Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-05-2007, 06:02 PM #1
tremonti_usa

Pittsburgh Field?!

Hey, guys. I'm wondering if there'd be a need for a tournament quality field in Pittsburgh. I'm talking 15-20 minutes out of the city..max.

If you'd be interested or have some suggestions on what you think the field should have..lemme know.

seoul grips
www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1857719

Cheap Paintballs from orderpaintball
tremonti_usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2007, 06:18 PM #2
Huffman///
Show me your genitals

I think fallout has a feild. splatterzone maybe.
Huffman/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:31 PM #3
tremonti_usa

Well, in regard to my posting.. I'm mainly asking if you think there's enough of a market for it.

Do you think that people as a whole are looking for something more streamlined and nice in the burgh area? Possibly 3-5 air ball fields and a wooded/rec/scenario area as well? With a proshop.

seoul grips

Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 PM #4
shadowlord06
The Hobbit

shadowlord06 supports Team VICIOUS
shadowlord06 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
shadowlord06 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
shadowlord06 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
shadowlord06 supports Empire
No I am pretty Sure AAPP has that market locked down
Old 11-05-2007, 06:43 PM #5
tremonti_usa

AAPP is like an hour away from pittsburgh...

Their prices are pretty good, though.

seoul grips

Last edited by tremonti_usa : 11-05-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:48 PM #6
stealthkilla126

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremonti_usa View Post
AAPP is like an hour away from pittsburgh...

Their prices are pretty good, though.

acctuly if u take the exit from irwin its only like 30 mins... AAPP is a agg place though....
stealthkilla126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:52 PM #7
tremonti_usa

Alright so, what about the north hills. Obviously Pitt Campus would be closer to AAPP, since it's in Oakland. I say that because I think the key to keeping the doors open would be to involve the colleges around the 'burgh. Get a few college teams to play against each other and stuff like that.

I was just wondering if there would be a possible market 10-15 minutes North of the city.

I'm just sort of surveying right now. I know plenty of parks that fell on their faces within the first year.

seoul grips

Old 11-05-2007, 07:51 PM #8
pbgames

Pittsburgh is saturated with fields. I do not believe you would be able to compete (draw customers away from) the fields that are already established in the tournament scene.

Within one hour you have

All American
pbworld
pb extreme
operation paintball
Three Rivers
Urban Assault
Pittsburgh Airport Paintball Park
Crazy Daves
Encounter

Sorry if I left anyone out.
pbgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 PM #9
autococker06
zamboni eh

if you make a feild in the north hills i swear to god that i will spend all my money there, and i will worship you
Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 PM #10
Huffman///
Show me your genitals

ops sorry I miss read your post sorry bro. It would all depend on the size, price to play there, and location to certain people. Like if you were in say, cranberry and your prices were cheaper than trp. I would come to you. just look around, if you can offer a service for a decent price. then hell ya I'd go there.
Huffman/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:42 PM #11
Paintball8190
Bupp

Honestly, if you made a field in the North Hills you would be in a huge market, there is no really good speedball fields that arent a half an hour or more away, and i will love you forever as well
Paintball8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 PM #12
Deceptionfront26
Looking for a team..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman/// View Post
ops sorry I miss read your post sorry bro. It would all depend on the size, price to play there, and location to certain people. Like if you were in say, cranberry and your prices were cheaper than trp. I would come to you. just look around, if you can offer a service for a decent price. then hell ya I'd go there.
its not that hard to beat trp's prices

*NKnation* Support!

I play for you?
Deceptionfront26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:28 PM #13
Paintball8190
Bupp

as far as im concerned TRP is only for scenarios/woodsball, not many people play speedball there, but if you do 20 entry and 40 a case u would attrack so many customers
Old 11-06-2007, 03:32 PM #14
tremonti_usa

I don't like TRP, myself.

I wanted to surpass them in scenario/woodsball AND create a good tournament field. With the possibility of an indoor field too. I think anything more than 50 bucks a case is highway robbery for paint. Especially when they don't have to pay retail to get it. I could probably get the paint for 20ish a case and sell it for 40-50 (depending on the price I pay).

I work in construction and I'm in contact with all kinds of various contractors some of them owe me favors and others I'm on good terms with.

At the end of the day it's all about dollars and cents.

So, if you're interested speak up. What do you want? I'm planning for the north hills area, but that isn't in stone. This whole idea may not even come to fruition (I'll refer you to the above comment for the answer to that). I'm planning on hitting up ever damn college in the burgh and try to get some collegiate teams at my field. If I have to sponsor them to get them there..so be it. If they're already sponsored and I have to beat out their current sponsors to get them..if I can afford it..so be it.

..and by speak up.. I mean more than, yeah, I'm interested. I mean..what do you want. How many fields do you think I need to be competitive? What kind of fields? What price in paint do you think is necessary and what brands do you prefer?

What kind of rentals would you like to see?, etc, etc etc.. Head to toe lets give this baby a physical. I'm very interested in making this happen and being one of the top fields in the state. What will it take for that to happen?

From the limited research I've done..and the fields I've been to. MOST are sub-par. The fields are thrown together cheaply and they charge 60 bucks a case for mediocre paint. That's ridiculous. That IS also why I rarely play at fields, because they're too expensive for what you get. I fill my tank at a field..and I buy some cheap paint off the internet. I go out and I play. That's what I do 3/4 of the time, because it's more cost effective. If the prices were more managable..the sport would explode IMO. I've never talked to a 15-25 year old guy that has straight up told me.."I don't wanna play paintball." I ask them and they say they would, but when the see the prices of the guns and things like that..most people are immediately turned off.

seoul grips

Last edited by tremonti_usa : 11-06-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:49 PM #15
tremonti_usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball8190 View Post
Honestly, if you made a field in the North Hills you would be in a huge market, there is no really good speedball fields that arent a half an hour or more away, and i will love you forever as well
In all honesty.. That was my first instinct. How many students are in the metro of pittsburgh..Plenty. If I could get a marginal percentage of those..it'd be worth it. It would only take a few hundred paintballers out of the entire city to make it worth while for everyone. I'm sure there are more than that here.

So, I'm going to continue looking around to see if I can find anything within 30 minutes of the city that would be considered REAL competition. I'm not trying to put these fields out of business, but I want to do something for the sport..and to be honest. I want a good field to play at. I've never had one I fully enjoyed and I'm trying to fix that for myself and hopefully a lot of other people.

I mean the sky is the limit, but I'm a mere 6 feet tall.

seoul grips

Old 11-06-2007, 05:05 PM #16
str8Ripa16
Certified SP Tech

i see where ure coming from but its gonna be hard beating out all the established fields in tha area...

MXcNS

Last edited by str8Ripa16 : 11-06-2007 at 05:10 PM.
str8Ripa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:07 PM #17
Paintball8190
Bupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8Ripa16 View Post
no reason to talk **** on trp...
calm down, were stating our opinions, i love trp for scenarios, i play each and everyone, but i dont for speedball, its an opinion, its part of life, get over it
Old 11-06-2007, 05:10 PM #18
str8Ripa16
Certified SP Tech

haha...i posted before i read...
my bad...

MXcNS
str8Ripa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:20 PM #19
tremonti_usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8Ripa16 View Post
i see where ure coming from but its gonna be hard beating out all the established fields in tha area...
Yeah, I know. If/when it happens it won't be overnight. I'm still trying to evaluate the overhead and things like that. I haven't even started looking to try to track down a piece of land suitable yet.

I'm sort of testing the water and seeing what people think. As of now I wouldn't count on anything happening, but it is a possibility down the road.

All the pieces have to line up and that can tend to be a difficult thing.

seoul grips

Old 11-06-2007, 05:28 PM #20
Deceptionfront26
Looking for a team..

-xball AND nppl field/fields?
- AAPP is the only place around here with nppl fields thats i know of? I know pittsburgh is pretty much just xball teams and all but there are a decent amount of people who like 7-man.

decent proshop
- Have a nice proshop with stuff people can accaully use...dont stock it with stuff people never or hardly ever need. like some places..

Have a variety or paint if possible
- Offer differnt brands of paint. just cause it shoots great out of one marker doesent mean it works in all.

nice and well maintained grass or turf
- Turf is super nice but its expensive compared to grass. If your gonig to plant grass, keep it nice.

Indoor/outdoor
- If at all possible have an indoor field as well? i dont like playing in the cold lol

i hope it all works out..it'd be nice to see a field in the north hills!

*NKnation* Support!

I play for you?
Deceptionfront26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:38 PM #21
tremonti_usa

Thanks man.. That's what I'm looking for..specifics. I really appreciate it.

I'm just trying to do something for the sport and have some fun with this, but I want to make sure I'm not going to lose my a** in the deal.

How many fields would be necessary do you think?

I mean..the air bunkers are easily moved and adjusted. So if the area was larger I could expand or contract the actual playing field depending.

I don't really have an interest in having more than one indoor field. Although it would be nice to have a couple, but really.. I just like playing outside. If it's cold..then yeah, I'll go inside any day and it'd be nice to have a local ALL SEASON alternative.

seoul grips