Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-01-2007, 10:17 AM #1
SupaSupraBOB
CCSU Paintball

SupaSupraBOB is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Powerlyte shipping/receiving woes

Sorry, i didnt know anywhere else to post this, except maybe in the barrel section, but i am not havign problems with the product. I ordered a Scepter kit plus an extra back from the powerlyte page on Oct. 7th. I was hoping to receive it on the following friday, monday at the latest. THe package never showed. I called Powerlyte monday the 15th? and i was told that the cocker threaded backs were out of stock and were beign machined. I called again that friday and was told they were still at anno, but the kit would beshipped to me asap. It is now 23 days after placing my order and having my card charged for the order, and i have yet to recieve my barrel kit. I have called Powerltye i think four times since last tuesday, and emailed them once, i have not received a respinse once. Is powerlyte having business troubles? or did i get scammed by what i was told was a legitimate company? If anyone knows of anyway to contact powerlyte besides the phone number and email listed on their site, please help me.
05 Nexus G4H Ego
2k2 YAKUZA halfblock
Gen X Cocker
SupaSupraBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2007, 10:46 AM #2
philodox
.. BOLO ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaSupraBOB View Post
Sorry, i didnt know anywhere else to post this, except maybe in the barrel section, but i am not havign problems with the product. I ordered a Scepter kit plus an extra back from the powerlyte page on Oct. 7th. I was hoping to receive it on the following friday, monday at the latest. THe package never showed. I called Powerlyte monday the 15th? and i was told that the cocker threaded backs were out of stock and were beign machined. I called again that friday and was told they were still at anno, but the kit would beshipped to me asap. It is now 23 days after placing my order and having my card charged for the order, and i have yet to recieve my barrel kit. I have called Powerltye i think four times since last tuesday, and emailed them once, i have not received a respinse once. Is powerlyte having business troubles? or did i get scammed by what i was told was a legitimate company? If anyone knows of anyway to contact powerlyte besides the phone number and email listed on their site, please help me.
This belongs in the barrel forum.

Be patient. I'm assuming they are assembling all the kits now that they are probably done with machining/anno. As general business practice they shouldn't have charged your order unless it has been shipped.

I received my kit 3 days after I placed the order. Many other people have received their kits no problem. I would be patient and try giving them a call again.

They've been in business for a long time, so I would chalk this one up to inventory issues.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:51 AM #3
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Bumped to Powerlyte forum.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:22 PM #4
Crispy03

Put my order in for a cocker threaded kit on Sunday. I've been trying to call them the last couple days to see if it's shipped or when to expect it, but have yet to have them answer the phone and since mid-afternoon yesterday it's only gone straight to their voicemail.

Tried to send an email to the info@ listing they had on their website but it failed to go through.

Here's to hoping issues can be resolved quickly and we can receive our barrels soon.

Edit: Did a quick whois search for their domain and came up with paul@powerlyte.com as a possible additional contact there.

Last edited by Crispy03 : 11-01-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Adding info
Crispy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:14 AM #5
SupaSupraBOB
CCSU Paintball

yeah its weird, when i call them it goes straight to the machine, i highly doubt they are still assembling. ANd i have sent them emails, two infact, and i have been nothing but patient with them. I will try that address.
05 Nexus G4H Ego
2k2 YAKUZA halfblock
Gen X Cocker
Old 11-02-2007, 12:35 PM #6
wallify

I ordered my kit from them last Dec. It did take longer than expected, but they were with me 100% and by the time we got things straightened out 3 kits arrived at my door. They gave me their ups # and paid for the shipping back on the other kits and all in all were easy to work with.

I'd give it a few more days and be patient. I know it sucks, but if you bear with them I'm sure they will take care of you.

Good Luck
wallify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:10 PM #7
SupaSupraBOB
CCSU Paintball

I am happy to say that i received a call from powerlyte about 30mins. ago. I was told they had problems with their phone and internet, and that the cocker backs are still tied up at anno, and it will take about a week to ship them. SO they are sendign me a free jersey with my order for powerlyte
05 Nexus G4H Ego
2k2 YAKUZA halfblock
Gen X Cocker
Old 11-02-2007, 04:16 PM #8
Crispy03

