Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 02:24 PM #211
mgsboy
icwutudidthar
 
mgsboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR55 View Post
sidseal was hardcore.
I got many more of his pics.....I joined the forum a couple months before his infamous thread. Boy, did we have fun making fun of him. I've seen ST come together against someone less than a handful of times, and that was one of them.
__________________
US Army
Soma is Gray

"Originally posted by nflvikings: Because gays are responsible for teenage pregnancy. DONT YOU SEE!?"
mgsboy is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2007, 06:37 PM #212
ipoppedtimmy
Tony
 
ipoppedtimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chapel Hill
 has been a member for 10 years
****, I've got you alllll beat.

I went to school with him, and got him hooked on PBNATION!

*****.

ps http://www.cooterfestival.com/
__________________
UNC
12/29

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
ipoppedtimmy is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 06:52 PM #213
FluffyMumkins
mluffyfumkins
 
FluffyMumkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Warrensburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoppedtimmy View Post
****, I've got you alllll beat.

I went to school with him, and got him hooked on PBNATION!

*****.

ps http://www.cooterfestival.com/
Damn hick conventions.
__________________
|Al Jazeera English|Foobar2000|SurplusRifle|AmmoEngine|RFC|Tag's Trance|DailyTech|NOAA|MetaCritic|
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.". - Benjamin Franklin
paintballbum - get out of here with your logic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
FluffyMumkins is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 08:17 PM #214
ips8
Fear is your only god
 
ips8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NJ
On the subject of school, i didnt think AP gov was going to be this easy, everyone in my class complains, but ive mannaged to get nothing lower then a 97 on any papers or tests, thank god for htis grade, as math will be hurting my gpa. Its an interesting class, as my teacher is as far right as they get, and we cant seem to agree on anything besides abortion.
__________________
"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate." Noam Chomsky
ips8 is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 10:29 PM #215
ipoppedtimmy
Tony
 
ipoppedtimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chapel Hill
 has been a member for 10 years
AP gov is easy, and a great class.
__________________
UNC
12/29

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
ipoppedtimmy is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 10:37 PM #216
TwoKaySix (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New School ST
I got invited here by a guy called zoink but he stopped posting he told me he got banned.
TwoKaySix is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 10:39 PM #217
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoppedtimmy View Post
AP gov is easy, and a great class.
Yeah that was easily my favorite class during Senior year.
Bunkered89 is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 PM #218
JcKa
post-Hipster
 
JcKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UVM/DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ips8 View Post
On the subject of school, i didnt think AP gov was going to be this easy, everyone in my class complains, but ive mannaged to get nothing lower then a 97 on any papers or tests, thank god for htis grade, as math will be hurting my gpa. Its an interesting class, as my teacher is as far right as they get, and we cant seem to agree on anything besides abortion.
I'm in Comparative Gov't and pretty much everything else you say applies to me as well.

Math will ultimately decide what happens for me.
JcKa is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 10:57 PM #219
jackassguy147
Destroyer of Threads
 
jackassguy147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bat Country
jackassguy147 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
So today I got my 6 week report card. the comments for my Current events and International affairs class said in the lines of "Outstanding student" and "Provides leadership for class", lmfao.
__________________
“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.” - Henry David Thoreu

jackassguy147 is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 12:31 AM #220
backplayer999
I lioke tortles
 
backplayer999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: santa barbara,CA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoppedtimmy View Post
AP gov is easy, and a great class.
im in it now. its neat
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

You'd rather cry
I'd rather fly
backplayer999 is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 12:40 AM #221
ipoppedtammy
Skeet Skeet Skeet Skeet
 
ipoppedtammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nor*Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ips8 View Post
On the subject of school, i didnt think AP gov was going to be this easy, everyone in my class complains, but ive mannaged to get nothing lower then a 97 on any papers or tests, thank god for htis grade, as math will be hurting my gpa. Its an interesting class, as my teacher is as far right as they get, and we cant seem to agree on anything besides abortion.
Thing is, it's really easy to get a 3 on the AP exam, pretty easy to get a 4, but hard as hell to get a 5. I had so much extra time writing my essays that I wrote out each one out entirely on the scrap paper and edited it and proofread before copying it to the final sheet. I got a 4 and it was the eaaaaaasiest test everrrrr.
__________________
UNC


We do what we must, and call it by the best names.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
ipoppedtammy is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 10:39 AM #222
ips8
Fear is your only god
 
ips8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NJ
Thats good, i got a 4 on last years AP us exam, and i didnt know anything about one of the essay topics. Im gonna shoot for a 5 on the AP gov test, considering i plan on majoring in poli sci, and minoring in either econ or history.
Math shouldnt mattter to me as i should be able to get at least a A in all my other classes.
__________________
"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate." Noam Chomsky
ips8 is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 01:17 PM #223
mgsboy
icwutudidthar
 
mgsboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norman, OK
AP Gov is incredibly easy. Due to my extensive knowledge in politics and history, I get asked to lecture my class constantly by the teacher. Seriously, I had no clue most kids were so clueless until I got in that class.

AP Gov holds elections with various candidates from all 6 periods at the end of the year, in which the whole school votes. I intend to win, assuming it isn't a huge popularity contest where the retarded cheerleader who can't debate wins in a landslide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ips8 View Post
Thats good, i got a 4 on last years AP us exam
You should have taken the AP Euro test......I raped the **** out of it.

Although if I might say, last years essay topics were so lame. I ended up writing about women's roles in society. The only good topic was the one over the British and French geopolitical war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoKaySix View Post
I got invited here by a guy called zoink but he stopped posting he told me he got banned.
Zoink is my e-nemesis.
__________________
US Army
Soma is Gray

"Originally posted by nflvikings: Because gays are responsible for teenage pregnancy. DONT YOU SEE!?"

Last edited by mgsboy : 09-28-2007 at 01:20 PM.
mgsboy is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 01:23 PM #224
JungleLarry (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsboy View Post
AP Gov is incredibly easy. Due to my extensive knowledge in politics and history, I get asked to lecture my class constantly by the teacher. Seriously, I had no clue most kids were so clueless until I got in that class.
I visit the local hospital on occasion just to see what's going on, but most of the time doctors will catch me and ask me to perform state-of-the-art surgeries because I'm so perfect at them. I really had no idea I was better than everyone else, but it's a good thing I'm there to help.

The main reason I'm telling you this is because I don't know what the word "modesty" means.
JungleLarry is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 01:28 PM #225
mgsboy
icwutudidthar
 
mgsboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
I visit the local hospital on occasion just to see what's going on, but most of the time doctors will catch me and ask me to perform state-of-the-art surgeries because I'm so perfect at them. I really had no idea I was better than everyone else, but it's a good thing I'm there to help.

The main reason I'm telling you this is because I don't know what the word "modesty" means.
Chill out, man. Trust me, if you sat in this class for a day you'd know what I meant.

Most didn't even know what habeas corpus was.
__________________
US Army
Soma is Gray

"Originally posted by nflvikings: Because gays are responsible for teenage pregnancy. DONT YOU SEE!?"
mgsboy is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 01:29 PM #226
JungleLarry (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsboy View Post
Chill out, man. Trust me, if you sat in this class for a day you'd know what I meant.
I know what you're saying, dude. It's like the surgeons at the hospital just run around, cock in hand, with their fingers up their butt. You wouldn't believe how much better I am.
JungleLarry is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 01:31 PM #227
mgsboy
icwutudidthar
 
mgsboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
I know what you're saying, dude. It's like the surgeons at the hospital just run around, cock in hand, with their fingers up their butt. You wouldn't believe how much better I am.
I'm not going to get into an argument with you if that's what you're shooting for. Please don't clog up the GDT with this.
__________________
US Army
Soma is Gray

"Originally posted by nflvikings: Because gays are responsible for teenage pregnancy. DONT YOU SEE!?"

Last edited by mgsboy : 09-28-2007 at 01:35 PM.
mgsboy is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 01:56 PM #228
ips8
Fear is your only god
 
ips8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NJ
Ill be taking the AP euro test this year also, as im taking the class this year.

Im having a hard ****ing time concentrating on school now though. My girl was having problem for a long time, which caused issues for us, now shes finaly ok, and just wow. I didnt think things could have gotten better then they were before, now i dont even doubt that me and her will work out.
__________________
"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate." Noam Chomsky
ips8 is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 02:16 PM #229
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Did anyone else enter college getting slightly lower grades than they were used to getting in high school? I seem to be experiencing this problem and it is frustrating me greatly.
Bunkered89 is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 02:23 PM #230
ips8
Fear is your only god
 
ips8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NJ
Alot of my friends who are in college experianced this, some began to fail. Its about adjusting to the workload and the whole college experiacne in general.

Dont let it fustrate you, in the long run, how much will a few bad grades actualy mean, they have nothing to do with the most important thing in your life, which is happiness, dont worry as much and your grades will probably go up, i dont worry at all, and it helps.
__________________
"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate." Noam Chomsky
ips8 is offline  
Old 09-28-2007, 02:58 PM #231
ipoppedtammy
Skeet Skeet Skeet Skeet
 
ipoppedtammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nor*Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post
Did anyone else enter college getting slightly lower grades than they were used to getting in high school? I seem to be experiencing this problem and it is frustrating me greatly.
Umm...yeah. Did they not talk to you about this when you went to college? They gave us a big speech at orientation about it my Freshman year. This happens to practically everyone--the people it doesn't happen to either go to crappy colleges or don't like to "have fun" with "people." I made straight A's throughout my entire high school career. That just doesn't happen in (good) colleges. Fact is, you are now in school with a lot of kids who are just as smart as you or smarter whereas most high schools don't get to pick who goes to their school.

Look up your school's average GPA. You'll probably be surprised. It should be 2-point-something--if it's higher than that, there's serious grade inflation. C is average, so most grades will be C's. I go to the University of North Carolina and our average GPA is 2.3 or something.


Just relax. Grades matter way less in college than they did in high school. It's hard to retrain your brain to realize this, but it's the truth.
__________________
UNC


We do what we must, and call it by the best names.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
ipoppedtammy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump