PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2007, 05:35 AM #1
claustrophobia
I do it for the lulz

Sage Button

Maybe trying out a sage button to help keep stupid threads down would be a good idea?

Basically if you are unfamiliar with sage, It's what the chan img boards use to make a post drops. I'm not sure how it would work exactly, like as to how many uses you get, but It gets annoying when a news thread about c8 gear gets images "bandwidth exceeded" in the first 3 posts and sits there with people saying "pics broke". Especially since sage would be much easier than reporting, and less trivial work for mods.
claustrophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 PM #2
Јon

It would be abused to hell.

On *chan sage is used to reply to a thread without bumping it. It doesn't actually lower the thread any.
This would allow anyone to post anything in any thread and it would actually make it harder for mods.

As for your definition, I can't say I agree with that either.
People would sage-bomb threads made by people they don't like and about topics they think are stupid.
Also, on *chan, when the thread passes the last page the temporary image hosting and all the text in it is erased. What do you propose PbN do with all the saged threads?

I think reporting is way more effective.
Јon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:32 PM #3
claustrophobia
I do it for the lulz

Reporting rarely does anything unless people are out of line. If it's just a general nuisance like having a thread all based on images with bandwidth exceeded placeholders in the top 20 threads then it seems reasonable to have it get dropped, but it often won't if it's just reported. Maybe unlike chans it could actually cancel someone's bump of the thread. I think it could be controlled by limiting people's sages per month, so like one sage. Instead of just being a straight cancel of a bump, it could be like a majority vote that only canceled a bump if "x" people said that the bump was unnecessary
claustrophobia is offline   Reply With Quote