PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-17-2007, 08:46 PM #1
SearTripper
Digging on the Santose

Any pump players/events around Atlanta?

I have always wanted to try pump play, but I never have because no one seems to play it. Any of you guys play around ATL? Where?
SearTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:06 PM #2
SearTripper
Digging on the Santose

Hmm. This is why I never could bring myself to blow money on a pump.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:31 PM #3
Mreggroll
IMKING OR DIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearTripper View Post
haha just because no one plays pump doesnt mean u dont have to... nothings really stoppin u from playin... because no one plays pump in your area is a perfect excuse for u to pick up pump play!!

i live in so cal where pump play is abundant...but
i play a lot at sc village and on a lot of days i hardly ever see pumps at the hyperball and speedball fields...
but i tote along my pump no matter what
Mreggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:53 PM #4
henryxpark
"nfg dude"

be different, play pump

NEW FEEDBACK / OLD FEEDBACK
henryxpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:17 PM #5
-=S!ress=-

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearTripper View Post
Faulty logic. Using a pump gun doesn't require that your oposition uses one as well. Beyond that, just because a pump player in the Atlanta area didn't reply to a thread found on PBN's General section sub-Paintball Talk section sub-Pump Paintball Talk section doesn't mean that they don't exist.

There are actually quite a few, myself included. I know of two guys that are local to Classic Paintball on the West side of Atl and a handful of guys that frequented Arkenstone Paintball that, I presume, are waiting for Arkenstone to start back up. Last I knew of the Black Heart fellas at Paintball Atlanta there were two or thee players that at least owned pump guns. I talked to a guy while at an event in TN that played pump who was a regular at NITRO paintball. Personally, I'm perfectly between Atlanta and Chattanooga so I spend about equal time in both areas. Classic seems to be where I spend most of my time since I know a few people there, it's BYOP, and it's $10 to play all day with my own air; they also have enough people to keep games going all day long so that you don't have to wait on the semi-users to fill up.

PM your contact information and I'll give you a shout next time I'll be in the area!
-Seth
Old 10-21-2007, 01:59 PM #6
SearTripper
Digging on the Santose

My logic wasn't faulty! I didn't want pumpers to play against, I wanted pumpers to play with.

Thanks for the info, though! I actually like Classic a lot, though it's a bit of a drive for me. I usually play at Carnage in Woodstock. I don't have a pump yet, but i was planning on getting one even if no one ever replied to this thread.

Waiting for Arkenstone might be a bad idea. They have been closed over a year now and I hear they sold their land to developers.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:02 PM #7
-=S!ress=-

has been a member for 10 years
There's a lot of drama surrounding Arkenstone's folly. Just let it be known that the owner is still making an effort to have a field instated.

Don't forget to PM your contact information so we can hit the field together some time. I should be going to GA Tech within 2 years, so we might have the chance to do so often.