Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2007, 12:26 AM #169
Always_Dazed
Under Achiever
 
Always_Dazed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manhattan, KS
If pot were legalized for prescription use, it would be the safest prescription drug ever. Hands Down.

I've had insomnia since before junior high. There is almost nothing more frustrating than lying in bed for 8 hours *trying* to fall asleep.
I first smoked my junior year of highschool and immediately noticed how much easier it was to go to sleep a couple hours after smoking.
I can either lay in bed all night and finally fall asleep 45 minutes before my alarm goes off, or smoke a bowl and be asleep in less than an hour. If you are nauseous or have the flu and you can actually force yourself to smoke, it will usually decrease the nausea to the point where you can actually get up and move around without feeling sick. My close friend used to take prescription medicine to combat his high anxiety and anxiety attacks. Since he started smoking, he has been able to come off his medication. And more importantly, he no longer has to put up with the side effects of his old medication.

It impairs you far less than alcohol and is better on your body than either alcohol or tobacco. The only physical harm caused by smoking pot is from smoke inhalation. You can avoid that by vaporizing or eating it. It is impossible to overdose on it. Nobody has ever died from smoking pot, not even that cop who ate the brownies.
That video also made me question the amount of education about marijuana given to police officers.

The government makes it illegal to even research the drug in the US; because if they do legalize unbiased research, it would show that there is no reason to outlaw marijuana. In fact, recent research from other countries is beginning to show that decriminalization or legalization wouldn't be a bad idea. At least research should be legalized; with promising results in other countries, we should at least explore the possibilities of the plant, and not just dismiss it because it is illegal.

Richard Nixon commissioned a study on the decriminalization of marijuana, the group that did the study recommended that marijuana be decriminalized. Nixon rejected and ignored the study because it didn't match his personal views.
That is just one example of someone purposely ignoring the facts. What is the point of having advisers if you don't listen to their advice when it differs from your idea? Americans, unfortunately, seems to share the stance of: "If it feels good, it must be bad!"

Marijuana, much like alcohol or any other substance, can be a problem if abused. The responsibility for this rests with the user. If someone's marijuana use grows to the extent that it interferes with their life, they need to cut it back. If they can't cut back, they have no business using it.

You should not drive while high. It does not impair you as much as alcohol, but IT STILL IMPAIRS YOU. You must know your limitations while under the influence, my reaction speed is increased (I really am better at video games stoned) but the speed at which I can process information and make decisions slows noticeably. You should not work under the influence, you owe it to your boss to be at 100% when you are on the clock. Keep it in the house and don't let it affect your life. Basically, BE RESPONSIBLE.

Please, do 2 hours of objective, unbiased research on the subject.
Erowid is a good place to start.

Look, a pothead just made a post with more coherence and intelligence than most of the non-smokers out there.
__________________
"Originally posted by fatalblow: Another player on my team is very popular, (We both play football for the highschool) and he constantly interrupts practice to make out with his girlfriend or on one occasion mine."

UNDER ACHIEVERS are sponsored by:
Rampage Paintball
Thread in Aggieville
Always_Dazed is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2007, 12:29 AM #170
black_angus1 (Banned)
 
black_angus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Churdan, Iowa
Before I go on, I would like to say I'm only 14. Deal with it, and yes I have had personal experiences with marijuana.

Is marijuana really a drug? It's naturally grown, and there are no synthetic chemicals in marijuana (fertilizers and pesticides from plantations notwithstanding), as opposed to meth, which is made from random **** around the house and will literally eat a hole in your brain.
There have been no deaths directly from ingesting marijuana, and there are also medical uses for marijuana. But for some reason, it is still a schedule I psychoactive, in other words there is no possession allowed whatsoever. Cocaine, which is known for it's ability to stop a heart cold, is schedule II, which means that it is legal to possess, albeit with a DEA license.
I believe that if marijuana were to be legalized, it would take the public to be responsible to make it effectively safe. Similar to alcohol, it should never be ingested before driving, operating machinery, etc. It could also be sold in safe places, like stores, which means that it could be taxed and made sure that it wasn't laced with other drugs.
If any "drug" were to be made legal, it should be marijuana, for said reasons above.

BTW, I suggest we get an AIM chat going.

I got much information from this site:
www.erowid.com

Also for some good valid points (along with humor) go here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/308386

REMEMBER, JUST BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT MAKES IT ILLEGAL, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S BAD! LEARN TO THINK FOR YOURSELF! YAY 1ST AMENDMENT!

Last edited by black_angus1 : 09-24-2007 at 12:32 AM.
black_angus1 is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:30 AM #171
danthepete
amidoinitrite?
 
danthepete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
danthepete has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
danthepete has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
danthepete has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Dazed View Post
If pot were legalized for prescription use, it would be the safest prescription drug ever. Hands Down.

