Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2007, 04:49 PM #22
Mrok

Arrow nice picture demonstration

hi everyone, yes, galad's picture is a good example for what happened to me, mine is like the small one, it follows the spring's form, but it is a little bit deeper, but if you all say that is normal and will not affect the gun's performance. I can leave with that Scar. Thanks a lot.
Mrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2007, 05:53 PM #23
yettitheman
Wierd Science.. insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galad View Post
zomg, here look at my bolt (old pic)
ive asked same question here

shoots all the same from the beginning

and it has more scratches now
That... doesn't look normal. I've seen scratching, but not like that.
I'd clean the bore of the gun very well, look for anything sticking out or something that feels rough with your finger. Clean the spring very well, look at it. Then, try to file off the high spots on the bolt very carefully (try not to get into the o-ring area) and lube that part of the bolt generously (not too much though) and also the rubber face of the bolt.

It is true that all bolts scratch, just some more than others. But that just looks, weird.

ALSO: make sure you are putting your spring in the correct way. There is a right and a wrong way to put the spring in... and that can cause more scratching.
Veteran of the Bill Gardner smack down; 10/16/07-10/17/07, 11:05pm - 2:01am
Originally posted by Chickenmunga:
As far as the mini being hard to understand... WHAT???
1. open box
2. ding fries are done
I tried reading the quest manual and started looking for my seat on the short bus.
yettitheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:45 PM #24
Mrok

Exclamation I did everything

Hi, my scratch is not as big as that one, mine is like the small one at the upperright side.

I lube my gun after everygame, my spring is in the right place and nothing is inside the chamber, it is as clean as possible.

That is why I asked here in the forum.
Mrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:42 PM #25
tpearson

tpearson owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tpearson plays in the APPA beginner division
tpearson has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hey guys to fix the scraching problem take a small file and file both end of the springs where invert cuts them apart at for some reason when they cut them it leaves a sharp edge on both end i just filed mine down where they feel smooth to the touch and it totally fixed the problem. Also take your finger and rub it along the inside of the spring spinning the spring in circles to make shure there are no sharp pieces of metal on the inside of your spring too. If so just file it down to where it feels smooth to the touch.
tpearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:13 PM #26
mrbubbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yettitheman View Post
That... doesn't look normal. I've seen scratching, but not like that.
I'd clean the bore of the gun very well, look for anything sticking out or something that feels rough with your finger. Clean the spring very well, look at it. Then, try to file off the high spots on the bolt very carefully (try not to get into the o-ring area) and lube that part of the bolt generously (not too much though) and also the rubber face of the bolt.

It is true that all bolts scratch, just some more than others. But that just looks, weird.

ALSO: make sure you are putting your spring in the correct way. There is a right and a wrong way to put the spring in... and that can cause more scratching.
mine looks just like his and my gun shoots ropes, and is +/- 2 fps. i also know how to put the spring in the right way... its just plain and simple normal wear and tear. until i see that it effects performance why worry about it.

black~blue fade 07 quest.
mrbubbler is offline   Reply With Quote