PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-19-2007, 06:35 AM #1
EaI2L

has been a member for 10 years
Zeus G2 Valve Leak

ive been working on this leak for the past 3 years. sometimes it's barely a whisper (ill be able to shoot maybe 10 rounds), and sometimes the all the air in the CO2 cartridge can shoot out in a second (so zero rounds). one time, after replacing the cup seal, it actually worked for a good 4 hours before it gave out again - but i dont think the cup seal was the problem, because the old one looked fine and i replaced it a second time with no improvement (wasted 20 bucks on a silver star cup seal). ive replaced orings, springs, the puncture pin, disassembled/reassembled the thing over 20 times - i think ive tried everything. now i dont know what to do except give up. if anyone could help me fix this thing... you dont know how happy id be.
EaI2L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2007, 01:50 AM #2
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

Ever replace the orings on the valve with rubber orings? Then oil the orings before re-inserting them into the gun so they don't tear.

If it is a bad cup seal it leaks out the barrel almost instantly.

Do you have the valve tool to replace the valve?

I no longer own DMSPaintball.com. Call the store directly at 925-608-3319 for all your questions.
devilmountainsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:58 PM #3
EaI2L

thanks for the reply dms, before i posted, i did a search to troubleshoot, and i noticed that youve helped many people in the past few years.
in answer to your questions: yes i just replaced the orings on the valve (with 11/16x9/16x1/16 #54) and oiled them generously (because i noticed that one of them had a piece shaved off it). its seems to be leaking out of the co2 cartridge area, not the barrel. no, i dont have a valve tool, i dont even know what it is for - ive been able to totally disassembled the gun without it though.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:38 PM #4
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

I actually don't own a store anymore I sold it! I just helping people out with their issues.

It is one of two things the oring behind the puncture pin or the small sealant around the puncture pin.

I think the DMS has puncture pins if you need any or I can look in my tool boxes that I brought home from the shop. Try replacing the oring behind the puncture pin first.

I no longer own DMSPaintball.com. Call the store directly at 925-608-3319 for all your questions.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:11 PM #5
EaI2L

i was thinking the same thing, but the very last thing i did was to replace the old puncture pin with the spare that came with the gun. i noticed that the old one didnt have that yellowish sealant anymore. i did replace that tiny oring behind the puncture pin on the old one, but nothing happened. ill try it again, i think thats exactly where the problem is. whenever you get a chance to see if you have a new one id a appreciate it, no rush.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:37 PM #6
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

It is like clear silicone sealant on the inside are of the puncture pin. If you are missing this this is your problem.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:19 PM #7
EaI2L

here is a picture of the new pin on the left, and the old one on the right.

i noticed that the old one is missing that yellow stuff, but thats not the sealant youre talking about?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:44 AM #8
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

It looks as though the newer one may have a bad sealant in it. I am not too sure. I will still look for puncture pins but I know you can purchase them from buypbl.com the Warsensor distributor.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:20 PM #9
EaI2L

i searched the pbl website, but didnt find anything. so i just emailed them about it. ill let you know what happens. again, thanks for your help.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:13 PM #10
EaI2L

MY GUN WORKS NOW!!!!! and better than ever before, i shot close to 40 balls on one cartridge. its a trip, after giving up on it a couple weeks ago, i decided id try one last thing, so i took it apart again and teflon taped the puncture pin, and then prayed (okay so i did two things), and it worked! im soo happy. thanks erik at pbl and especially dms for your help.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:14 PM #11
EaI2L

Update: Problem Fixed!

MY GUN WORKS NOW!!!!! and better than ever before, i shot close to 40 balls on one cartridge. its a trip, after giving up on it a couple weeks ago, i decided id try one last thing, so i took it apart again and teflon taped the puncture pin, and then prayed (okay so i did two things), and it worked! im soo happy. thanks erik at pbl and especially dms for your help.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:51 PM #12
speedballflorida

send it to warsensor if you still have problems and talk to tech support
speedballflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:45 AM #13
ackermann12

try using teflon tape lol
ackermann12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:33 PM #14
Dan95-5.0

Dan95-5.0 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i put a co2 cartridge in my zeus G2 and i didnt get a lot of shots out before it was empty.

how did you teflon tape the puncture pin? can i get a pic?

thanks
Dan95-5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:05 AM #15
parkerk

A Paintball Radar chronograph (the red one shown above) was placed in front of the marker so that it would allow all balls to clear the top of the chronograph by about one inch. A second chronograph made by RADARchron (the yellow handheld version) was used to insure the accuracy of the other unit. The marker was chronoed before recording any data upon every barrel change. Our desired velocity was 280 FPS.