PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-23-2007, 08:22 PM #1
raptorz922

has been a member for 10 years
First concert shoot - C&C ok

Finally got some pictures from the concert I shot recently uploaded. It was the first concert I've shot, so C&C is definitely appreciated! It was a bit tough to shoot being in a completely packed fairly small venue with no photo pit. I also helped unload, set up, tear down, and load gear, so I was a bit tired and sore after being there for 14 hours. :p

All are straight out of the camera with no processing (cept resizing and converting to JPEG) and were shot with my XT and 50mm 1.8. Most, if not all were shot at f/2.0 and ISO 800.

Disciple -

Fireflight -

Dizmas -

Wavorly -

Random mohawk dude -
raptorz922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2007, 08:27 PM #2
tbird267

I'm liking number 6, the rest are kind of boring. Try messing around with editing on 6. 1 & 2 are out of focus, 3 you chopped the guys head off, 4 is really distracting with all the crap in the background, 5 isn't doing it for me, and 7,9,10 aren't either. 8 is ok.
1990 dead sexay Mustang LX w/ Flowmaster exhaust, BBK H-pipe, underdrive pulley kit, Cervini ram air hood w/ k&n filter, BBK equal length shorties headers, rear brake disk conversion kit, full hotchkis suspension and camber plates, etc, etc, blah blah.

So, so loud.

02 Mini Cooper S- too many mods to list.
ST:A FTW

Edited for content
tbird267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:47 PM #3
chris_arnet
V-Neck

i like 6 the best. but you did blow some highlights. although, in the lighting conditions you were in, its not really your fault. i didnt really find myself attracted to any of the others at all.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:14 PM #4
therealmr
\\\\\ i go on walks /////

therealmr is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
therealmr is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I'm fine with blown highlights if the pictures are in focus. I've done bands before, so I know how hard it is... doesn't change the fact that being unable to freeze motion and/or focus on the right spot (ex picture 2, focus on top of guitar neck) can make or break band photos.

Crop tool. There's a ton of useless space on #2 and #4.

#3 would have been your best shot, by far, regardless of focus/blur... if you had gotten the dude's head in the frame =P

I suggest taking more pictures, if you can, next time (if these are your best). Do you want any suggestions for the PP or just the compositions?

The 50 f/1.8 is pretty nice, but doesn't deliver hardcore sharpness. What was your average shutter speed shooting f/2.0, ISO 800?

I want to be remembered for the
people I helped make memorable;
personal success is overrated if it
doesn't help everyone's progress.

Last edited by therealmr : 09-23-2007 at 10:32 PM.
therealmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:06 AM #5
ScareKrow
Vultures of Culture

ScareKrow owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Are you giving us permission to C&C? Is that what that is?
In any case...
I dig #3. Would be much better if his left arm were in focus.
ScareKrow is offline   Reply With Quote