PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-27-2007, 08:06 PM #1
Midgy
Go ahead, try me

Question Is It Possible?

I don't know how much it would take but whatever, i'm going to post it
Is it possible to make a fund and donate money to restart AKA?
I don't know how much it would take or is it even possible?
I juts dissapoints me that they got run out of business, i would of liked to see what they could do with new technology
Any ideas?
This probably has been posted many times, if it has i'll delete it =/
DYNASTY BROKEN UP?!?
"Originally posted by a2nadam: "Besides I'm sure that if HK told you breathing wasn't agg, 90% of the little kids would die.""
"Originally posted by JJags32MJD: Thanks *******!"
"Originally posted by Softie68: why is it on PBN everyone tries to lowball you...... You could be selling a SL8R for 100 bucks and theres always someone who tries to offer 99"
Connor Corish,#7 all day,RIP man
Midgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2007, 08:17 PM #2
TheGoldenState
Not a 2K7'er

yeah its been brought up before. AKA is still around though; theyve just shifted design to regulators and what not...they just dont make electronic guns anymore.

theyre arent out of money, they just lost a lawsuit so they arent allowed to continue that production. its not a matter of money.

| Destructive Customs | XSVOT | Team2G |
TheGoldenState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:52 PM #3
AbitNutz
UD Flyers Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
I'm afraid that just isn't possible without Aaron. He was the principle designer of all of the paintball products. As I mentioned before, the only way AKA could be resurected was if the paintball business was sold (Leads Metal Products is a machine shop) to some one like Jared of Destructive Customs. It would be unreal if Aaron, Dan and Jared teamed up, cut a new extorsion deal with Smart Parts and resumed design, production and support.

Again, it's just a dream...right now I'd settle for an STD LPR for my Excalibur.
"Dis could be beeg trooble for Moose and Squirrel..." Black, un-milled '04 Excalibur, assembled & tuned by DC. MQ2 valve, Tadao Yakuza Eblade board, E2 frame, Raguba Grum Trigger, 1st gen 2-liter, DC Volumizer, DC/STD LPR, A+ feed neck, ASA extension, AcidCustoms bolt pin, stainless screw kit, various barrels with "Wedgits".
AbitNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:58 PM #4
thatdoolinkid

Heck, an STD inline reg too. If the STDs are really better than the old AKAs then that would be sweet.

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
thatdoolinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 PM #5
sniper97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenState View Post
yeah its been brought up before. AKA is still around though; theyve just shifted design to regulators and what not...they just dont make electronic guns anymore.

theyre arent out of money, they just lost a lawsuit so they arent allowed to continue that production. its not a matter of money.
My understanding is that AKA signed a no compete clause instead of taking SmartParts to court. The lawsuit was over the electronic trigger. SmartParts also sued WGP and lost in court. Too bad AKA could not have held out until WGP won.

What if AKA had a trigger frame that had a spring and the marker was fired when the trigger would break a lazer beam that shot across the trigger frame. The spring would be to bounce the trigger forward after it was fired. Basically eyes in a trigger frame. Would this work?
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:53 PM #6
thatdoolinkid

I guess it might work, but the fact remains that #1, AKA is tired of lawsuits. They've been sued all over the place, even for their Merlin body. #2 They've lost Aaron K. Alexander. He basically is the brain behind every one of their products.

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
thatdoolinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:22 PM #7
intimidator_88

intimidator_88 is a founding member
Lol even if sp droped the law suit. So aka wouldnt have to pay royaletees. Aka wouldnt be inerested.

They have been out of the game to long. Might as well forget it. Unless somone would buy aka out and use there name and start making new markers and pay sp royaltee
intimidator_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:20 PM #8
PaintballerFourLife
PB4LIndustries

Annual Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife is a Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife plays in the USPL
PaintballerFourLife plays in the PSP
PaintballerFourLife is an NCPA player
PaintballerFourLife plays in the APPA D3 division
PaintballerFourLife is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
PaintballerFourLife is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
My understanding is that AKA signed a no compete clause instead of taking SmartParts to court. The lawsuit was over the electronic trigger. SmartParts also sued WGP and lost in court. Too bad AKA could not have held out until WGP won.

What if AKA had a trigger frame that had a spring and the marker was fired when the trigger would break a lazer beam that shot across the trigger frame. The spring would be to bounce the trigger forward after it was fired. Basically eyes in a trigger frame. Would this work?
Its called an opti switch, its used in guns like egos and has been around for 3-4ish years.
PaintballerFourLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:22 PM #9
sniper97

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballerFourLife View Post
Its called an opti switch, its used in guns like egos and has been around for 3-4ish years.
A day late and a dollar short...maybe 3-4ish years late. I did just think of it!
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:09 AM #10
phat4life07
Purdue Engineering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator_88 View Post
Lol even if sp droped the law suit. So aka wouldnt have to pay royaletees. Aka wouldnt be inerested.
The paintball market is way too small and not worth the time and engineering effort for what they are doing. They have plenty of business alright, Leads Metal Products (LMP) is making a good money from prototype projects they are doing right now.

Last edited by phat4life07 : 09-28-2007 at 12:12 AM.
phat4life07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:38 AM #11
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
The delay wouldn't have helped. The fight between SP and WGP was over ownership of a portion of the electro patent. WGP didn't question the validity of the patent, they just claimed a partial ownership and won. WGP had every reason to avoid challenging the validity of the disputed patent.

custar
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:49 AM #12
DeathOfAllThings

DeathOfAllThings is a Supporting Member
I'm sure if they wanted to get back into it they could just make guns under a different name, just have to pay a little in royalties like everyone else... or do whatever it is they do to get away with it. A lot of the guys from AKA are STD now aren't they? STD should start making guns.
My Evil M Another Angle (Work In Progress)

My Midblocked MQ'd Pump
DeathOfAllThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:42 AM #13
Wenuliveudie
100% Organic

Wenuliveudie plays in the PSP
Wenuliveudie donated to help Peyton Trent
Wenuliveudie helped look for balloons
Wenuliveudie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
The delay wouldn't have helped. The fight between SP and WGP was over ownership of a portion of the electro patent. WGP didn't question the validity of the patent, they just claimed a partial ownership and won. WGP had every reason to avoid challenging the validity of the disputed patent.

custar
Uhh, it was WDP, not WGP. Two entirely different entities there.

Old Feedback +16
Don't lose touch.
Wenuliveudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 AM #14
custar

You are correct. It was the Angel folks, not Bud Orr's crew, that wound up with part of the electro patent. My lisdexia is acting up.

custar
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:02 PM #15
AbitNutz
UD Flyers Paintball

Dyslexics or the world!!! UNTIE!!!
"Dis could be beeg trooble for Moose and Squirrel..." Black, un-milled '04 Excalibur, assembled & tuned by DC. MQ2 valve, Tadao Yakuza Eblade board, E2 frame, Raguba Grum Trigger, 1st gen 2-liter, DC Volumizer, DC/STD LPR, A+ feed neck, ASA extension, AcidCustoms bolt pin, stainless screw kit, various barrels with "Wedgits".
AbitNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:41 PM #16
scoprius

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
You are correct. It was the Angel folks, not Bud Orr's crew, that wound up with part of the electro patent. My lisdexia is acting up.

custar
"e.. uh e is for pants"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
Dyslexics or the world!!! UNTIE!!!
procrastinators of world UNITE....tomorrow
Classics Sale Thread
"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it" - H.L. Mencken
Vintage Trix owner
scoprius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:10 PM #17
PaintballerFourLife
PB4LIndustries

Annual Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife is a Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife plays in the USPL
PaintballerFourLife plays in the PSP
PaintballerFourLife is an NCPA player
PaintballerFourLife plays in the APPA D3 division
PaintballerFourLife is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation