PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-01-2007, 05:15 PM #1
jbench775
FREE AGENT!!

special lube???

ok, so i thought i was gonna get a new gun where you needed to mix goldcup oil and sl33k. i did so with all of my dow33 stock and was wonderin if its ok to us e on my mini... thanks.
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2007, 06:23 PM #2
Whitefox2474
Obviously the best

Whitefox2474 plays in the PSP
Whitefox2474 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbench775 View Post
ok, so i thought i was gonna get a new gun where you needed to mix goldcup oil and sl33k. i did so with all of my dow33 stock and was wonderin if its ok to us e on my mini... thanks.
Just buy Lurker.

I wouldn't use your concoction, it could run onto the sensor board, the solenoid, etc. And with your luck with Mini's, I wouldn't really trust anything you came up with lol, no offense.
Whitefox2474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:51 PM #3
PureBlue22

lol, ya I wouldn't use anything that is "oil" in the mini. Just buy some lurker lube for 8 bucks.
PureBlue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:57 PM #4
jbench775
FREE AGENT!!

kk. where do i buy some? (keeping in mind i live in canada)
Old 11-01-2007, 07:35 PM #5
jackh70

How long has it taken everyone to get their lurker lube? I bought some almost 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten it yet!
jackh70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 PM #6
Whitefox2474
Obviously the best

Whitefox2474 plays in the PSP
Whitefox2474 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackh70 View Post
How long has it taken everyone to get their lurker lube? I bought some almost 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten it yet!
I got mine in a week, id contact em' lol.
Whitefox2474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:42 PM #7
jackh70

Yeah. I emailed them a few days ago and got the run around about it's in the mail and should be there soon. I'm calling them tomorrow.
jackh70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:13 PM #8
yettitheman
Wierd Science.. insane.

Quote:
kk. where do i buy some? (keeping in mind i live in canada)
Not to be... um... predjudice (against Canadian Paintballers), but a lot of Canadian Paintballers like Slick Honey... seems to work well up in the cold areas.
Veteran of the Bill Gardner smack down; 10/16/07-10/17/07, 11:05pm - 2:01am
Originally posted by Chickenmunga:
As far as the mini being hard to understand... WHAT???
1. open box
2. ding fries are done
I tried reading the quest manual and started looking for my seat on the short bus.
yettitheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:15 PM #9
vtec407

lurker rocks
vtec407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:35 PM #10
PureBlue22

hmm. Jack, I just ordered some on sunday. I haven't gotten it but I hope it comes soon. Let us know if it comes.
PureBlue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:11 PM #11
spaxis (Banned)

i mixed hater sauce and shocker lube, and its amazing.
spaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:57 AM #12
Nemesis-Tyrant
Lube Tester

Quote:
Depends on how much you thinned it out, in a 3:1 Ratio its what matrix players call Matrix Muck(and that would work just fine in your mini, it has the benefit of reduced friction compared to regular dow33) it works awesome in shockers matrixes and other markers.

But if ya thinned it out too much it wont last long enough to stay in place(but hell poeple are using hs on their minis and this lube is def too thin to stay in place).

If ya already mixed too much oil in it, buy a new lube(but i would test it first before you runnin out and buy something you wont need)

Before i had switched to slickoleum(imo, best lube ever for all guns and regs) i was using matrix muck either and it just worked fine.

Go for it!

Last edited by Nemesis-Tyrant : 11-02-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Nemesis-Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:30 PM #13
stygshore
Big Evil made me do it!

stygshore is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
stygshore is playing at Living Legends VII
stygshore supports Empire
Did you notice the slickoleum slowed your cycle rate down a bit in your gun?

I noticed it a lot in the summer, but now that its colder here in Michigan, it seems to outperform the dow and other lubes I have seen other Mini owners use.

I did find you have to put it on REAL thin, not like the dow33 you can kinda goop on everywhere.

I bought the 16oz tub of the stuff, I think it will outlast the gun!

Styg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis-Tyrant View Post
Depends on how much you thinned it out, in a 3:1 Ratio its what matrix players call Matrix Muck(and that would work just fine in your mini, it has the benefit of reduced friction compared to regular dow33) it works awesome in shockers matrixes and other markers.

But if ya thinned it out too much it wont last long enough to stay in place(but hell poeple are using hs on their minis and this lube is def too thin to stay in place).

If ya already mixed too much oil in it, buy a new lube(but i would test it first before you runnin out and buy something you wont need)

Before i had switched to slickoleum(imo, best lube ever for all guns and regs) i was using matrix muck either and it just worked fine.

Go for it!
stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:05 PM #14
Nemesis-Tyrant
Lube Tester

NO, i never had any problems like that! i really think that this were probably your loaders fault.

But you r right, you dont need to glob it on, just a little dab last a long time!
Since i use slickoleum i never had any problems with shootdown or fsdo no matter what weather and how hot or cold it was.

Many poeple think that some lube is bad but they just overlubed it (or they doesnt even know how to properly lube their marker)!

A buddy in my team has fsdo in his gun and he where using way too much dow33 on his gun, i cleaned off the lube and applied just a little, voila fsdo was gone!

Less is more!
Nemesis-Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote