PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-08-2007, 08:07 PM #1
yettitheman
Wierd Science.. insane.

ANS Valve?

Just picked up my first Automag, a 68 Micromag to be exact, and I seem to like it so far (although I don't have a place that sells air around here anymore, it BURNT down a few weeks back). I have no idea what is stock on this gun, but as far as I know, there is an ANS Phase II air valve on this model. Anything different about this valve than the X valve?

yettitheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2007, 02:18 AM #2
dyeforever
whoa nelly

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
dyeforever donated to help Peyton Trent
dyeforever helped look for balloons
difference between the stock and x is weight and recharge ability. btw that not a micromag.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:32 AM #3
Army
Automags.org Mod

Army is a Supporting Member
Army is a founding member
The ANS was an answer to a non-question. They tried to make a connection between the small air passages of the AGD valve, and their multi-hole design, calling theirs better. Not.

The AGD valve has always had more than adequate air flow, the ANS was an early attempt at hype (which all too unfortunately, has carried on throughout the industry). Pony up the dollars for an RT valve with a Level 10 anti-chop bolt, and never give it another care.

While you have a nice little gun, it is not an PTP MicroMag, which utilized an aluminum body/rail system, adapted to the AGD valve.

Automags Online <-----go ahead...click on it....you know you want to...

"Remember kids, wiping is for the bathroom only...."
Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:43 AM #4
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
The ANS valve was merely a modified aftermarket Classic valve which was bored out to help it recharge faster when using Co2 back in the glory days of Mags. There were many variants including, but not limited to, Diamond Labs, Smart Valve and others. Basically, at the time, it was believed that more/bigger holes would help the C02 recharge rate of the valve, charge faster on longer strings of shots that would normally choke the valve down. I, for one, stood by this mod, but with the introduction of HPA to the sport, the mod is now useless.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:48 AM #5
yettitheman
Wierd Science.. insane.

Hmm. What is it then exactly? Just a regular Automag? (I was thinking there was nothing small about this 3.5 lbs gun lol)

But hey, for $20, I love it. I've always wanted a Mag of sorts, and it's probably going to be my primary woods gun.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:10 PM #6
jason_finnie

$20, I hate you!! Seriously though, great find and the gun is set up quite nice. For the most part it is considered a standard Automag. I have a very similar set-up, only I went to the X-Valve with Level-10 and now my gun rocks.

So your one question was what is stock on this gun? Not a lot, but the upgrades that you do have do more for looks than all out performance;

Valve you already know about. (Performance upgrade, questionable to how much it actually helps, and not at all needed with HPA)

Barrel is an old school Smart Parts All American, worth $25-$40ish on Ebay, but I would certainly keep it. It is a very forgiving barrel for lots of different paint and is an excellent addition to a Mag. (Performance upgrade)

Trigger grip frame is stock, but the grips are old school Smart Parts woods grips. There are a nice find, kinda rare, and can be found fetching around $15-$25 on Ebay. Again, I'd keep them too. (Looks upgrade)

Body is a stock hopper left powerfeed body. (HL PF)

The green rail is not stock. I believe it is a Benchmark rail, but don't quote me. (You REALLY need to sell that piece to me!! It's garbage!!) Ok, it's a nice rail, but if you do want to sell, let me know, I'll throw in a fairly new stock black rail (direct swap drop in) and a little extra cash. (Looks upgrade)

Your gun as is will shoot ok with CO2, but will shoot much more consistent with HPA. If you get an X-Valve you must use HPA. I would recommend at least getting the Level-10 anti chop bolt, if not the whole X-Valve.

Last edited by jason_finnie : 10-09-2007 at 01:19 PM.
jason_finnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:32 PM #7
yettitheman
Wierd Science.. insane.

Hmm... I thought the barrel looked like an All American... weird. (Needs some o-rings though). I love the grips, they fit VERY well in your hands.

I think I'll leave this alone for now (get the X-Valve and Level-10 bolt later seeing as I might get a Mini) and if I get leaks, just get a simple rebuild kit.

I'm rethinking it about being a woodsball gun (I don't want to hurt it and make it look too gnarly.....) but, what's the fun if you cant shoot it?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:00 AM #8
yettitheman
Wierd Science.. insane.

Talk about revival, but wow! It's not an Autococker, but it has it's own feel and I love it as much as the AC.

But, man, I can understand why the Lv.10 bolt is a requirement. I made a mess out of that gun Saturday
Veteran of the Bill Gardner smack down; 10/16/07-10/17/07, 11:05pm - 2:01am
Originally posted by Chickenmunga:
As far as the mini being hard to understand... WHAT???
1. open box
2. ding fries are done
I tried reading the quest manual and started looking for my seat on the short bus.