Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-07-2007, 05:58 PM #64
karney-shocker
QCK

no one has gotten banded this thread should not close untill someone gets banded for at least a day
TUF CREW
karney-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2007, 06:14 PM #65
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc! View Post
Maybe the regional sections should be sub-catagorized into a "general" and an "events" section. That way, those of us looking for an event don't have to scroll through 3 pages of team chit-chat type threads in order to find one.
I agree that we need a way for people to find events. I think the first step might be to break the regional sections down into smaller areas. People looking for events who travel long distances certainly won't mind spending a couple extra minutes going through a couple forums to find said events. People who only play locally should be able to find events closer to them by just checking out their state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmashley View Post
I like the idea of a sticked thread..A calender of sorts, maybe with all events in a region with each event title linking you to the proper thread in the proper forum. You could do this for each forum in a region. Might could work
It's a good idea but a lot of work. Events get moved, changed and canceled constantly. That would require the promoter to keep the mod in charge of the event sticky informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karney-shocker View Post
no one has gotten banded this thread should not close untill someone gets banded for at least a day
We can certainly arrange that. Please feel free to keep posting if you have something to add. If you don't, please go somewhere else.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:30 PM #66
HMShanna

please dont close this thread or ban me until I have a little time to repsond to some of this, as last I checked the thread was closed.
Be sure to check out local field forums to see ALL events that CFOA players may be interested in! Since, of course, it's against the rules to post events that CFOA players may be interested in participating here in the pbnation CFOA section?????

Including scenarios, speedball clinics taught by the pros, 3 man tourneys and MUCH more.

These fields are here FOR the players!!! Let's remember this.

myspace.com/shannastabi
HMShanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM #67
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
BIGN is Immortal
john reopened it...so say "thank you, John"
BIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:37 PM #68
Cole2k3

has been a member for 10 years
Cole2k3 is a Professional paintball player
I think the best thing to do would be to break the regional forum into events and teams.
That would be way better than making some kind of sticky that is just going to turn into a loophole for people to advertise to CFOA players for free.

There isn't any reason to ban anyone except for the morons who are posting the one line comments that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:43 PM #69
leed

leed is a Moderator
I would argue that you could make a little calender where field owners/league representatives and moderators/admin could add/edit/remove events from it for a slight fee. The fee would make it less likely for it to be spammed with random stuff people put up.

Except maybe do that later.. After other priorities are finished up.

Last edited by leed : 11-07-2007 at 06:53 PM.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:44 PM #70
John

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole2k3 View Post
I think the best thing to do would be to break the regional forum into events and teams.
That was first reaction too when I looked at it. Then I realized how large an area our regions covered. Most people in each section had never even seen each other because they were so spread out. I think the regional sections are large enough now that we can divide them up a little so people can look just in the areas they'd be willing to travel to play in.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:49 PM #71
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
BIGN is Immortal
sub-forums of states in each region and just like in st/osst you can't post the same threads in both...this would force the thread maker to decide "do I want my thread where ppl in just my state can see it or my region" at least this would cut down on ppl making multiply threads

just adding to my original idea
BIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:00 PM #72
bmizzle
#2 stunna

Quote:
That would be way better than making some kind of sticky that is just going to turn into a loophole for people to advertise to CFOA players for free.

There isn't any reason to ban anyone except for the morons who are posting the one line comments that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I agree with this idea. Having people search each area where they would be willing to travel to look for certain events is a lot less convenient, and it is in IMO backwards. Shouldn't people look up the different events listed, and then based upon what they find or how interested they are, do they make a judgment as to whether it's too far?

RIP shawn's old knee

Last edited by bmizzle : 11-07-2007 at 07:02 PM.
bmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:07 PM #73
HMShanna

John, nice name change, no big deal. Like I have said, I was trying to get people's attention to read this thread...obviously has some interest, and my jerky little thread and signature worked. Guilty, ban me for that if anything for throwing a few flames. I wouldn't be the first. so THANKS, for reopening the thread!!!

John said:
"I think your time would be better spent helping us with ideas on how to clean up the Regional Forums "

This sticky calendar or the spearate event/team thing COULD unclutter regional forums.

John said:
"I think we have a lot of work to do in those to make it so people can find relevant events that they'd want to attend without allowing fields, promoters, and people like the starter of this thread to spam us to death."

Easy now...Check my IP, check my emails, whatever you want...But I have NEVER spammed in that manner. Half the reason I don't enjoy frequenting the regional forums, SPAMMED, cluttered to death. Instead, I could submit to moderator an event, date, time, location. It could be put onto a stickied calendar without discrimination from event to field.

Tonybhall said:
"I didn't read every post, so I appologize if this ground has aready been covered. I hope what I have said helps clear up any misunderstandings here. "

That's apparent and respectful . But I will respond to some of your other relevant comments that havn't all ready been addressed.

responses from me in caps...
"HMSShanna,

From reading your posts it seems that you are under the impression that because CFOA players may be interested in your event, that it is relevent to this forum and therefor you should be able to post it here... Here is why you are incorrect.

1. The PbN rules are decided, enforced, and interpreted by the PbN staff. The staff has determined that what you are asking will not be allowed. We respect the fact that you disagree. But, since PbN is a privately owned business and there is no "right" to post here or use this site, we will just have to agee to disagree and you will have to follow the rules if you wish to continue to post here.
I MUST HAVE MISPLACED MY POST, IT SHOULD HAVE WENT TO THE SUGGESTION FORUM. THANKS FOR HAVING IT MOVED FOR ME AND LINKING IT TO THIS GROUP AS WELL.

2. reason number 1 aside, just because players that play the CFOA "may be interested" in your clinic or event, does not make it relevent to the CFOA forum. I currently have a lawn mower for sale. Most of the people that play in the CFOA probably have lawns that need mowing from time to time. Some of them "may be interested" in buying my mower. But that does not mean I should be allowed to post it here.
THIS IS NOT TO BENEFIT ME ALONE, IT'S FOR EVERYONE. DON'T MAKE OR TAKE ANY OF THIS PERSONAL. I AM NOT ATTACKING.

3. Now, I know what you are thinking.. what does my mower have to do with paintball? Nothing. Just like your clinic or event has nothing to do with the CFOA, which is the topic of this forum. But, just to humor you, I'll give you a paintball related example too. There are literally hundreds of fields, thousands of teams, and tens of thousands of players that live within the CFOAs operating area. It would be reasonable to assume that many of the players, teams and fields have things they'd like to announce, sell, advertise to people that play in the CFOA. And none of them have anything to do with the CFOA, which is why they don't belong in the CFOA forum.
ACCEPT, AS YOU SAID, "WITHIN CFOA'S OPERATING AREA?" AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR ARE YOU WRITING IN CIRCLES?

4. This rule, of posting only things related specifically to the topic of the forum, is not being applied unfairly just to you, or just by Evilpoptart in this forum. It's a rule in pretty much every forum. I am the moderator of another tournament forum and I wouldn't allow it there either.
A MOD THAT HASNT EVEN READ THIS ENTIRE TOPIC! I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS RELATED TO JUST ME. I MENTIONED AN EVENT I ATTENDED THAT OTHER'S MAY HAVE ENJOYES AT LEAST 3 HOURS FROM MY HOME FIELD.

And by the way. Not sure if this has been pointed out before, but Larry and the people that run the CFOA don't own this forum, nor do they have any part in deciding how we run it. "

IT'S BEEN MENTIONED A TIME OR TWO.

I like the way this has turned. I keep reading more and more responses that could fix some issues. That's the point...
Be sure to check out local field forums to see ALL events that CFOA players may be interested in! Since, of course, it's against the rules to post events that CFOA players may be interested in participating here in the pbnation CFOA section?????

Including scenarios, speedball clinics taught by the pros, 3 man tourneys and MUCH more.

myspace.com/shannastabi
Old 11-07-2007, 07:22 PM #74
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
tonybhall supports our troops
Hey Shanna,

Just so we are clear. I didn't take anything you said personally and I didn't think you were attacking anyone. And I certainly am not trying to attack you. I was just trying to bring a different perspective to the discussion and make a point.

You seem to think that because you believe that this event is of interest to CFOA players, that you should be allowed to post it in the CFOA forum. Here's the problem. As mods, we have to draw the line somewhere in these forums. Based on your reasoning, anything that anyone thinks is of interest to CFOA players should be allowed in the CFOA forum. And while at face value that seems simple, It opens the door to WAY to much interpretation and would mean we would have to allow almost anything.... like me selling my lawn mower.

And advertising/spam posts are not allowed by anyone, regardless of whether or not you gain from it. We really have no way to determine that if you are affiliated with the event, clinic, or whatever is being spammed.

***edited... sorry for all the spelling and grammer errors. I was trying to type this and get my daughter ready for bed at the same time. she's a hand full sometimes.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Last edited by tonybhall : 11-07-2007 at 08:08 PM.
tonybhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:30 PM #75
HMShanna

that's why my suggestions allowed for a type of master calendar. I am sure there are some html literates around here to help put that into a linkable master calendar from a sticky thread. And, someone could keep this EVENT calendar, not lawn mower sales calendar, up-to-date. No discrimination toward field, player, team, or PAINTBALL event. I mean, this could emiminate a TON of threadcuts, a TON of posts in regional forums. And, it would make this place a littel more user friendly....
and cut the CF Owners A a little slack...they give a LOT to Paintball!

the rules of this little idea can be as concrete as you want to make them just like the rules all ready established, right?

myspace.com/shannastabi
Old 11-07-2007, 07:33 PM #76
John

Annual Supporting Member
Wow, that's hard to read. Use these tags on each side of quoted text from other users: [quote] before and [/quote] after. Or better yet, use the button in the corner to multi-quote users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMShanna View Post
John, nice name change, no big deal.

