PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2007, 08:11 PM #1
stearns
waste managment army

has been a member for 10 years
Who Was Around When This Went Down

anyone still on the team when these were in use, or anyone have any history on them? this is what i have been told about them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesak View Post
I remember seeing one of these back in '02 possibly. It is an Old All American 2 jersey. This was made right before the NXL took off. The All Americans became the Philly Americans and the All Americans 2 then became the All A's who played 10 man and such. I do not believe that they were able to use that jersey for that long because they got it right before the NXL season.
any verification would be great

thanks
stearns
stearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2007, 09:42 PM #2
Venom14
Pittsburgh Ascendancy

Venom14 plays in the PSP
Venom14 plays in the APPA D4 division
I believe the AA2 were the farm team for the All Americans. Then they became the original Miami Effect. I believe Ryan Moorehead was a member of the AA2.
Venom14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:16 PM #3
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 donated to help Peyton Trent
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
nppl when xball was starting....i thought....
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:10 PM #4
kazkid8
Free Agent

kazkid8 plays in the PSP
kazkid8 posts videos on PbNation
Here's what went down from what I know....

Jakesak is mostly correct. It was the 10man sister team and once xball team for the All-Americans after the NXL was started. The Philly Americans were in the NXL and smartparts needed someone to represent them outside of the league...so the All-Americans 2 were born...

The best teams in the NXL at the time were the Philly Americans, Oakland Empire, Miami Effect, and the LA Ironmen. All Legendary teams...

Miami Effect at this time(2003) was essencially the same guys as Avalanche the year before(2002). This franchise was sponsored by Empire and Draxxus. I'm not positive who owned it, but I think it may have been the team itself. Well, at some point in 2004, Smartparts decided to enter another Factory team into the pro ranks of the NXL.

What Smartparts did was purchase the Miami Effect franchise. I do believe that Chris Lasoya wanted no buisness with the company and he got himself and his players to leave and enter the the NPPL and PSP as Infamous. The Miami Effect Franchise needed filled asap for the next event, so Smartparts used their other Factory Team (the All-Americans 2) and they became NXL pro players. This team had the likes of Rich Bianco(The owner of Punisherspb.com) and Ryan Moorehead(now all star on philly Americans).

So smartparts didnt own the ORIGINAL miami effect...but it was definately the most memorable.

The Miami Effect/All-Americans 2 team was eventually bought out by Doc's Raiders and many of the players were kicked off the team and filled with raiders players. Some retired, some continued playing... but the All-Americans 2' ranks are spread around in the paintball world. It was a short lived legacy.

I hope I am correct on this.

Last edited by kazkid8 : 09-17-2007 at 11:14 PM.
kazkid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:33 AM #5
stearns
waste managment army

damn, very informative. thanks, i got this jersey a few years ago, iv had it on the market but really havent been trying to sell it. i knew it was a small part of paintball history, but im glad i know the story

stearns
Old 09-18-2007, 12:09 PM #6
MiamiEffect01

MiamiEffect01 is a Professional paintball player
Yeah they are 2002 all american 2 jerseys.
Edmonton Impact #85
MiamiEffect01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 PM #7
methoderik

Just to clarify. The All A's 2 were around well before the NXL. In fact, as far back as I can remember the All A's, I can remember the All A's 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazkid8 View Post
Here's what went down from what I know....

Jakesak is mostly correct. It was the 10man sister team and once xball team for the All-Americans after the NXL was started. The Philly Americans were in the NXL and smartparts needed someone to represent them outside of the league...so the All-Americans 2 were born...

The best teams in the NXL at the time were the Philly Americans, Oakland Empire, Miami Effect, and the LA Ironmen. All Legendary teams...

Miami Effect at this time(2003) was essencially the same guys as Avalanche the year before(2002). This franchise was sponsored by Empire and Draxxus. I'm not positive who owned it, but I think it may have been the team itself. Well, at some point in 2004, Smartparts decided to enter another Factory team into the pro ranks of the NXL.

