Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-16-2007, 06:38 PM #1
Chad K

.68 classic Bps

Im thinking about getting a mag and i was wondering about how many bps a68 classic can be shot at (an average person). I dont mean the highest ROF or cycling rate.
Chad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 PM #2
dixieoutfitter94
fat baller

welll a stock valve the top is like 15 but thats with a boo-ya frame just a stock classic I can do like 4 maybe 5 but I keep a guy with an 07ego behind a tree
dixieoutfitter94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:50 PM #3
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
10 is about average, but if you mod it with a pnueframe, **edit - I was thinking X Valve** (Damn SP thread got me worked up, had a brain fart )

Last edited by [NA]WARLORD : 10-17-2007 at 03:06 AM.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 PM #4
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

You could also try and install a ULT into it. It works for most people. For some it's not compatible. I've also heard of people putting RT on/offs into their classic valves to get a little faster bps. I'd say that the average joe could probably pull around 9-10 on them stock though.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:17 AM #5
A.C. Basbas
Official VM-68 Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
10 is about average, but if you mod it with a pnueframe, speeds of 15 are achievable.
In a Classic Mag, without chops?

I sub'ed a Classic valve into my Xmag once when the X was down maintenence, and I had to set it at <10bps or it would chop, and that had an ACE board.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:27 AM #6
ikey

i would say around 4/5-10. 5 being slowish and 10 being almost super human for a stock frame. i would say real no BS averageperson estimate is like 5-6. i pulled about 7 with both a classic mag and a micromag. i found that because the mag has a hard, snappy trigger, fast bursts are a lot easier than sustaining fast rof because its hard to pull so pulling it constantly wears you out. what i mean is, i bet you can get 7 for a nice burst but for a string your rof wuold probably fluctuate. IMO thats how i feel. it seemed like i could rip of 3 shoots REALLY fast, but shooting like 30 shots striaght while keeping top rof was a struggle.

however, nomatter what magi shot or how i shot it, it was fast enough to outrun gravity fed. you wil need atleast a 12 volt to keep up with even a mech mag.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:19 AM #7
bubkat

That guy from team swarm in the automag classic video pulled 7 or 9 a sec i think on a stock single trigger mag frame. Learn to get good at fanning the trigger while snap shooting; thats how everyone even the pros used to shot mags. Back then there were no nancy mouse click triggers that you could walk.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:42 AM #8
A.C. Basbas
Official VM-68 Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey View Post
however, nomatter what magi shot or how i shot it, it was fast enough to outrun gravity fed. you wil need atleast a 12 volt to keep up with even a mech mag.
That's because it's a blowforward.

A blowback Tippmann or Spyder shakes around a little as it fires, and agitates the little jams that can build up in a gravity fed hopper. Mags have no kick whatsoever, and because of that they tend to outrun gravity hoppers at low BPS.

Your R/F problem was caused by shootdown, btw.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:04 AM #9
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
I was able to fire the classic mag around 9-10 bps with an intelliframe, about 7 bps on the single trigger frame. The only time I have "EVER" chopped a ball was when the foamy came off the lvl7 bolt I used or I was using crappy paint.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 AM #10
ikey

no it wasnt shootdown, im saying that because the trigger was stiff, i thought it was physically hard to keep a high rof....like my finger got tired. i could do it, but i felt it was much easier to shoot 3/4 balls at 7 bps than 10. get wat im saying? i could shoot long strings, but they probably wouldnt be a steady 7 bps.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:16 PM #11
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
KartaKeeper is a Moderator
7-9 bps

i would say without modding and some beefy fingers, double trigger and some practice 11 may be possible.

the valve is capable of over 16bps and shootdown may start after that
KartaKeeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:49 PM #12
the1antichrist
Paintball Sams ref Stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.C. Basbas View Post
That's because it's a blowforward.

. Mags have no kick whatsoever, and because of that they tend to outrun gravity hoppers at low BPS.

Your R/F problem was caused by shootdown, btw.
a mag does have kick. if you were bounce an rt at its highest rate of fire you will notice slight muzzle lift. watch the retro mag video that was posted recently. mine also has muzzle lift when i stand on the "sweet spot". but its easy to control. and cool as hell
paintball pagan club#7
~~Official Paintball Sams PBN Thread
My New MINI
Dont live your life with a cross in your hand playing follow the Leader.
Follow your own Path.
the1antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:10 PM #13
AutoMagSam
Automagasm

I would say anywhere between 5 and 12 bps, but that all depends on the person and the frame. It cycles fast true, but very rare is it that someone can even get past 9 bps on a single trigger 68. -Sam

Intelligent Paintball Forum: www.straightshot.org
My Blog: www.theburkepost.com
AutoMagSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:36 PM #14
dixieoutfitter94
fat baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMagSam View Post
I would say anywhere between 5 and 12 bps, but that all depends on the person and the frame. It cycles fast true, but very rare is it that someone can even get past 9 bps on a single trigger 68. -Sam
well alot of people dont know how to estimate bps very well (especialy ion owners) like me freind thought this guy with an 07 ego was shooting around 28 and he was doing like 21 maybe 22 and that is ungodly but people dont realise that.

(ill use right spelling and punctuation when im in school)

Last edited by dixieoutfitter94 : 10-21-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:53 PM #15
AutoMagSam
Automagasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieoutfitter94 View Post
well alot of people dont know how to estimate bps very well (especialy ion owners) like me freind thought this guy with an 07 ego was shooting around 28 and he was doing like 21 maybe 22 and that is ungodly but people dont realise that.

(ill use right spelling and punctuation when im in school)
Yeah it isn't that they don't estimate right, it is that they exagerate, I know people with ions used to say it could shoot like 20 some bps when it was capped at 15 (i believe 15 I choose not to be an ion expert). -Sam

Old 10-21-2007, 10:03 PM #16
dixieoutfitter94
fat baller

well before we get futher into this I want to say.... I had an ion it was virtued, it was very upped but I knew what it shot (like 19)
Old 10-21-2007, 10:20 PM #17
AutoMagSam
Automagasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieoutfitter94 View Post
well before we get futher into this I want to say.... I had an ion it was virtued, it was very upped but I knew what it shot (like 19)
Regardless an ion is capped and I looked it up, they are capped at 17 bps, that is with there stock boards, and this kid only has a stock board (should have said that earlier) so really it can't get higher than 17. And I'm glad you got rid of that satanic paintball gun....I mean oh well it's to bad you had to get rid of it (not really).

Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM #18
dixieoutfitter94
fat baller

I was confident with sp then when my ion was leaking a freind let me use his classic after that I was converted