I MUST HAVE MISPLACED MY POST, IT SHOULD HAVE WENT TO THE SUGGESTION FORUM.
I just moved it to the proper forum. Most of the disconnect we're having here is that PbNation is so big, things have to go in the proper forum or it can get chaotic very quickly. You want to post spam in the CFOA forum and you posted this there as well. Please don't do either. I PM'd you before doing it and offered you a chance to change the name if you wanted btw.

Quote:
This sticky calendar or the spearate event/team thing COULD unclutter regional forums.
Let's stick with the tools at our disposal. We have forums and stickies and can create more of both if needed. Again, we aren't going to add a sticky to the CFOA forum for events because info like that belongs in the regional forum. Creating new things like Calendars for a site as large as PbNation actually requires lots and lots of coding, time and money.

Quote:
Easy now...Check my IP, check my emails, whatever you want...But I have NEVER spammed in that manner. Half the reason I don't enjoy frequenting the regional forums, SPAMMED, cluttered to death. Instead, I could submit to moderator an event, date, time, location. It could be put onto a stickied calendar without discrimination from event to field.
I didn't say you did, merely that you are advocating what we consider spam: multiple posts for the same thing and posting in the wrong forum. If the regional forums are cluttered, maybe it is time to split them.

Quote:
I like the way this has turned. I keep reading more and more responses that could fix some issues.
Notice how easy it was to turn it by being polite and posting in the right forum?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:45 PM #77
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
Hey Jon and Shanna

Here's a thought...

What about a post, either in the FAQ or in the rules of the tournament forum that advises that non tournament related posts are not allowed in forum, but includes a link to the regional forum(s) that would apply to the tournament, and advises that these are the proper place to post and look for other events in the same region?

I think that would solve some of the issues here. It lets people know what they can't post in the tournament forum, it directs them to the correct place to post it. It also directs people to the proper place to look for events and discussion of stuff going on in the same region as the tournament.

Hope that makes sense? What do you think Shanna? Would that be helpful?

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:04 PM #78
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete

wc! is a Supporting Member
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by karney-shocker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
We can certainly arrange that. Please feel free to keep posting if you have something to add. If you don't, please go somewhere else.
lol.

I like where this is going. I remember years ago when I first started playing, I used to look online to try to find semi-close paintball events. I remember, when I found nothing relevant, thinking that there should be some kind of national registery of events that I could just browse. What I'm getting at is that if the regional forums were somehow cleaned up, and an area created to only show upcomming events by region, it could be very helpful & valuable.

And I like the idea of keeping it all in the regioanl area and think that the regions are just fine(size wise). After all, they're regions - they're supposed to be kinda large. Most of us don't live in the center of a round state so sometimes it's closer to go to another states events than our own.

I'm glad you guys in blue have an open mind and are willing to listen to suggestions.

Thanks!
wc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:16 PM #79
HMShanna

Agreed. Great ideas. And tony, ask everyone, not just John and I.

John, I am polite to those polite to me...

And John, really, double check your pm's because I DID not receive any pm from you today. Not that I minded the title of the thread being changed or it being moved and attached to the CFOA forum as well!

myspace.com/shannastabi
Old 11-07-2007, 08:49 PM #80
bmizzle
#2 stunna

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmizzle View Post
I agree with this idea. Having people search each area where they would be willing to travel to look for certain events is a lot less convenient, and it is in IMO backwards. Shouldn't people look up the different events listed, and then based upon what they find or how interested they are, do they make a judgment as to whether it's too far?
Does this not make sense?

RIP shawn's old knee
bmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:10 PM #81
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
The problem with breaking the Regional forums into teams and events is that teams and events change at the drop of a hat. Events and teams come and go. Plus, there is no order to that. If I am from Florida and looking at a list of threads in the southeast forum that are based on teams and events, it makes sense for me to look for events in Florida, Georgia, Alabama ect.. But if the threads are just based on teams and events, then I have to sift through thread for events and teams in Virginia, Kentucky, Missouri, and Louisiana to trying to find an what events are going on in Alabama? See the problem?

Teams and events come and go. States are pretty constant and easly to organize.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM #82
Seatbelts
Buckle up

Seatbelts supports Team VICIOUS
heres my thought on it

make it 2 separate sub forums

:southeast team discussions
:southeast Feild and store events and listings?

just a thought

You're nobody, till somebody, kills you. -Biggie.
I'm amazin', yeah, I'm all that If I ain't on my grind then what you call that? Victorious, yeah, we warriors We make history, strive off victory
Seatbelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 PM #83
John

Annual Supporting Member
We already have a store listing.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:03 PM #84
Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez plays in the APPA D5 division
I kind of take offense that some people don't think people are smart enough to look through different parts of pbn to look for something. If a person wants to do a tournament then they will look around and find something that suits them. anyone with 1 brain cell could do it.

but if people do have a problem with it and continue to complain about it, I have a suggestion. In the section Tournament Talk , y'all could make a section for random tournaments not affiliated the others.

just my 2 cents, and if no one understands what I just said, I apologize, im tired

edit: dont know how I missed it, but theres a general tournament thread. so I fail miserably.

Last edited by Jennifer Lopez : 11-08-2007 at 11:58 PM.
Jennifer Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote