Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2007, 11:57 AM #64
WarpedGreg
EXALT

WarpedGreg plays in the PSP
WarpedGreg is an NCPA player
WarpedGreg plays in the APPA D2 division
i don't know if i can agree with the call although it is up to the judges. if paintball wants to be seen as the true professional sport it is then we should play it as such. if a team is getting beat down in baseball for the world series they don't just say let's tie, they play regardless. because you were tired of politics doesn't make sense to me. but regardless, it isn't my choice but the judges.

as well congrats to all the teams that did well in kansas and good luck to those that didn't.
WarpedGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2007, 12:12 PM #65
Grimer

Grimer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thought took alot of love man, but i would have liked to see the one on ones
Old 09-24-2007, 12:18 PM #66
dragonoftheninja

has been a member for 10 years
Haha they just don't care any more its the death of 7 man...
Old 09-24-2007, 12:40 PM #67
DyeKidd777
B.French

put it in the History books...

"The NPPL Missouri Compromise of 2007"

(as opposed to the Missouri Compromise in the 1800's declaring Missouri a slave state and Maine a Free State )

Semi-Professional Paintball
Dye Precision Inc.
DQ Films
PBV
DyeKidd777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:49 PM #68
epik808
RED TURTLE MEDIA

epik808 posts videos on PbNation
epik808 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
i honestly think that its all bull****. a team has to be first and a team has to be second. but i guess why play the nppl the if its all about world cup. what a slap in the face to the nppl it wasnt an important event to win.
impact won on a technicality. impact gets 25000 and ironmen gets the 10000 but the split series points 24.5 points.
you just said

Quote:
I go to enter the field and I see a band of refs and the captain of Impact Josh Davey having a discussion. I was told it was because I didn’t sign the previous games score sheet. Little did I know they were conspiring on a penalty to be pulled on us there for giving Impact the win on an infraction against us? I was shocked and appalled! This game was nothing like the Joy Dynasty in OC, it was completely standard.
The stories were mixed up and we didn’t get to speak our peace before their decision was made. I lost it! This is not why we came to Kansas, this was not why we practice and put our blood sweat and tears into getting this far and it being taken away from us on a technicality.
we all saw you sign and fly the pen.
you just sign the win over to impact but they were cool to split series points whats 1.5 points anyway.
game 3 was for pride and please the crowd impact played down and out that game. ironmen played like they were on fire and had a point to prove

it takes heart to win tournaments and we ****ing have heart.
A.F

OLD FEEDBACK
+33 old feedback +35 new=68 100%positive
HAWAII PAINTBALL VIDEOS

Last edited by epik808 : 09-24-2007 at 12:59 PM.
epik808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 PM #69
Marko34256

Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDownChris View Post
who are you to ***** about there decision?
a fan that watched a weekend of paintball only to see this disappointing conclusion
Old 09-24-2007, 12:52 PM #70
dm7killer153

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD9940 View Post
Vicious isn't a Pro team
stop *****ing at Oliver, and get a life outside of searching all over PBN just to see who is upset over the decision
stop sucking ollies dick you *****
you didnt pay to watch and go every day to find out pro would be a tie
dm7killer153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:54 PM #71
Gatyr

Gatyr plays in the PSP
Gatyr supports Cereal Killerz 2
Gatyr is an NCPA player
Gatyr plays in the APPA D4 division
Ollie, your logic sucks, and you are pathetic for coming to this agreement with Impact.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:01 PM #72
Marko34256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meollielang
After this weekend we played so strong and proved it to everyone, I had felt we won the tournament yesterday knocking Dynasty out, which you all know is the best 7-man team out there now and in the past.
what a load of garbage. the only thing you proved to everyone is that you're too tired to finish a tournament.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:20 PM #73
Farside_Logan
Chicago Farside '07

Farside_Logan is a Professional paintball player
well i guess i'll be the lone dissenter in this forum...

throwing in the caveat that i have more respect for ollie and the other giants who's shoulders we all stand on than this particular interface could possibly allow me to show.

i think the decision to "share victory" was a very poor decision.

is there something i am missing? if you think that you can win, which every pro player should be thinking at all times, you roll the dice. to share in victory with another team, no matter how close you are to them, implies that you entertained thoughts of defeat. and when both teams agree...?

what the hell is happening?

-logan
Farside_Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:22 PM #74
Farside_Logan
Chicago Farside '07

Farside_Logan is a Professional paintball player
woa, didn't see those last posts... try to keep it civil and logical people.

-logan
Farside_Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:24 PM #75
PBisaSPORT

what a disgrace to paintball, way to let the fans down. PERSONALLY, i feel that no team took 1st. they were, "too tired" and settled for 2nd. ollie u are the most respected pb player of all time, ur to keep that rep by doing what u do. SHOOT PUNK *****ES, U DONT HOLD HANDS IN THE CENTER OF A ****IN FIELD N SHARE 1ST. PATHETIC, U SHOWED TO THE PB WORLD HOW EASY IT IS TO GIVE UP.

ps. change up the work out plan for cup, impliment some swimming maybe that could help u guys endure thru a finals game. HAHA
PBisaSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:27 PM #76
DaBXRoMeO
Powered by my deskjob...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeKidd777 View Post
put it in the History books...