I've had insomnia since before junior high. There is almost nothing more frustrating than lying in bed for 8 hours *trying* to fall asleep.
I first smoked my junior year of highschool and immediately noticed how much easier it was to go to sleep a couple hours after smoking.
I can either lay in bed all night and finally fall asleep 45 minutes before my alarm goes off, or smoke a bowl and be asleep in less than an hour. If you are nauseous or have the flu and you can actually force yourself to smoke, it will usually decrease the nausea to the point where you can actually get up and move around without feeling sick. My close friend used to take prescription medicine to combat his high anxiety and anxiety attacks. Since he started smoking, he has been able to come off his medication. And more importantly, he no longer has to put up with the side effects of his old medication.

It impairs you far less than alcohol and is better on your body than either alcohol or tobacco. The only physical harm caused by smoking pot is from smoke inhalation. You can avoid that by vaporizing or eating it. It is impossible to overdose on it. Nobody has ever died from smoking pot, not even that cop who ate the brownies.
That video also made me question the amount of education about marijuana given to police officers.

The government makes it illegal to even research the drug in the US; because if they do legalize unbiased research, it would show that there is no reason to outlaw marijuana. In fact, recent research from other countries is beginning to show that decriminalization or legalization wouldn't be a bad idea. At least research should be legalized; with promising results in other countries, we should at least explore the possibilities of the plant, and not just dismiss it because it is illegal.

Richard Nixon commissioned a study on the decriminalization of marijuana, the group that did the study recommended that marijuana be decriminalized. Nixon rejected and ignored the study because it didn't match his personal views.
That is just one example of someone purposely ignoring the facts. What is the point of having advisers if you don't listen to their advice when it differs from your idea? Americans, unfortunately, seems to share the stance of: "If it feels good, it must be bad!"

Marijuana, much like alcohol or any other substance, can be a problem if abused. The responsibility for this rests with the user. If someone's marijuana use grows to the extent that it interferes with their life, they need to cut it back. If they can't cut back, they have no business using it.

You should not drive while high. It does not impair you as much as alcohol, but IT STILL IMPAIRS YOU. You must know your limitations while under the influence, my reaction speed is increased (I really am better at video games stoned) but the speed at which I can process information and make decisions slows noticeably. You should not work under the influence, you owe it to your boss to be at 100% when you are on the clock. Keep it in the house and don't let it affect your life. Basically, BE RESPONSIBLE.

Please, do 2 hours of objective, unbiased research on the subject.
Erowid is a good place to start.

Look, a pothead just made a post with more coherence and intelligence than most of the non-smokers out there.
You sir, are my hero.
__________________
Interior Crocodile Alligator; I Drive a Chevrolet Movie Thea-tor.
danthepete is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 AM #172
anitfox
Tool is the worst band
 
anitfox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Norcal
anitfox is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus1 View Post
Before I go on, I would like to say I'm only 14. Deal with it, and yes I have had personal experiences with marijuana.

Is marijuana really a drug? It's naturally grown, and there are no synthetic chemicals in marijuana (fertilizers and pesticides from plantations notwithstanding), as opposed to meth, which is made from random **** around the house and will literally eat a hole in your brain.
There have been no deaths directly from ingesting marijuana, and there are also medical uses for marijuana. But for some reason, it is still a schedule I psychoactive, in other words there is no possession allowed whatsoever. Cocaine, which is known for it's ability to stop a heart cold, is schedule II, which means that it is legal to possess, albeit with a DEA license.
I believe that if marijuana were to be legalized, it would take the public to be responsible to make it effectively safe. Similar to alcohol, it should never be ingested before driving, operating machinery, etc. It could also be sold in safe places, like stores, which means that it could be taxed and made sure that it wasn't laced with other drugs.
If any "drug" were to be made legal, it should be marijuana, for said reasons above.

BTW, I suggest we get an AIM chat going.

I got much information from this site:
www.erowid.com

Also for some good valid points (along with humor) go here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/308386

REMEMBER, JUST BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT MAKES IT ILLEGAL, DOESN'T MEAN IT'S BAD! LEARN TO THINK FOR YOURSELF! YAY 1ST AMENDMENT!
Methamphetamine is not just from random chemicals around the house and it does not "literally eat wholes in your brain".
anitfox is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:55 AM #173
black_angus1 (Banned)
 
black_angus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Churdan, Iowa
Ever wondered why you meth heads will buy car batteries for no reason, and why in Iowa you can't buy things like naproxen and other over-the-counter medicines without a signature? Because they use it for meth. Also when they're high (the high lasts quite a long time), who knows wtf they put in it?

Okay so it only eats a figurative hole in your brain. But it's still the worst thing you could do to yourself that I can think of.
black_angus1 is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:56 AM #174
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitfox View Post
Methamphetamine is not just from random chemicals around the house and it does not "literally eat wholes in your brain".
Thank you. I was going to post that but figured I would hold off. Methamphetamine is usually synthesized through ephedrine or pseudoephedrine and red phosphorus and some other things if I am not mistaken.
Bunkered89 is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:57 AM #175
paintballa2k4
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
paintballa2k4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Everett, WA
 has been a member for 10 years
anit will own anyone in a drug discussion. don't mess lol.

and black angus, you have the effort, but not all your facts are right

edit: it is incredibly stupid that marijuana is schedule one where drugs with "little to no potential medical use" are.

i also found this link interesting http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/expect...0356.2003.html
__________________
"Originally posted byionman26:"

(teacher):what is number 2
(you):SURPRISE BUTTSECHS!!!!

Originally posted by empiretimmy53

THC goes directly to your liver. Think of THC as a vascular rhino penis, and your liver as the fragile anus of a Koala. The destruction is equal.

Last edited by paintballa2k4 : 09-24-2007 at 01:05 AM.
paintballa2k4 is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:57 AM #176
Bunkered89
Ride or Collide
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Bunkered89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bunkered89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bunkered89 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus1 View Post
Ever wondered why you meth heads will buy batteries for no reason, and why in Iowa you can't buy things like naproxen and other over-the-counter medicines without a signature?

Okay so it only eats a figurative hole in your brain. But it's still the worst thing you could do to yourself that I can think of.
Yeah, because they contain ephedrine or pseudoephedrine which is used to synth. meth. What's your point?
Bunkered89 is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 01:15 AM #177
infamousaddict
takes the snake...
 
infamousaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: INFAMOUS
i smoke weed whenever i have the idea to bang my head against the wall

:nododgyiusedtoknockmyselfoutthatway:
__________________
Fan of L.A. Infamous and all it's players.

I hope for paintball to be considered a sport someday; excuse my "woodsball" hatred.
infamousaddict is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 08:41 AM #178
PBU
E.A.P.G. #10
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: kalamazoo, mi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkered89 View Post
That logic doesn't quite check out. If that is why pot is illegal, then for the same reason alcohol and tobacco would be illegal...but they aren't. The government really doesn't give that much of a damn about our well-being. There are other agendas.
Alcohol and tobacco ARE becoming illegal. They already tried to come in the "front door" w/prohibition. I didn't work. Now they are just biding their time and convincing everyone one that making alcohol and tobacco illegal is a good thing.


D[$]ci, You put the stupid in retard. Obviously by Bunkered89 getting what I meant by his post that I quoted, you are the one w/o any ability for abstract thought and should be the one "not posting".
__________________
http://www.hyperdrivepb.com HyperDrive Electronics - The Future is Now
Mowin' w/the 06' Interceptor, BOTH upgrades!
ALIEN; "Resistance is futile!"
PBU is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 11:19 AM #179
D[$]ci (Banned)
 
D[$]ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Western North Carolina
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBU View Post
Alcohol and tobacco ARE becoming illegal. They already tried to come in the "front door" w/prohibition. I didn't work. Now they are just biding their time and convincing everyone one that making alcohol and tobacco illegal is a good thing.


D[$]ci, You put the stupid in retard. Obviously by Bunkered89 getting what I meant by his post that I quoted, you are the one w/o any ability for abstract thought and should be the one "not posting".


Look, champ, everybody in the thread understood what you were saying. You weren't bringing out some amazingly abstract thought that only those of elite intelligence would have understood. What I'm saying is that you're obviously too much of an idiot to form a complete thought and then BACK that thought with fact rather than opinion. Don't post in a thread in ST: P if you can't even debate something as generally cut and dry as cannabis prohibition.
D[$]ci is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:37 PM #180
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper
 
Furious_J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nor:Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
I graduated High School with a 3.7GPA, smoked pot the hole time.
How did you have a 3.7 GPA then when you cant even use the proper "Hole" now? I guess it was the pot.
__________________
velcrowrappers ftw
"Originally Posted by EY3 velociraptors dont eat burritos." Originally Posted by warbeak2099 "Velcrowrappers do."
"Originally posted by sixty nine: all this religion stuff makes me hungry, ima get some tacos" "Originally posted by Derr: I do my best thinking on the toilet."
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Furious_J is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:43 PM #181
PBU
E.A.P.G. #10
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: kalamazoo, mi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D[$]ci View Post


