 PM #5
twinings
Cereal Eater

Annual Supporting Member
Yeah, APE e-mailed me back and said it must be in breakout mode... I don't know how that happened because I never touched that setting. But, it's fixed now!

The only setting I can't figure out now is Dwell Modulation... I guess I'll have to mess with it and see what happens.

MCB Feedback
Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 PM #6
parkrats27 (Banned)

trigger debounce is if you pull the trigger once it will shoot 2 or 3 times
parkrats27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:11 AM #7
Gdude2008
__________DOOM___________

Annual Supporting Member
Gdude2008 plays in the PSP
Gdude2008 helped look for balloons
Gdude2008 supports Team VICIOUS
Gdude2008 is an NCPA player
Gdude2008 plays in the APPA D4 division
Gdude2008 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinings View Post
I have some questions about some of the settings... I have a read the stickies in this forum, but I am hopping to have some insight from the regulars on this forum. Please forgive me if these are "newbie" questions, I have only programmed the stock Ion board.

What does lowering trigger debounce do for me? How do I tell when trigger debounce is too low?

What does trigger buffering do, exactly? Will I be able to notice the difference between it being on or off?

How do I optimize dwell modulation? Can I increase battery life with this setting? Or, should I leave it at the default value as I probably won't notice a difference in settings?

Why is the eye mode's default setting = 2 (Eyes On operation with iFault(tm) processing disabled)? I'm guessing the iFault comes in handy in a situation such as when a ball breaks in the breach and the eyes are covered in paint. So, it would seem that I would want iFault to be enabled.

In trigger trainer mode, how do I read the bar graph... is each light equal to ~5bps? So, first light = 1-5BPS, 2nd light = 6-10BPS, 3rd light = 11-15BPS, 4th light = 16-20BPS? What do the flashing lights in trigger trainer mode mean (when your not pulling the trigger)?

Finally, I noticed one oddity: If I turn the marker on, and it's in semi-mode, and I turn off the eyes (which are set in the default eye-setting 2), and pull the trigger, the first trigger pull is full-auto. When I release the trigger, subsequent trigger pulls are semi. Is this expected behavior?
1. Lowering the debounce will lead to a bouncier trigger, but lowering it too much can lead to rapid, uncontrolable fire (full auto on semi) which is bad. You can tell it's too low if you can hit the tank and the marker will fire.

2.Buffering makes it to help prevent misfires being registered due to kick or otherwise.

3. Basically leave the dwell alone unless you experiance problems. You really won't be able to extend battery life significantly, if any, the battery life is much better than most other boards, and there's not much you can do.

4. iFault (tm) is for when you the eyes don't pick up a ball in breach and when the the solenoid fires but it doesn't see the bolt move past the eyes. It is also for the broken paint situation, it will automatically turn the eyes off and cap the ROF accordingly to the situation.

5. I don't know much about trainer mode, it's been awhile since I've used the board

6. You have a break-out or "gangster" mode on. It is not legal in tourney's they are basically just for practice or fun.

Hope I could help. www.goapeonline.com is one of you best assets when they finally get the forums back up and working
ASMC

Orlando DOOM | HyperSports Park
MACDEV Clone GT
Gdude2008 is offline   Reply With Quote