PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-02-2007, 11:59 AM #22
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

xXBloodLustACXx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sure, I'll PM you a little later though because I hafta go somewhere... and I sorta forgot exactly how I figured out the mod =P But they're all pretty cheap to do anyway you do it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2007, 12:00 PM #23
SuxXarD (Banned)
RIP Rob Kerr, we miss you

SuxXarD helped look for balloons
SuxXarD owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by autococker06 View Post
I lol'd.
SuxXarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:01 PM #24
Jesus Crust
New account: i ate christ

Thanks
Old 09-02-2007, 03:25 PM #25
Hisse

has been a member for 10 years
Ok well there are 2 main things that you have to do to make a basic spump:

1)Make a pump handle/rod system
2)Elminate blowback

If you do those 2 things you will create an open bolt pump. Number one can be done a few ways but it basically all involves making/getting a pump handle and attaching it to the bolt with a pump rod. Number 2 can only be done one way which is by replacing the valve pin with one without a blowback slot, either by getting a valve pin from either a t1 or a trilogy cocker or by using some jb weld on the stock valve pin. Most people opt for the jb weld on the valve pin.

If you want to go all the way with this then you can make it a closed bolt pump by doing a simple modification to the hammer. The involves cutting a slot in the hammer from where the bolt pin hole is all the way to the front of the hammer this allows the pump handle and bolt to return forward before the gun is fired.

This is probably the best tutorial you'll find on how to do the conversion
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403494

There is one small modification I would suggest to his mod though. Halfback the gun and run the back block like a halfblock cocker, that will allow you to lose some of the weight and end up with an extremely clean looking marker.

And remember a a piranha is a spyder is a spyder clone any information you find for one will generally work for every other one.
Hisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:11 PM #26
nenkitsune

you mean like mine I had on the first page?

I've got a vid too (no air though, ran out testing an LP spyder) I also said something like "it recocks after each shot" I ment to say "you recock it after each shot"

I did it the same way Hisse described. Took me about....an hour's worth of work to cut all the stuff. The pin took a bit longer (since it has a 24 hour cure time)

the left arm isn't there anymore. it was too bothersome when i wanted to take out the bolt (pump arm attached with screws and loctite) and it didn't really support the arm when you pumped it.

My hammer I made. It looks cleaner now (that picture was right after it had finally cooled down enough to hold)

Spyder E-99 Avant (out of commission/spimmifying)
Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback

Last edited by nenkitsune : 09-02-2007 at 05:14 PM.
nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:05 PM #27
Jesus Crust
New account: i ate christ

Thanks so far.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:39 PM #28
Lax4life102

i just made one today with a rear cocking pirhana.... all i did was remove the o-ring from the striker, and there was no need to use any jb-weld. Then i just made a back plate and used two dowels as the pump arms. I then used a piece i cut off a wifleball bat so i didnt need pvc... ill post pics later
Old 09-02-2007, 11:32 PM #29
NoXi
I'm cool :D

well, do you want to make it look decent or jus look like crap?

RIP Joe Pass
:tup: I did it for the Lulz : 4/6/08 , 07:47 PM
NoXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:17 AM #30
Choiboy
Mr. ****** \/

Since u have the pilot the stock bolt might actually help with the pump arm. Just find the threads of the grub screw on the back and find a way to make a screw that can screw in and be a couple of inches long and the end of it being a threaded hole. That way u can just make a pump arm and have the end of it (the end near the bolt) be a ring that can just go onto the longer screw as mentioned. Then simply put a flat head screw into the threaded hole on the longer screw. Kinda complicated but if someone knows wat i mean please help me out. U can even make it a two armed pump both arms attaching to the ring that can on the screw.
Choiboy is offline   Reply With Quote