PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-06-2007, 11:09 PM #1
Terrorfakt
High Fiven' White Guy!

Angry New development, halos and vikings don't mix

Ok, so I went out today to bust out the vik and had some problems. While firing the gun would suddenly stop shooting (would pull trigger but nothing happened). The light on the back of the vik was flashing green slowly. Memory recalled that slow green flashes means eyes on but nothing detected in breach. Hmmm, hopper was on and ball in breach, so are my eyes not working? Upon closer inspection I found the problem. The ball had been pushed back towards the bolt past the detent just enough so the eye couldn't see it. Maybe I should be posting this in the hopper forum, but I figured I'd put it out as an fyi. I've heard about halo's pushing balls too hard so they went past the detents, and now I've seen it first hand. In case anyone is doubting this, everytime the vik would stop firing I could get it back to normal just by pushing the bolt forward a few milimeters, far enough to push the ball back between the detents. Solved the problem 75% by taking the detent cover off and putting something behind the rear detent to stiffen the spring. Mostly solved the problem, but the halo is still pushing balls behind the eye

Any ideas?
Terrorfakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2007, 11:11 PM #2
jdominique70
JMJ Sweetness

Annual Supporting Member
jdominique70 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Put a 010 o ring on the ram shaft. It will push the bolt a few millimeters forward and problem solved. Search for "Froth mod". I had to do it to a couple of my Vikings.

Old Feedback
jdominique70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:19 PM #3
Terrorfakt
High Fiven' White Guy!

Cool, sorry though still not very familiar with the viking... don't want to take it completely apart. Is there an easy way to do that, like where on the ramshaft should the oring go?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:26 PM #4
stitchblk

stitchblk owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Just place it on the ram shaft and you will be ok, just make sure to check it periodically because sometimes the o-ring will break.

Ripper VIS
CCM S6.5
{Old Feedback}
stitchblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:13 AM #5
jdominique70
JMJ Sweetness

Annual Supporting Member
jdominique70 is a Supporting Member
http://akaowners.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=113

Old Feedback
jdominique70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:30 AM #6
CorpusDiabolus
AKA forever

CorpusDiabolus is a Supporting Member
Reloader B2...you can adjust the stack tension. Problem solved.

MacDev Militia
CorpusDiabolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:47 AM #7
Warwitch
Corvus corax

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpusDiabolus View Post
Reloader B2...you can adjust the stack tension. Problem solved.

Thats what I did. Though there are better hoppers these days. Get a Pulse and sync it with your board (Bluetooth). Ask lspacio, I believe thats the setup he has.

Reality is for people with no imagination
Warwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:08 AM #8
d1ce

I had some issues with rollback just last week using some ultra evil. Ended up finding out that you can go about fixing this several ways. The Froth mod that was mentioned, quad detents, and customising the bolt. The latter two can be done by Destructive Customs.
d1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:02 AM #9
AbitNutz
UD Flyers Paintball

I don't believe this could happen in my Excal...which is good 'cause I'd never be able to figure out what was wrong.
"Dis could be beeg trooble for Moose and Squirrel..." Black, un-milled '04 Excalibur, assembled & tuned by DC. MQ2 valve, Tadao Yakuza Eblade board, E2 frame, Raguba Grum Trigger, 1st gen 2-liter, DC Volumizer, DC/STD LPR, A+ feed neck, ASA extension, AcidCustoms bolt pin, stainless screw kit, various barrels with "Wedgits".
AbitNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:46 PM #10
RvB Caboose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorfakt View Post
Ok, so I went out today to bust out the vik and had some problems. While firing the gun would suddenly stop shooting (would pull trigger but nothing happened). The light on the back of the vik was flashing green slowly. Memory recalled that slow green flashes means eyes on but nothing detected in breach. Hmmm, hopper was on and ball in breach, so are my eyes not working? Upon closer inspection I found the problem. The ball had been pushed back towards the bolt past the detent just enough so the eye couldn't see it. Maybe I should be posting this in the hopper forum, but I figured I'd put it out as an fyi. I've heard about halo's pushing balls too hard so they went past the detents, and now I've seen it first hand. In case anyone is doubting this, everytime the vik would stop firing I could get it back to normal just by pushing the bolt forward a few milimeters, far enough to push the ball back between the detents. Solved the problem 75% by taking the detent cover off and putting something behind the rear detent to stiffen the spring. Mostly solved the problem, but the halo is still pushing balls behind the eye

Any ideas?
The same thing happened to me for the first time today. I was about to post a thread about it. I have a B2 though, so I'll have to check out the stack tension setting.
RvB Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:04 AM #11
cguill

Used to happen all the time to my Viking. I got used to it where it didn't both me that much any more. You can just "tap" the bolt and it will reposition the ball enough to fire another shot.

Yes, it will interrupt streams of paint. Once you get used to it, the bolt tap becomes second nature and has minimal impact anywhere but laning off break.

Team The Help
LCP Scenario Games

Alea Publishing Group
cguill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:35 AM #12
Terrorfakt
High Fiven' White Guy!

Lol I don't think I could ever get used to that. It literally drove me off the field in frustration. Won't be a problem any longer though, gun is at DC right now getting rebuilt