PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 PM #1
Talio
Killing in the name of

Pump in scenario games

I asked this back on SCP a while back, but I thought I'd bring it up again. I'm getting more into scenario and woodsball games lately and I'm curious how well those of you who have taken a pump out of the field has worked. I like going to woodsball fields and using them, but that's a little different. I know certain games like Castle, you probably need a little more muscle, but it seems to me that a more lower paced game you could use one easy. I see alot of guys at these things with Tippmans and in a pinch I can blow through more shots then a Tippy easy.

So who's done it and how did it work?

Talio.
Talio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:07 PM #2
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

has been a member for 10 years
i happen to not like playing stock class (12 grams and stick feed) in the woods. it can be done, and its tricky, callenging, and fun. but when i play woodsball im there to relax and have a good time. so i typically pull out either an open class gun, or somtimes i cheat and jsut go for the semi.

in speedball, you have nice clear lanes, good crisp and clean targets and a good chance at hitting what you want with only one ball.

in the woods, getting that kind a shot is practiclly impossable. theres aways sticks, twiggs, and leave in yoru way. and while thats not hard to shoot though with a semi, its hard with a rock and cock pump.

so, with a direct feed pump, you can raffle off 5-6 much like you have a semi, but yous till playing pump. makes me feel better about myself. its also a heck of alot more effective.

so, in the woods i tend to steer clear of my beloved stock class setups and go for the open and even semi style guns.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:00 AM #3
LAH75

LAH75 works for a Paintball manufacturer
LAH75 supports Cereal Killerz 2
LAH75 donated to help Peyton Trent
LAH75 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Some of us did it at DDAY, ION, Bearclaw's Risk the World and some local events this year. It is fun for us with a Sniper, Revy, and HP air setup.. I wouldn't do it with a rock in cock BUT we do see guys who do play with even these guns at these large games. We use Mech cockers, Snipers, Marqs, Closers & Wrappers.
We get to play both tourneys, big games, scenarios and whatever else is fun.. Playing with a pump allows you to shoot less paint and really make your shots count.. When in big jam of course your going to wish you had your semi.. But most of the day you WILL have fun with a good pump. Again when the crap hits the fan, you will wish you had something really fast..

But that is part of the fun. Figuring out what tool to use for the job at hand. Bring everything you got and fight for your life.. It doesn't get any more fun than a huge scenario game..

Have you seen our 2013 LA HITMEN ANTHRAX PAINTBALL Jerseys? Hoodies, A-Pugs, PodBags, Headbands coming soon
Got a gun with TiPX threads? Check out the HITMEN TECH barrels for the TiPX.
Visit our team store to see what is in stock today here.
LAH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:36 AM #4
Talio
Killing in the name of

Yeah, thanks man. I'm not sure about the whole "crap hit's the fan" scenario. I always feel like when things get hairy that I'm better with the pump just because it's easier to handle. I tend to fumble with the semi too much.

As far as the idea of woodsball...Well all I could do was laugh, because I've played with the pump extensively in the woods and you're right. It can be a huge pain. Then again, when you one ball a dude, it's pretty good too.

Guess I'm just going to have to take both and get a feel for it.

Talio.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:13 AM #5
bnctaj

Aside from the final battles, I really had no problems playing pump in scenario, just make sure you carry plenty of paint and twelve grams. I've played with my Phantom in at least four scenarios, one of which was against little competition and the other three were relatively even opponents (who luckily had communication issues at their HQ/General).
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 AM #6
Talio
Killing in the name of

Okay, let me clarify something else. When I say pump, I mean pump, not stock. I've got a full 200 round hopper and 12 oz bottle on the thing. I carry 4 pods of paint in my pack. Truthfully when the **** hits the fan I can auto trigger the thing faster and more accurately then a noob with a tippman. The minimal I go with in woods is a 50 round hopper and that's mainly because I believe if I miss 50 times I deserve to get hit.

My only reason for asking is I'm sending my ego to get anodized and it would go over the date of my game. I figured I'd just play with the pump and get some feedback from the forums, but seeing as I'm not entire sure what to expect, I think I'll wait to send it in and take both with me, chrono both guns and then switch between the two all day. That's not too alien as is because that's how I practice. One round with the pump, one round with the electro. Gives me a nice balance to my game.

Thanks guys,

Talio.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:05 PM #7
ApoC_101 (Banned)
FALCONIZING!!!

has been a member for 10 years
pump in scenario? always. hundreds of players to shoot with a stockclass pump? wicked.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:04 PM #8
pbmike15
Truth with a capital C

I played two scenario games with my pump, I did alright I guess. It seemed as though more people were wiping hits both the times I went, so that got a little annoying. Plus it is annoying as anything when you get a nice shot at someone and you hit a twig/branch. I prefer just rec ball games on the speedball fields, but that's just me.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:21 PM #9
Linuss

Um.. why wouldn't a pump be good in a scenario?

Think about it... scenario's are basically there for a LOT of paint to be shot... you don't have to be one of those people.

GO out with a pump and have fun. If you run out of paint, just head back to staging and reinsert later. Not rocket science.

Hell, I'd prefer to play stock in a scenario... you spend enough there as it is.
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:47 PM #10
Pyrate Jim

Stock, pump, semi, electo.
I usually bring at least one of each. I often begin the game SC, and move up to a hopper and CA if I feel I need to shoot more. A semi for the final battle to use up all the leftover paint, and something high volume if I get my panties twisted and decide the other team deserves it.
My favorite to use in scenario is the KP-2 df on remote 114/4500.
Second to that would be the Nasty 'Phoon, just because it turns heads. (if the field allows multiple barrel markers)
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:33 PM #11
snuggles_smith
Juke Box Hero

I like using my pump in scenarios, especially if I feel like covering a lot of ground. I definately go open class though, your just out there playing to long to have to worry about 12 grams and tubes. If it's more of a strictly attack/defend type of game, I usually opt for a mech, since it's more head on heavy fire situations.