PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2007, 01:39 AM #1
Contour
---!R.I.P!---

Spring feeds

First off I'm not sure which section this thread belongs so mods feel free to move it.

I was wondering what are your opinions on spring feeds. Any reason why there aren't any?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:49 PM #2
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Because if the feed is horizontally opposed to the body, more than likely you're wanting to play SC, which a spring feed is illegal to use in SC play.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:09 PM #3
Contour
---!R.I.P!---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
Because if the feed is horizontally opposed to the body, more than likely you're wanting to play SC, which a spring feed is illegal to use in SC play.
I'd be willing to bet that most sc is used in rec and not sc tournaments. So it would be at the users digressions. However that isn't to say your wrong and they might want to play as if it were SC
Old 09-24-2007, 04:27 PM #4
PhileyOFish

PhileyOFish supports Bob Gurnsey
My opinion on spring feeds is that they are not needed. Just another thing I would have to deal with when reloading the feed. Not interested in that.

I've seen a few spring feeds around. They aren't popular but they exist.
PhileyOFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:52 PM #5
xkpxfatassxx (Banned)

There seems to be a general interest in them. Eliminates to rock and cock, and provides a clear view with no hopper. And allows a quick use of at when needed. It does take a second more to load, but you get the time back by not rocking and cocking.

Fyi I don't have a spring feed
xkpxfatassxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:55 PM #6
Contour
---!R.I.P!---

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkpxfatassxx View Post
There seems to be a general interest in them. Eliminates to rock and cock, and provides a clear view with no hopper. And allows a quick use of at when needed. It does take a second more to load, but you get the time back by not rocking and cocking.

Fyi I don't have a spring feed
Is it something that you would be interested in? I've got a basic design so far, working on a couple things and just wondering if it's a feasible product.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:24 PM #7
frosty64
Paintball People Eater

aside from loading the tube backward, i too dont see a need. I like rock-and-cock anyway tho.
Tippmann 98 - Backup

"Originally posted by MisterMister: Why not just shoot frozen reballs? When you hear the scream of pain you know they are out!"
frosty64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:29 PM #8
Contour
---!R.I.P!---

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty64 View Post
aside from loading the tube backward, i too dont see a need. I like rock-and-cock anyway tho.
I've got a way around flipping the tube if thats one of the features you disliked.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:20 AM #9
xkpxfatassxx (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contour View Post
Is it something that you would be interested in? I've got a basic design so far, working on a couple things and just wondering if it's a feasible product.
http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/St...howtopic=25243
xkpxfatassxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:18 AM #10
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

I made one myself. Its nice in the fact your not sucking feedtube, and I don't like rock-backs. Takes longer to load though.

It all comes down to figuring out what you like, and don't, and then weighing them out. Faster shooting, but slower reloads. Tighter setup, but requires a larger setup for the same amount of paint. So on, and so on.
XxAltecxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:15 PM #11
Mayvik

Personal choice, I've used both. If you are playing true stock with no spring and no autotrigger, you won't really miss it. If you're playing with autotrigger, or a limited paint semi (such as a pistol), you're probably going to notice it's not there.

Best bet is just make a smart springfeed; i.e. make the spring and follower easily removable so you can have them in if you want, or take them out if you want stock or an extra couple of balls. It's not hard to do, and it gives you a more flexible marker.
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote