Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-11-2007, 04:46 AM #22
angelphatz

to noel and his team, thank you for understanding.....I hope we had more time to spend...maybe next time we can make it better for all.

TEAM INFINITY
UNITED PAINTBALLERS OF THE PHILIPPINES
angelphatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2007, 07:49 PM #23
chinaman671

PALS organization is growing into and will continue to grow into a political beast. That is the nature of an organization. The pro of this is that it will help bring paintball around corners in our region and bring legitimacy to paintball. The negative of it is what we have seen last weekend.

So you say you do have legitimacy of paintball in your country, then why do you or I need a "non-local governing body" telling us how rules are applied? We are all smart people. Why can't we self-governed? Why can't we promote ourselves?

To the PIMP organizers: Do your own thing, because you have proven that you can. Do your own and we will come. Leave the politics out and we will come. Leave out people who think they are better than us and we will come. Make Philippines the paintball hub of Asian Pacific. IT IS centrally located IN the pacific region. IT IS a beautiful country (I grew up there from 1976 to 1980).

And if you do ....... Guam will be there ...... Japan will be there .......Taiwan will be there ......
chinaman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:25 AM #24
GunghoPaul
TEAM XTIONEER-MALAYSIA

Chinaman,

From your posting...I do believe that you are mistaken as to how PALS work.It's structure is quite different from that of the PSP and the NPPL.There is a difference between "governed by" and "being part of".

If anything,there has been a sharing of knowledge and sponsorship generated in order to jump start paintball in upcoming countries or countries where paintball may have stagnated.

It is merely an organisation where we agree to work together to synchronize some basic rules so that we may actually have a regional league.

Structure would be a neccessary "evil" as we are not alone in this world.That is why we have governments...the only difference is whether we live in a democratic or dictatorship environment...

Thanks for the input as it also enlightened us as to how the PALS may be perceived from the outside.As mentioned..we shall strive to make the organisation better and more easily understandable...
GunghoPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:43 AM #25
happy2shoot

has been a member for 10 years
UNFAIR

UNPROFESSIONAL

UNTRAINED

UNBELIEVEABLE

PAL REFS JUST DONT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING and by the way REF you have to press the RED round button to turn on the chronograph ON! You know who you are!

Watch the video!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:48 AM #26
happy2shoot

has been a member for 10 years
Oh by the way where can we see the rules and regulation for PAL
Old 10-12-2007, 12:49 AM #27
chinaman671

Hello Paul

My name is Eddie Chien, perhaps you dont remember, but I was at your inaugural event in 2005 and appreciated much your hospitality and vision. My point in regards to governing bodies is that we are here to play a GAME. While it is well and good to have continuity in system and structure. We should not forget why we all started out playing paintball; that we are playing a game.

I have never doubted or under-appreciated the efforts you have taken. No, I can only wish that I have the determination you have shown in pushing for paintball in far corners of our region where it otherwise would not have even began let alone flourish.

I am no where near the man to presume to tell you how to run your organization. My comment to you is that I as player, and in turn, paying customer to your event, should not have been treated as an unwelcome guest. I do believe that some of your officials have become jaded with authority and have turn a blind eye even as they speak of equal application of rules and of treatment of players. (ask Mr Urich regarding my player Ruben and why another players was not suspended when they both acted the same way)

I do want to take this time to thank again Redza for his help with my registration and ID's, Mhay for picking us up, Leone for all her help and many other PIMP people, I am sorry if I forgotten your names.

Dinner on me, if anyone wishes to visit us.

Respectfully to all,

Eddie Chien
Team Fokai A&B
Old 10-12-2007, 03:19 AM #28
GunghoPaul
TEAM XTIONEER-MALAYSIA

Bro...while I am still trying to put a face to the name(Too many faces)...I definitely know the name and even your forum name.

Your views are respected and noted.If within my ability and if I last long enough doing this...the weaknesses shall be worked out.We are far from perfect but we will learn.

Unfortunately...we,all organisers,marshals and teams presently in the region, are the pioneers here... and someone will have to brave the new frontiers.Sometimes we pay a high price...like losing money and quality of life and unfortunately in this case..teams have had questionable decisions due to marshalling.

We hope to have your understanding.We will not pretend be the Millennium,the PSP or the NPPL...becoz we are just starting out and basically because the structure of PALS and partners is just different.Each partner actually have their own sovereignity...they are not owned by PALS.

We just agreed to work together under a name aptly called PALS.PALS will not survive without the understanding and friendship of all those involve at all levels...from committee right down to teams and even the volunteers.

Your support and understanding as a pioneer is much needed to put this matter to rest and to look forward to a better tomorrow.

All I can say is that we are sorry for the shortcomings on our part and that we will address them to the best of our abilities.

We still hope to see you guys very much in Malaysia...
GunghoPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:29 PM #29
Zargo

Sorry for this late response from our side (PIMP, Inc). So many sleepless nights, tensions, and stress caused by organizing this tournament, made us incapable of responding to your post as soon as possible.
By the way, I'm Ruel Davadilla, head of PIMP. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the teams who have participated in our first ever tournament that we had just organized. I would like to irriterate that PIMP was formed to promote the sport we called PAINTBALL here in the Philippines. You may not be aware of this, but Paintball started in the Philippines since 1989. And yet the sport has not grown compared to what the Malaysian has achieved in the last four years. Because of this, it's our desire to make every Filipino to be aware of this sport. That's why, even though it's a BIG, BIG GAMBLE on our part, we decided to be a part of PALS and hold the 3rd Leg of PALS Series here.
We are indebted to all the teams that has gone a long, long way, just to support us in our first try, as paintball tournament organizer. But unfortunately, things did not run smoothly just as we had plan. So many hitches along the way. To be honest about it, I almost gave up last Thursday night (Oct 4), and was already thinking of cancelling the tournament the next day. Why? Because our shipment from Malaysia, which arrived last Sept 26, is still being hold in North Harbor and can't be release because of so many red tapes. The shipment includes two set of BUNKERS, CHRONO MACHINE and PAINTS. And because of this setback, the marshalls that we recommended for tournament wasn't able to practice what the Euro Refs has taught them to do. Yeah, I admit, even checking the chrono of each marker that goes in the field is questionable.
But I assure everyone, that it's not our intention or even planned to cheat any team of a win. Our people may or may have not caused you a wrong judgement, that's why I'm asking all paintballers for our sincere apology to what transpired last weekend.
We would like to give you the best tournament that we can, but I guessed we are not perfect after all. All points have been noted, and rest assured that we will learn from our mistakes. I'm a player too, that's why I can also feel your grievances.
Again, thank you so much for the support you have given us and I just hope you can reconsider your decision of not participating in any PALS Tournament in the future.

Sincerely,

Ruel
Zargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:52 AM #30
chinaman671

Ruel:

First thank you for all the hospitality and effort shown to all of us. There are no complains there: except maybe for a late bus of two, hehe

But rest assure that all the complains and comments, although negative, are what will take to make things better. If we are all quiet and simply didnt return, then PALS official would not know what went wrong and would not know what to fix.

Of course teams will come, if things move in the right direction. An analogy is this: I am a cook and it is very important that I know if a guest is not satisfied. It usually is painful to hear a complaint, but it much easier to know that there is something I can do to fix it than to find out that a customer will never return.

For all of those of us that have spend time to post comments here, it is important that PALS places value on our time and effort. Otherwise, well, we all can guess what happens otherwise.

Thanks again PIMP and to the same degree PALS, till next time
ec
Old 10-14-2007, 08:54 PM #31
Zargo

Hi Eddie,

No. . . ., WE THANK ALL OF YOU! We've have seen our shortcomings and heard all your voices. And for sure, we will be back again next year for you and for everyone to play again together as opponents and as FRIENDS. We will try to correct were we went wrong and improve more on the areas were we went right.
As PALS partner, we will continue supporting their goals, and will continue to contribute were we can.
To all who have participated like, Team UAE Falcons, Team Datis, Team Reaper, Team Ku, Team Fokai A & B, Onslaught Fury & Rage, Team Toxic, Team Xtioneer Raskals, Team Raskal, Team X-xtioneer, Team Real Pinoy, Global Gutz, Team Gotcha Tagly, Team Energizer & Schick, Team Club 300, Team People Support, Team DOT, Team Splat Master, Team Boonie Dogs Blue, Black & Yellow, Team Run & Guns, Team Infinity & specially Team Demonz Reds, from all members of PIMP organization, we THANK YOU!!!
Hope to play with you again.

