Community Focus

Old 11-13-2007, 06:08 PM #64
DFAHerby
Xbox Live: Dr Herby

has been a member for 10 years
DFAHerby is an NCPA player
DFAHerby is an NCPA National Champion
DFAHerby plays in the APPA D5 division
True I like no mud... but I don't think our guys are down for taking on the extra travel expenses that would occur.

ISU Paintball Website
DFAHerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2007, 10:04 PM #65
couchcover32

we would have to see a proposed schedule before we can make an informed decision. i think the field is 10 hours away, so this would be like having to fund a second nationals.

Sudden Impact
Bud Light
Farmers Insurance
couchcover32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:11 PM #66
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Well, unfortunately, Midwest only played 3 games at the first event, which makes things harder. If you'd gotten 6 in like the GL guys did we would have more options.

The field is under 8 hours from Bloomington. Although not 'close', it's drivable. You'd need to pay gas and hotel.

BUT....

*IF* the Midwest teams made this trip. I think NCPA can help out on those expenses if we can bang out the rest of the season over 2 days at AAPP.

Drive out Friday, play Sat and Sun, drive back Sunday night. I think we could schedule it to get the midwest teams out by 3 PM.

We might also be able to get you out earlier if we do a 5-man at Stinger in the spring, it's a 2-day event, and Midwest goes up there and bangs out 3 matches Sunday afternoon after finals.

And you'd get to play at essentially the best place to play on the planet.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org

Last edited by raehl : 11-13-2007 at 11:14 PM.
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:21 PM #67
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
Ok, thinking about this more...

We have two groups of 3 teams.

If everybody plays everybody twice, that's 10 matches per team, or 30 matches total. We've played 9, which means we'd need to bang out 21 at AAPP, or 18 at AAPP and 3 at Stinger.

Or, you could play your local teams twice, and then the three of the other group once. That's 7 total matches - plus the three at Nationals. But that would mean we'd only have to do 12 matches at AAPP.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

Old 11-14-2007, 12:01 PM #68
cgpb2387
Galat - 100% in the B!tch

cgpb2387 is an NCPA National Champion
cgpb2387 plays in the APPA D5 division
This sucks...There has be a better way to go about combining these conferences. Driving 8+ hours to play Xball is not my idea of fun considering the drive to Dallas for us was about 11.5. Drew's right...this is going to be like a second nationals for us. With gas prices being ridiculous we're looking at an extra 200 bucks just to send 4 cars out there if each car uses 3 tanks of gas to get there and back, and thats being conservative. Plus 2 nights lodging for 15+ guys. Thats a lot of money.

Not to mention were going to be driving cross country during the WINTER which can be a ***** and a half with all the lake effect snow indiana and ohio gets. An 8 hour trip could turn into a 12 hour trip really fast. Also...its just a straight up stupid and dangerous idea for the midwest teams to drive home 8+ hours after a full day of paintball. Our team knows the effects of falling asleep at the wheel first hand. After the midwest north event at Apoc in 2006 one of our cars crashed after the driver fell asleep at the wheel. Luckily nobody was seriously hurt or anything.

Its not a risk I want to take and I'm sure Illinois and Purdue would agree with me.

There has to be a decent indoor field between Illinois and Pennsylvania that would be a doable drive from teams from both conferences, or at least come up with some incentive for us to drive all the way out there.

2008 Red Army. Perfection.
MW

Last edited by cgpb2387 : 11-14-2007 at 12:24 PM.
cgpb2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:10 PM #69
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
Well, if anyone knows of any indoor locations that can accomodate XBall between the two conferences....

Or there's another team from the Midwest we can get...

It's worth noting though that the other teams already made the trip up to GVSU for the first event...

Either way, Midwest is going to be a problem. We spent $2500 of the budget on the first event and you guys only played 3 matches. That's 3 matches that need to be put back into the schedule somewhere, which pretty much means another day or an indoor location.

- Chris

Last edited by raehl : 11-14-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:49 PM #70
UMDpaintball
TMNT4life

UMDpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
UMDpaintball is an NCPA player
UMDpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
Tennessee expressed interest in playing in GL.

Paintball Adventure Park
University of Maryland
UMDpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:58 PM #71
cgpb2387
Galat - 100% in the B!tch

cgpb2387 is an NCPA National Champion
cgpb2387 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Well, if anyone knows of any indoor locations that can accomodate XBall between the two conferences....

Or there's another team from the Midwest we can get...

It's worth noting though that the other teams already made the trip up to GVSU for the first event...

Either way, Midwest is going to be a problem. We spent $2500 of the budget on the first event and you guys only played 3 matches. That's 3 matches that need to be put back into the schedule somewhere, which pretty much means another day or an indoor location.

- Chris
Yeah I understand your point. ISU wanted to play all 6 matches at pb barn but the other teams didnt want to. The team consensus is that we don't want to drive out to the east coast to play midwest teams. We can do that here. I'm sure that we could play out the final 3 matches at sudden impact in the spring before nationals.

All I'm saying is if there are any options at all for indoor fields that might be equidistant between penn and illinois, or the addition of another midwest team, we should explore them and use AAPP as a last resort. I mean its not like the midwest conference is new to getting additions halfway through the season, afterall...its how ISU got in.

If AAPP is decided as the field were playing at then whatever...I might not be happy to make the trip, but I'll do it.

2008 Red Army. Perfection.
MW

Last edited by cgpb2387 : 11-14-2007 at 01:05 PM.
cgpb2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 PM #72
BryceatOU

BryceatOU is a Supporting Member
BryceatOU is an NCPA player
BryceatOU plays in the APPA D4 division
We could look at Seek and Destroy. I am not going to lie, it is nowhere near as nice as AAPP is but it is a full size indoor with an XBall field. I do not know how much closer it would be for everyone but it is in Dayton and I think it might be a little more centralized.
BryceatOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:16 PM #73
couchcover32

I would be interested to hear what U of I and Purdue's thoughts are.

Sudden Impact
Bud Light
Farmers Insurance
couchcover32 is offline   Reply With Quote