Yeah, I called them about an hour ago. Got the same news about the one week time frame, and also got the same free jersey offer. Great to see the excellent customer service that many people rave about from Powerlyte.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:03 PM #9
richie_dee17
chefboi17 on tdotballers

wow, i'm glad i'm not the only one having this problem, i orderred a cocker kit like over a month ago and i was afraid the company i got it from was screwing around with me

my evil m build
richie_dee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:36 PM #10
Crispy03

Figured anyone else having issues would be interested....Just called Powerlyte and they said all the backorders were shipped out on Tuesday. So with 3 day shipping we're hopefully looking at receiving these on Friday and will have them for weekend balling.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:43 PM #11
SupaSupraBOB
CCSU Paintball

I got mine today, the quality is amazing, and the free jersey's not to shabby either.
05 Nexus G4H Ego
2k2 YAKUZA halfblock
Gen X Cocker
Old 11-08-2007, 03:38 PM #12
Crispy03

Just got home and found mine in the mail as well....absolutely beautiful!
Old 11-08-2007, 05:26 PM #13
richie_dee17
chefboi17 on tdotballers

still sucks for me though, i have a pump turney on saturday, and i live in canada so i doubt it will get to me by then. i hope the nailpolish i put in my UL will be enough to prevent rollouts

my evil m build
Old 11-08-2007, 08:05 PM #14
AmazingBilldo
I..... win?

i am still waiting on my cocker kit, but i never questioned it, as there were cranium shells in that order that were out of stock. i am not in a hurry to get them, because i know that i'll be happy with it. it is definately money well spent.
AmazingBilldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:37 PM #15
richie_dee17
chefboi17 on tdotballers

*sigh, got my kit in today, and it was missing a bore, time to contact powerlyte again

my evil m build
Old 11-14-2007, 10:29 PM #16
AmazingBilldo
I..... win?

same here. was it the .688 bore? all the kits that showed up at the local shop were missing .688, and i was told that was the most popular bore, hence the shortage. more interesting tho, i had to swap barrel tips to match my back anno, worked out better for the other kit too... Not all black dusts are created equal... but the gloss black was PERFECT
AmazingBilldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:51 AM #17
richie_dee17
chefboi17 on tdotballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingBilldo View Post
same here. was it the .688 bore? all the kits that showed up at the local shop were missing .688, and i was told that was the most popular bore, hence the shortage. more interesting tho, i had to swap barrel tips to match my back anno, worked out better for the other kit too... Not all black dusts are created equal... but the gloss black was PERFECT
yup, i was the .688 bore, damn, i was hoping after the long *** wait i wouldn't have any problems once i got it. the barrel itself is really nice and light though, and i'm impressed with the anno

my evil m build
Old 11-15-2007, 04:10 PM #18
xYodax
TopGun

xYodax plays in the PSP
xYodax helped look for balloons
I might be getting one of these soon, LMK what happens.

Just Enough Fela
xYodax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:38 PM #19
Angrysanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYodax View Post
I might be getting one of these soon, LMK what happens.
Just be prepared to wait and be left in the dark. I noticed that my credit card had been charged immediately. I sent several emails and tried calling just to get their voice mail every time. I never recieved a response back. After around 3 weeks the shipment finally came in. The kit seems to be of good quality but the lack of customer service was horrible. I personally would not do business with them again.
Angrysanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 PM #20
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Coenen has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
When I ordered my Scepter kit I had a lot of the same problems as you guys, I got caught in the switch over between the '05 and '06 kits which turned into nothing short of a nightmare. I sent a couple of strongly, but still respectfully, worded e-mails and got prompt and useful replies and service, throw in a phone call or two I and I was a happy camper. It took a while waiting for the machining and anno, but was worth it in the end.

The e-mail for Paul is the one to use, he runs the show out there and is a great guy. We went around about my kits for quite some time, and I even though it took a while he went out of his way to make sure I got taken care of. PL isn't a huge company, so it makes sense that they occasionally get swamped for some of their more highly demanded items.

Just be patient and keep your temper with your e-mails, you should end up being well taken care of in the end. The problem that I had was that direct reply type e-mails seemed to get screened by PL's spam blocking program, so make sure that you compose a new message when you are corresponding with them.
...and it's gone.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:32 PM #21
richie_dee17
chefboi17 on tdotballers

yeah, i e-mailed paul and he seemed really nice and helpful, and he is sending the missing back to me for free.
dealing with powerlyte was a lot better than the company i bought the kit from, they hardly took the effort to tell me the truth.

my evil m build