What Smartparts did was purchase the Miami Effect franchise. I do believe that Chris Lasoya wanted no buisness with the company and he got himself and his players to leave and enter the the NPPL and PSP as Infamous. The Miami Effect Franchise needed filled asap for the next event, so Smartparts used their other Factory Team (the All-Americans 2) and they became NXL pro players. This team had the likes of Rich Bianco(The owner of Punisherspb.com) and Ryan Moorehead(now all star on philly Americans).

So smartparts didnt own the ORIGINAL miami effect...but it was definately the most memorable.

The Miami Effect/All-Americans 2 team was eventually bought out by Doc's Raiders and many of the players were kicked off the team and filled with raiders players. Some retired, some continued playing... but the All-Americans 2' ranks are spread around in the paintball world. It was a short lived legacy.

I hope I am correct on this.
methoderik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:31 PM #8
kazkid8
Free Agent

kazkid8 plays in the PSP
kazkid8 posts videos on PbNation
mk...well i tried lol
kazkid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:50 PM #9
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler

Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
orionz06 donated to help Peyton Trent
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazkid8 View Post
mk...well i tried lol
you got post nxl right...
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:28 PM #10
Tim40
All-American Forever

Tim40 is a Professional paintball player
Tim40 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Tim40 plays in the PSP
Tim40 plays in the APPA Pro division
Close.....so close....but yet so far....

The AA2 were around FOREVER. They were the sister/farm team for the All-Americans for some 10 years. They even flirted with a pro spot in the late 90's. However, its difficult to stay on top when your big brother keeps taking all your good players. The AA2 produced many players for the All-Americans and were a very respectable and sometimes dominant 10 man team. When the NXL started, the All-Americans became the Philly Americans. However, there was no point to dump the All-Americans name and keep the AA2. Therefore, the AA2 became the All-Americans for the 2003 and part of 2004 season. Before the Chicago NXL event of 2004, Miami Effect jumped ship and became Infamous. AND THEN, Smart Parts purchased the Miami Effect franchise (the name and NXL spot). The All-Americans were a logical fit for the spot and jumped from D1 PSP into the NXL. After a few tough seasons, the team was reconstructed. This time however, the team became known as the Miami Raiders. Former Doc's Raiders and Strange players filled the spot for Miami Effect........yada yada yada.....the story goes on....but it doesn't relate to the jersey. Sorry I digressed.

But yes, those were worn by the All-Americans 2 at the last REAL 10 man event of the NPPL at World Cup 2002.

-Tim Montressor
Houston Heat #40

LOTS OF CHEAP GEAR FOR SALE

CLICK HERE
Tim40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:26 PM #11
stearns
waste managment army

thanks, much appreciated

stearns
Old 09-20-2007, 11:12 PM #12
Ranar
NCN pwning fools

Yeah I'm pretty sure that was in 2002. Those were possibly the coolest AA jerseys, I remember Darryl had a few of then at SR KAPP along with like 12 other pro jerseys on the wall (all signed). Wish I had a picture of them.....

LOL
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
Nor* Cal Nomad

Flex Club Member
Ranar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:01 AM #13
WVprankster
The Wordsmith

WVprankster plays in the PSP
WVprankster plays in the APPA D4 division
Just an aside-

"back in the day"--god, how it hurts to say that--- those jerseys were absolutely amazing. Before jerseys were really custom-printed a whole lot (even Strange in those days played in plain SP jerseys), those jerseys were a symbol, especially locally. Around the Pittsburgh area, those jerseys were as recognizeable as the Steelers logo. I actually had Phil Thompson's for awhile...don't ask me how I got it. Anyway, they are amazing-looking jerseys in their own right, and a piece of history. On a personal note, the Rolex (yes, it's a Rolex) is just about the coolest thing to grace a a paintball jersey ever. TJ out.

Currently teamless.

"What is to give light must endure burning." -Frankl
WVprankster is offline   Reply With Quote