Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-18-2002, 09:04 PM #1
Steeler
mutha ucka

has been a member for 10 years
macs rule

i try to explain to all my friends that macs are good computers. they all call me crazy. just because they cant play the majority of their lame games on it doesnt mean its not a sweet computer. i think the dual G4's kick pents in the ***. OS X is way better than any win nt, 2k, xp whatever. macs own. anyone agree with me?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2002, 11:36 PM #2
Darth Bagel
read. comprehend. post.

Darth Bagel is a Supporting Member
if you cant play games on a computer then what the hell's the point of buying one thats so bluidy fast? so you can type email at 800 mhz? and all other processers kick pentiums in the arse, including the athlons, which is why the athlons are better. the way i see it, i have 4 major gripes about macs:

1 apple is run by morons who want to control the entire industry, and therefore you have no choice for upgrades but apple direct

2 because of this, i cant play any of my frickin games on apples, and this pisses me off, as i am a complete addict

3 mac os is all idiot-proofed and smiley and tries to be so cute. i find it disgusting.

4 one frickin button on the mouse? a mouse that is simply one big button with a sensor on the bottom? what the hell is this? and what idiot needs just one button. my mouse has 4 and a wheel. and it glows blue.
Old 01-19-2002, 05:49 PM #3
WoLF
I liek milk

one thing i always hate reading

I hate reading how people say macs suck compared to pcs. I'm new to paintball, and been a mac user my whole life (I'm 15).

I definately agree with steeler about Mac OS X 10.1 being the best operating around. I have used Windows 2k, 95, 98, XP, ME, and none compares to the power of OS X. My computer uptime right now is 20 days by the way.

And steeler, people that call you crazy, I get that a lot too. This one dude is still flaming me for using a mac, and how his cheapo PC is better than it.

Bagel, You can get processor upgrades for the macs. Along with Hard drive, ram, optical drive, sound card, video card etc. You say there aren't any games for mac. Think again. There are tons; more and more are being developed each day. If you don't like it (and have a mac), go buy Virtual PC, it enables you to install a full windows OS on your mac. As for the mouse, I agree with it sucking having one button. But there are tons of mouses you can buy. I hated the one button mouse, so I bought a Logitech optical 2 button scroll mouse. But I dont feel the same way about the mac os as you. I feel that XP is a total f'in rip of OS X.

Why do you say "so you can type email at 800 mhz?" I would say the same thing about a AMD or pentium. Why would you want to type an email at 1600 mhz?

thats my 2cents

Gear: JT Flex 7 Ice Thermal graphite-black mask. I use Diablo Blaze paint.

FS: Cheap Lapco Bigshot Spyder Barrel!
FS: Cheap Redz FT700 Pack and (4) Dye Smoke Tubes!
Old 01-20-2002, 10:25 PM #4
Darth Bagel
read. comprehend. post.

Re: one thing i always hate reading

Quote:
You can get processor upgrades for the macs. Along with Hard drive, ram, optical drive, sound card, video card etc.
naw, really? i never said you couldnt. i just said that the only people you could get these upgrades from was apple.

Quote:
You say there aren't any games for mac. Think again. There are tons; more and more are being developed each day. If you don't like it (and have a mac), go buy Virtual PC, it enables you to install a full windows OS on your mac.
what games? i dont see many new games coming out for macs. generally its pc released now, mac release... about 8 months later, if the game sells well enough. yee-haw. im talking about real games, by the way, not little arcadey games like "escape velocity" (which was a frickin cool game. made me envy mac-owners). and as for virtual pc (and i think chemmy knows whats coming if hes reading this), why in the hell do you go through all that trouble to get a mac and buy virtual pc and all this crap, and then run a frickin pc os on it? what the hell is the point of buying a mac, then?

Quote:
As for the mouse, I agree with it sucking having one button. But there are tons of mouses you can buy. I hated the one button mouse, so I bought a Logitech optical 2 button scroll mouse.
i know you can buy others, but the one-button mice seem to bother me especially effectively.

Quote:
Why do you say "so you can type email at 800 mhz?" I would say the same thing about a AMD or pentium. Why would you want to type an email at 1600 mhz?
because on a pc you can run a lot more applications. sure, you can find mac versions of most programs, but none of these programs require a lot of horsepower from your computer. ms office? browsing the internet and checking your email? do you really need a super-powerful computer for this? the only programs that really need a lot of power from your computer these days are games and modeling programs (yes, there are some others, but those are the 2 really big ones). dunno bout you, but not many people do a whole lot of 3d modeling in their homes, so that leaves games, and then we get back to the point about compatibility.

Quote:
But I dont feel the same way about the mac os as you. I feel that XP is a total f'in rip of OS X.
really? i think xp sucks. it sucks so horrendously. if its a rip of os x, im really really glad i dont use os x. frickin smilies.

as a final note, i feel i should say that i really dont give a damn whether you use a mac or not. i dont use macs. i never have used macs (when given a choice, damn middle school computer labs), and i suspect i never will use macs. apple is an innovative company, and i respect them for that. however, i think theyre the biggest bunch of morons with the way they run things. they had the computer market by the balls way back when things were just getting started. if only they had been smarter with their decisions, steve jobs might be worth untold billions instead of bill gates. but im getting off-topic. like i said, i dont care what you use. just dont sit there and tell me that my pc sucks and that i should get a mac. i dont tell you to get a pc (unless i happen to be trying to sell one), so i expect you to return the favor.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:52 PM #5
WoLF
I liek milk

Talking

Sorry to start the rant.
But, one thing, upgrades aren't made by apple, they're made by third party companies.

Yeah you are correct about the games part, 8 damn months later they come out with the games. Return to Castle Wolfenstein for example. They have made the OS X version, but they are porting it to OS 9, which will cause a 3 month delay. damn losers, they should've went ahead and released Return to Castle Wolfenstein and came out with a OS 9 patch.

I don't get what you're saying when you say "frickin smileys"

Then what do you use? Linux?

BTW, I never said your PC sucks. I don't even know what you have.

I dunno about you but I do quite a bit of web editing with Adobe GoLive and picture editing with Adobe Photoshop. But one thing I hated when I had a pc, was photoshop. It sucked on a pc IMO

Gear: JT Flex 7 Ice Thermal graphite-black mask. I use Diablo Blaze paint.

FS: Cheap Lapco Bigshot Spyder Barrel!
FS: Cheap Redz FT700 Pack and (4) Dye Smoke Tubes!
Old 01-21-2002, 06:17 PM #6
Darth Bagel
read. comprehend. post.

really? everywhere i look theres just genuine apple (i feel like i should put in a little tm or something here). ah well.

and that whole thing wasnt necessarily directed at you, it was just a release of a lot of mac-related frustration. and when i say "frickin smileys" i am referring to all the little happy-faces that i see all over the older mac os'es (which i will admit are the only ones ive used. last mac i touched had os 8 on it i think, maybe it was 7). such as the startup screen. why in the hell do i need to see a picture of a computer grinning at me in a thoroughly deranged manner? its this kind of unnecessary attempts at cuteness that come off as incredibly annoying to people like me (sociopathic lunatics).