Look, champ, everybody in the thread understood what you were saying. You weren't bringing out some amazingly abstract thought that only those of elite intelligence would have understood. What I'm saying is that you're obviously too much of an idiot to form a complete thought and then BACK that thought with fact rather than opinion. Don't post in a thread in ST: P if you can't even debate something as generally cut and dry as cannabis prohibition.
OOOOooo, now with the name calling. O.k. Hey "Post Nazi". I went back to the beginning of the thread. The 1st post I found by you was #56 on page #6 in which you stated you quit smoking due to "lack of motivation", to post #67 when it was used for "enhancement". When someone posted a link to where they got their information YOU dismissed it because YOU didn't like the source. I would think in most peoples opinion, "lack of motivation" is not an "enhancement", but hey, who knows? Where do you stand? Hard to tell by your posts.
As far as backing my opinion. My opinion on "why pot isn't legal" (thread title btw) is because of insurance companies. Insurance companies do r&d extensively to improve their odds of not having to pay-out on a premium. If this/or any drug helps their odds they would be championing it. Seat belt laws, tougher drunk driving laws, banning cigarette smoking are widely known to be basically because of the insurance lobby, NOT because people love and care about you.
So far you however, haven't been on topic inclusive of your 1st post. That is a fact!
__________________
http://www.hyperdrivepb.com HyperDrive Electronics - The Future is Now
Mowin' w/the 06' Interceptor, BOTH upgrades!
ALIEN; "Resistance is futile!"

Last edited by PBU : 09-24-2007 at 01:07 PM.
PBU is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:47 PM #182
mikepunk-dos (Banned)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Clemson, SC
if bud was legalized everyone in corporate america would go into work high as **** everyday and the 'world wouldnt turn'
mikepunk-dos is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 01:07 PM #183
Always_Dazed
Under Achiever
 
Always_Dazed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manhattan, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepunk-dos View Post
if bud was legalized everyone in corporate america would go into work high as **** everyday and the 'world wouldnt turn'
Alcohol is legal and nobody I work with comes in drunk. They would get fired if they did.
Same goes with pot. Whether it's legal or not, your boss does not have to allow it in the workplace.
__________________
"Originally posted by fatalblow: Another player on my team is very popular, (We both play football for the highschool) and he constantly interrupts practice to make out with his girlfriend or on one occasion mine."

UNDER ACHIEVERS are sponsored by:
Rampage Paintball
Thread in Aggieville
Always_Dazed is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 01:16 PM #184
read5656
Read Barlow
 
read5656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: south central chicago
Cigarettes are legal, and pot isn't? What the fudge has the world come to? Pot don't do **** to your lungs and mouth like sticks do
__________________
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this in your sig.
Come and smoke two joints with me :)
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|||__
|-----Dominate------ |||| '|";\__
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|...,]
"(@)'(@)""""''' |(@ )(@ ) ````(@)
read5656 is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 PM #185
D[$]ci (Banned)
 
D[$]ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Western North Carolina
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBU View Post
OOOOooo, now with the name calling. O.k. Hey "Post Nazi". I went back to the beginning of the thread. The 1st post I found by you was #56 on page #6 in which you stated you quit smoking due to "lack of motivation", to post #67 when it was used for "enhancement". When someone posted a link to where they got their information YOU dismissed it because YOU didn't like the source. I would think in most peoples opinion, "lack of motivation" is not an "enhancement", but hey, who knows? Where do you stand? Hard to tell by your posts.
As far as backing my opinion. My opinion on "why pot isn't legal" (thread title btw) is because of insurance companies. Insurance companies do r&d extensively to improve their odds of not having to pay-out on a premium. If this/or any drug helps their odds they would be championing it. Seat belt laws, tougher drunk driving laws, banning cigarette smoking are widely known to be basically because of the insurance lobby, NOT because people love and care about you.
So far you however, haven't been on topic inclusive of your 1st post. That is a fact!
I would love to respond to this based on the post numbers you provided, but #56 was not a post I made, and #67 in no way contradicted any of my other posts.

Where do I stand? Right on the fence, as you would have figured out had you read my posts in full rather than glossing over them as you apparently did. I even went so far as to say that I was playing the devil's advocate in the first post I made back on page 3.

Your reasoning that insurance companies are the ones keeping pot illegal is a nice fantasy, but where's the fact? Where are the studies and the proof that the things you mentioned were so greatly influenced by insurance lobbyists? I'm not even saying that this isn't the case; I'm saying that until you provide proof when you make wide-sweeping, generalized claims you won't be taken seriously.

Finally, saying that I "haven't been on topic inclusive of my first post" makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited by D[$]ci : 09-24-2007 at 01:45 PM.
D[$]ci is offline  
Old 09-24-2007, 01:46 PM #186
Prairie
DRINK CHEERWINE
 
Prairie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: York, PA
Prairie is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Prairie is a Paintball photographer
Wildly off-topic and a flame fest.

Who would have thought?

Lets try this again without the grammar police and personal attacks, mmk?
Prairie is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump