Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 PM #1
KPL Paul

High School Event questions

High School events are starting to appear lately. Combined with JT's National HS Event, I think there will be only be many more events come down the line. This is to help those who are thinking about having HS Events.

Is the NCPA college format the way to go are should there be a different format?

Should there be divisions (A - AAAA) like other HS sports? With the smaller schools, do you go 3 man and then 5 man for the larger schools?

Should there be JV and Varsity divisions?

Entry, prizes, series, individual events - what do you suggest?

If you are a HS player, let everyone know what you think. All suggestions are welcome.
Sup'Air - The official bunker of the KPL www.supairball.com
REVELATIONPIX - KPL PHOTO SOURCE www.revelationpix.photoreflect.com
Old 08-29-2007, 03:16 PM #2
crazyboarder9999

crazyboarder9999 plays in the PSP
crazyboarder9999 supports Team VICIOUS
crazyboarder9999 plays in the APPA D5 division
i like the jv and varsity thing, but the problem i see with that you may not get as many player spliting it up. but if you were to do jv varisty, id do jv 3 man and varsity 5 man. As for entry and prizes they should be for each event and then have like championships with the top 4 or 5 teams with the highest scores. then you could have like a east vs west thing. but that may get very complicated

Contact me for more information
Old 10-09-2007, 11:10 AM #3
outlaw1

You're on the right track anyway, just getting schools to have pb as a reconized sport is the battle in some ways, because it involves shooting guns. We're trying to get a league started, any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jim S.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:51 PM #4
jerseyballer1314

are there any high school events in new jersey?
#7 jon richardson fan club
#1024 infamous fan
Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 PM #5
jmp5us (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
how would jv and varsity be determined? id have trouble finding 5 decent players from my school.. where can we find up comming HS events?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:20 PM #6
KPL Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp5us View Post
how would jv and varsity be determined? id have trouble finding 5 decent players from my school.. where can we find up comming HS events?
Again, I am just brainstorming for the best ways to do HS Events.

For the JV and Varsity thing. In other sports, JV can play Varsity, just not the other way around. JV could be 7th through 9th and Varsity 10th through 12th.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:59 AM #7
PBbestsport25

PBbestsport25 helped look for balloons
PBbestsport25 is for the Gunfight
In my school varsity sports were 9th thru 10 the and varisty was 11th and 12th and modified was 7th and 8th which makes no sense but yea.. they wouldn't allow me to do paintball in my school and now im in college... Guess what? they won't let me do it in college either for insurance reasons and "guns"... its not a gun! Its a marker!!
Old 10-20-2007, 06:09 PM #8
crazyboarder9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPL Paul View Post
Again, I am just brainstorming for the best ways to do HS Events.

For the JV and Varsity thing. In other sports, JV can play Varsity, just not the other way around. JV could be 7th through 9th and Varsity 10th through 12th.
i think that way would be best because it would be easier to find bodies, but personaly i would rather just have varsity and let anyone play

Old 10-22-2007, 08:26 AM #9
PBbestsport25

PBbestsport25 helped look for balloons
PBbestsport25 is for the Gunfight
sorry i meant junior varsity 9th n 10th lol
Old 11-06-2007, 05:56 PM #10
Sonik_PaintBaller
Hustlers

well i tryed today to get a paintball club/ team started nd i got like 300 sigs in one day nd the skool still wont do it cause they think its dangerous nd the fact that ur shootin guns. omg first of all they r markers second paintball is actually a very safe sport compared to other normal hs sports like footbal nd hockey. there r rarly any injuries in pro paintball the only injuries are eye injuries nd those r common sense....juss keep ur mask on!!. nd they happen to kids 11-12. well last time i checked hs students are not 11-12 yrs old. nd the only reason the kids that age get hurt is cause most fields allow kids 10+ to play. if hs would have a paintball saftey part of theclub and plus our skool rivals have a team nd we shud have one too juss to beat them at that too. principles are sooo close minded to new sports nd trends. idk y. if anyone can help me out let me kno. does anyone else have the same problem and have an answer let me kno cause more then half my skool likes paintball nd the skool still wont do it.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:18 PM #11
crazyboarder9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik_PaintBaller View Post
well i tryed today to get a paintball club/ team started nd i got like 300 sigs in one day nd the skool still wont do it cause they think its dangerous nd the fact that ur shootin guns. omg first of all they r markers second paintball is actually a very safe sport compared to other normal hs sports like footbal nd hockey. there r rarly any injuries in pro paintball the only injuries are eye injuries nd those r common sense....juss keep ur mask on!!. nd they happen to kids 11-12. well last time i checked hs students are not 11-12 yrs old. nd the only reason the kids that age get hurt is cause most fields allow kids 10+ to play. if hs would have a paintball saftey part of theclub and plus our skool rivals have a team nd we shud have one too juss to beat them at that too. principles are sooo close minded to new sports nd trends. idk y. if anyone can help me out let me kno. does anyone else have the same problem and have an answer let me kno cause more then half my skool likes paintball nd the skool still wont do it.
get statistics. i saw some where that golf is more dangerous than paintball. but if you can back up your statments with proven statistics they will probley be more willing to look into it.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:16 PM #12
KPL Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik_PaintBaller View Post

Statistics are a good idea. PB2X is a great source of stats for the sport. Also, try getting an adult involved. If not your parents, a local field owner or store owner. An adult armed with the proper information can go to the school board and get things done. PM me if you are in the central PA area and I would be glad to help.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:27 PM #13
hailstormnye
JJN Productions

hailstormnye is a Paintball photographer
HOw many schools in PA are getting a paintball program? I was thinking of pursueing a team in Shamokin with Pauntball thunder being in the area. Im out of high school, but want to get one running.

Flickr~Myspace
FACEBOOK FAN PAGE