PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-11-2007, 01:10 PM #1
snowpaint
Somewhere In The Between

has been a member for 10 years
Getting Short Stories published

I know this is not exactly the sub-forum where this should go but I can't really think of a better place where to put it and I might actually get some useful answers here.

Anyways I was thinking of writing some short stories and getting them published and maybe eventually writing a novel. I know that is not really that big of market for this type of thing but any links for magazines that are accepting short stories or anything similar would be much appreciated. Also any advice on writing in general or how to get published would be very helpful.
Thanks
snowpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2007, 11:10 PM #2
cpm666

has been a member for 10 years
ask a librarian.
cpm666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:41 PM #3
Citizen X
Very Varenyam

Citizen X is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpaint View Post
I know this is not exactly the sub-forum where this should go but I can't really think of a better place where to put it and I might actually get some useful answers here.

Anyways I was thinking of writing some short stories and getting them published and maybe eventually writing a novel. I know that is not really that big of market for this type of thing but any links for magazines that are accepting short stories or anything similar would be much appreciated. Also any advice on writing in general or how to get published would be very helpful.
Thanks
Stuff like this is pretty localized, so it depends where you live, and where you want it to get published to be honest. There might be some city/state(province)/national magazines you can find via google. And keep in mind the bigger you want your audience, the harder it will be to get published. Best way to avoid that is to have someone critique your work before hand, gives another perspective.

I'd do a google search for a short story magazine. I know one I can use would be something like This.
Citizen X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:19 PM #4
Dude5779597
Freelance Mod

search for print on demand
Dude5779597 is offline   Reply With Quote