PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-09-2007, 03:46 PM #1
juice_88
Icarus

has been a member for 10 years
OSST needs something new

After watching the decline of OSST for a little while now, it seems that the general dolts from ST are simply coming into OSST, turning it into just another small talk forum. I think something needs to be done. Some attempt should be made to keep OSST the way it used to be: a forum that can discuss off topic things, in a mature manner. Things like "the story thread" and such are not exactly mature topics. I just don't want to see OSST go away because these kids just gaining access to it decide it's just another small talk. I think that there should be a way to keep immature posters out of OSST, without banning them or bumping their join date back (which frankly I haven't seen done). Perhaps just deny them access to the forum some how. Just an idea.

Darker Qorners
juice_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2007, 03:55 PM #2
|-XCI-| (Banned)

I would tend to agree, and even though it is called Old School Small Talk for a reason, I personally don't think that join date should have much to do with it. Maybe there should be an application to join OSST that must be approved by administration based on previous posting history?
|-XCI-| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:58 PM #3
juice_88
Icarus

I think that might get a bit overcomplicated. I think if they could program something like a list of names not allowed access to OSST, and add names to it as they see fit, it wouldn't be that much harder than monitoring any other subforums and handing out bans/infractions. All just ideas though.

Darker Qorners
juice_88 is offline   Reply With Quote