Let me start off by saying that although this is my first post, I have been lurking around the forums for a while... This mod and its guide is the first in a series of minor tweaks that I plan on putting my new mini through so keep your eyes pealed for the next ones. (The next one will be countersinking the rear trigger frame screw.)
1. A clamping knob with female insert size 8-32. ($ 1.41 at lowes)
2. A three inch threaded rod size 8-32. ($ 0.56 at lowes)
3. A dremel with cutting wheel, or a hacksaw.
3. Loctite or super glue.
1. Cut the three inch threaded rod down to about an inch and a quarter.
2. Apply some loctite or super glue to one end of the threads.
3. Screw this side into the clamping knob and let dry.
4. Disassemble the stock feedneck, and replace the screw with the one you just made.
5. Enjoy your new tool free feedneck.
Like almost everyone else I would consider myself lazy and having to use an allen wrench to loosen and tighten the feedneck was just too much of Invert to ask of me. Personally, for only two dollars this mod ranks just bellow the magnet mod in usefulness and functionality v. cost.