RUEL DAVADILLA
P.I.M.P. Inc.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:13 AM #32
DRiFTERiZE
>>858 SoCaL<<

Unhappy

HEY! What about us?!!? We played too!! You forgot about Hell'z Killerz.
DRiFTERiZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:43 AM #33
Zargo

Hi DRiFTERiZE,

Oooops! Ofcourse to your team. . . THANK YOU! Better late than never.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:38 AM #34
benjoy8

Hi all...I'm Ben, I played for Team Demonz Red (Malaysia). We played in the Div 2 and to my opinion, the tournament held was not too bad besides the air fill problem, thus dragging the games to very very late, shuttle problems. There were some bad calls but I guess tht's part and parcel of the game but of course certain bad calls could be avoided if the marshals were more alert. Overall, our team did not have much complains regarding the marshalling.

But I have a point tht we would like to highlight to the organizer of PIMP is tht the ground staff should control the crowd around the field as there was a game in the prelims where we played against a local Philippines team, I'm not sure which team but I think it was Hell'killerz if I'm not mistaken.

I dived into the snake in tht game (Draxxus Bayan field) and not long after tht a player tried to bunker me but thanks to my backman whom had taken the player out before he could bunker me. Why i wan to highlight it was because some of my friends/team-mates outside the field standing beside her saw and heard this particular girl wearing a PIMP tag actually gave instructions to the Filipino player tht i was at the snake...
Bob Long Victory & G6R, Critical 100G Barrel, Critical Magnetic Trigger, Virtue OLED Board.

Last edited by benjoy8 : 10-17-2007 at 02:01 AM.
benjoy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:06 AM #35
evilseeks
Photojournalist

evilseeks is a Paintball photographer
evilseeks helped look for balloons
evilseeks is playing at Living Legends III
NEW PHOTOS!! check out Team Real Pinoy Thread (Photos Include : Team Real Pinoy, Team Infinity, Team Manila Paintball Authority and Team Boonie Dogs Yellow)

for the direct link : http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post40795926
PINOYBALLASOCIETY O.G. member #6
Team REAL Pinoy| XPP | XSP | ElementsMMI| Young Photographers Philippines | Channel V | Franco
Agence France Presse | The Associated Press | Bunk3rd Paintball Magazine| StratoBOX Studios| Helios Project

WWW.FRANZLOPEZPHOTO.MULTIPLY.COM
email : franzlopezphoto@yahoo.com / franz@eccdcouncil.gov.ph
evilseeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:27 AM #36
Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRiFTERiZE View Post
HEY! What about us?!!? We played too!! You forgot about Hell'z Killerz.
Hehe!

Cool bro!

See you soon!
Dec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:36 AM #37
Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zargo View Post
Hi DRiFTERiZE,

Oooops! Ofcourse to your team. . . THANK YOU! Better late than never.

You're welcome!

There's nothing like seeing a team (Hell'z Killerz) of old skool fools having fun!

It is with great PRIDE and FUN playing with you guys - Menso, Mark, Ron and Perry. Truly, you guys have the heart!

We had fun! That is, I've always believed, what paintball is all about.

Pure unadulterated FUN!

To the PIMP organizers, staff and participants, congratulations!

Long live Paintball!

Mark, I got your Grill man! It's freakin' cool! You owe me some green backs....

Menso, I got your tank. I'll give it to you tomorrow!

Last edited by Dec : 10-20-2007 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:57 PM #38
DRiFTERiZE
>>858 SoCaL<<

Thanks for the grill bro! Is bur nice, burbur nice! Wowaa! hahaha
DRiFTERiZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:42 PM #39
Dec

No problem man!

....back to the topic....

hehehhe....