Big_Dangerous
Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts!

Annual Supporting Member
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Big_Dangerous has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBruce View Post
didnt work for me I did all that stuff and still got no anwser

Make sure when you fill out the applications that you have a professional e-mail address. Don't put your e-mail address if it's retarded sounding. A lot of people overlook that, and people that do the hiring at these places will completely disregard childish and unprofessional e-mails.
Big_Dangerous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2007, 08:38 AM #23
Pickle Suprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuMkRaZiEpAiNtBaLlEr View Post
Well I have applied at a couple of stores now looking for my first job and they keep saying they will call me-but they never do. So I was wandering what I should do, call them back and ask them whats up, or apply at another job?
Give it a reasonable amount of time, a few days then call back inquiring as to the status of your application. Safe bet that if they tell you they'll call you back at that point, apply elsewhere, but you always want to followup regardless of the impression you got if and when you spoke to a mgr or asst mgr.
Pickle Suprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:58 PM #24
E-M-P-I-R-E

So, i just called back papa johns and talked to an employee. I told him who i was, and why i was calling. He then put me on hold for a while and told me that i should come in tomorrow at 4 and talk to the general manager. I don't know what to expect. I mean, did one of the managers tell this person to have me come in at that time....or did he simply just go look at a schedule and see that that is when the manager will be in.....
E-M-P-I-R-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 PM #25
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

I had to call multiple times before I was hired at a Supermarket.

Skillz
jogabonito7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:38 PM #26
AR55
conch shell warrior

AR55 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-M-P-I-R-E View Post
or did he simply just go look at a schedule and see that that is when the manager will be in.....
That's probably the case, you have to remember that these people are just ordinary guys they aren't professors or CEOs. No one here is applying at a multi-billion dollar company as head executive manager, you're applying for a basic job with basic skills that are required.

Don't work yourself into a sweat, it's no big deal.
AR55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM #27
pulpfiction34

pulpfiction34 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pulpfiction34 supports Pev's Paintball
pulpfiction34 supports DLX Technology
hey

one really good tip is to l;ook for a job around midd to end summer because most fast food places are hiring because some workers might be going back to school or leaving for college so they usally look for new employees around that time.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:48 AM #28
HllywdHank

Calling the business, hah, you're lucky they don't hang up on you. Go to the place in person when it's not to busy and talk to the hirring manager or human resources department.

Dress for success.

Come with some manners, and class (they don't have to know that you lack either until after you get the job).

Include references, coaches, cops, pastors, principles and teachers are the best.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:30 PM #29
sKum
I like Catbert Again

When you get into the interview, point to the picture of the women on the desk and ask "Who's the ****"

You'll be in for sure.

Or just keep grinding it out, you'll get a job somewhere. You seem young so you might have to get a few **** jobs before you land a good one. Most places don't like no experience.
sKum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:14 AM #30
Tim Haas
I'm right 3 times a day.

Tim Haas is a founding member
When applying, ask to speak to the manager right away. If you forgot, go in and tell him that you applied on so and so date. Then, tell him you "WANT" the job. Most people just go to interviews and never say they are interested in the job...think about it.
Tim Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:51 PM #31
paintball_kidz

I am in the same situation bro, I applied at a few places for my first job ever. Most people come in and just apply at a fast food restaraunt, I came in with resume and application ready. The managers said they would call the next day or so, it got me all excited. Only to be disapointed waiting anxiously for the call. So far no one has called back.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:41 PM #32
Erik Hellhammer
get off my lawn

Go up there personally and remind them you applied. You have to do it to get most jobs...