"The NPPL Missouri Compromise of 2007"

(as opposed to the Missouri Compromise in the 1800's declaring Missouri a slave state and Maine a Free State )
haha...werd
Rockland Raiders '07 #1- AXBL Central Conference
Niagara Raiders '08 #1- AXBL Western Conference
BrOnX HATE '08 - MXL Conference #1 FAN!!!!
DaBXRoMeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:32 PM #77
anjordan77
All Paintball Supplies

anjordan77 plays in the USPL
anjordan77 donated to help Peyton Trent
anjordan77 helped look for balloons
anjordan77 is playing at Living Legends III
anjordan77 is Boss
so you turned down 25,000$ and the full points for winning the tourney because all of impact's lineup was too tired to play? interesting concept, i wouldn't have...
altering scores purposely is life banishment from the NPPL and from what you stated you were happy to put dynasty behind in the points race by reaching this agreement with impact.

Next time, sign the score card.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:34 PM #78
Keiser Sosei
Smash Bros.

Keiser Sosei is a Supporting Member
Keiser Sosei plays in the APPA D4 division
You know I heard a rumor that at last years super bowl Grossman went up to Manning and asked him to please let it be called a tie because after the first half they were really to tired to play anymore.

How can you guys call yourselves professional? How many fans hate to see overtime? Thats the most exciting part of the game.
Keiser Sosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 PM #79
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
As much as I admire Ollie and the Ironmen, this whole deal was very shady, to say the least. As customers, the Ironmen and Impact should have the right to choose if they don't want to play the deciding matches, but there's is a section of the rule book that predicts this kind of situation and calls that type of thing "forfeiture". It was absolutely disrespectful to the people that payed to get inside the arena or for the webcast, not to mention it was a slap in the face of the 3rd and 4th place finishers. And even thou I'm not a Dynasty fan per se, they were obviously the target of this manipulation, and if I was their attorney, I'd be preparing a formal complaint and possibly a lawsuit against the league right about now. As a fan I feel disrespected and as a costumer I feel ripped off. Maybe a good outcome for both teams, but not for anybody else involved, and that has to be the league's responsability, they are supposed to treat ALL of their costumers exactly the same, and for sure this is not what's happennig here. Of course what's done it's done, but I just hope the league changes the rules so this type of farce can NEVER happen again.. avery sad and dark day indeed...

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 PM #80
Marko34256

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjordan77 View Post
so you turned down 25,000$ and the full points for winning the tourney because all of impact's lineup was too tired to play? interesting concept, i wouldn't have...
altering scores purposely is life banishment from the NPPL and from what you stated you were happy to put dynasty behind in the points race by reaching this agreement with impact.

Next time, sign the score card.
$25,000 for the team really isnt that much. there's 13 players on the team and assuming they split it equally, they each get $1923. even if they split it amongst 7, it's still $3500 which in california, doesn't get you very far.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 PM #81
MiD WeSt BaLlA
ASM Powerd by DSSP8NTBALL

MiD WeSt BaLlA plays in the PSP
MiD WeSt BaLlA donated to help Peyton Trent
MiD WeSt BaLlA owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
MiD WeSt BaLlA owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
MiD WeSt BaLlA supports Team VICIOUS
MiD WeSt BaLlA plays in the APPA D4 division
Its kinda a slap in the face for all the teams out there that pay for everything or damn near eveything bc they get a few sponsors that help them out. Then the pros come in an play for free. We all would love to play for free. We all look at them and want to be where they are. Then they are both 1st bc they dont want to play? Screw that give me a gat and I will play untill I win or die trying. I know I would have given all that I could to play pro and maybe win an event!
|
|My Feedback|
R.I.P. Jason "Towlie" Calef | R.I.P. Andrew "Wigglz" McWilliams | R.I.P. Chef
MiD WeSt BaLlA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:42 PM #82
right-behind-you

right-behind-you is a Supporting Member
right-behind-you is an NCPA player
right-behind-you plays in the APPA D4 division
I think both teams were scared to let whether or not they win the tournament hinge on a 1 vs 1, regardless if it were sudden death, best out of three or whatever. You say you're on a team of serious competetators, and Impact didn't want their first place finish tainted with drama, conflicts, and penalties. That's why I don't understand why either team would settle for "sharing" first. It's paintball, you should have to work and deserve to be #1 that event.

As far as i'm concerned, neither team is a winner.
right-behind-you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:45 PM #83
bunkerinu
Champion of the People

bunkerinu plays in the USPL
bunkerinu plays in the PSP
bunkerinu supports Team VICIOUS
bunkerinu plays in the APPA D3 division
the hurricanes are the real winners ^_^
Old 09-24-2007, 01:55 PM #84
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer is for the Gunfight
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
first off thank you for the explanation and a well thought out and written one at that.
Second off i agree with most if not all of everyonein this thread that it was not the right thing to do.
As is what is said before many many times pro players and any team at that caliber spend day after day at the feild grinding it out, become better and to win. driving hours to feilds, flying across country to practice and spending your life devoted to the sport. The team that endures the most, and can fight it out at the end is the winner. Teams that decide that they are so tired that they cannot go on lose. And the teams that decide that their opponets who virtually give up and no longer want to play are winners too do not know the definition of "winners" and should not be deciding who the winner(s) are.

IMO its unfair to the fans and to paintball itself. IMO both teams are disqualified [according to the rulebook excert a page or so back] and the victory should go to either IMAGE or HURRICAINES , which one had the most points during prelims or wins overall since a re-fianl seems impractical last night and now.

ollie i respect you, your team, and the league. And i think its a great thing you and the ironmen did but no way should the NPPL allow it.
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote