PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-18-2004, 01:51 PM #43
BOOMSHANKA
Rockin' the Angel

has been a member for 10 years
Hey all...I first want to thank you Harpo so much for the wonderful job you did...it was great meeting and talking with you...you guys put on one hell of a tourney...and Harpo, the field rocked!!! You deserve alot of credit for the time and dedecation you put into the field and tourney to make it fun and running so smooth...for this i thank you...to the refs, you guys did an awesome job...it was great talking with you all and you guys didn't miss a beat...all the teams there were great...Xtreme Misfits, it was great to meet all of you guys. Hope to see you all again...the attitudes of everyone was great...it made the day fun and exciting...I hope that we can make it back again sometime...it was well worth the drive to come to a wonderful event like this...again we can't thank everyone enough for the awesome job you all did to make this tourney one to remember...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2004, 03:11 PM #44
downinit

We ILLI-Noise guys could not agree more. This was our first turny and it will not be our last. We are hopping to play in the MWCP coming up. Hopefully we can get a $$$ sponsor. Any takers HAHA!! The refing was great and the organization was phenomenal. I to hope to play all the other teams again soon. Thanks again for a way fun day of paintball.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:49 PM #45
wireman
RETIRED Team Run&Gun

wireman is a Supporting Member
Did anybody else think the far end of the field was better?? I don't know if it was lighting or what, but it seemed like the far end seemed to produce more wins. Not sure why, the field seemed to be pretty symmetrical.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:44 PM #46
DUG

This was a great tournament. First off, Harpo...you did a helluva job on that field. You are truly an artist with a Garden Weasel. The playing surface might very well be the best I have ever played on. The field set up was great. It looked a little intimidating at first (as far being able to move up) but that changed after we played our first game. It was a well thought out design. The refs were great. They were on top of the action without being invasive. My apologies to the unfortunate ref who caught a good number of my paintballs (I swear I had broken paint in my barrel!!). I got the chance to speak with some of the other teams as well, all of which were great guys. Xtreme Misfits, Notorious, X-Factor & Illi-Noise...you guys rock!! I hope we can do this again sometime.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:55 AM #47
Knobbs

Knobbs is a founding member
Knobbs has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Finally a chance to respond to the thread.

Just to let you know who this is, this is the guy from Silver Fish with the Russian X-Ball jersey and Nexus Cocker.

I don't know what I can say that hasn't been said already. We had such a blast. The teams were all great, the refs were always on the job (I didn't see a bad call all day...and for the first time ever no arguing with the refs!), the paint shot great, the field played great....it was well worth the 4.5 hour drive.

To all the teams, thanks for making it fun. Win or lose, everyone was in good spirits. Special mention to Xtreme Misfits and Notorious...it was great to meet you guys. Too bad we couldn't get into town earlier the night before.

To Harpo and all the refs, you guys ran an awesome event. I definitely hope to make it back for more. Sorry to the ref that I think everyone on my team blasted at one point or another. I swear it bounced off a bunker! Oh, and thanks for the hats, by the way!

Overall, it's not often you can walk away from something like this without a single complaint, but this is one of those events.

Thanks again. If you are considering a trip to a Level X tournament, I highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:58 AM #48
Knobbs

Knobbs is a founding member
Knobbs has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Oh yeah, the far end definitely yielded more wins. I have no idea why, but I think everyone felt the same way.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:36 AM #49
TheSauce20
Mo$$

Annual Supporting Member
TheSauce20 donated to help Peyton Trent

Just a few of my thoughts.........I posted another thread on here, so take a look at that if ya want........but i agree with everyone...........but our team felt the far side was better too, maybe it was just luck......but we preferred that side........and a message to the ILL-Noise Team...........if that was your guys first tournament.........you did really awesome........i watched some of your games was impressed, AND you guys made the finals........that is something to be proud of........really great tourey guys............had a blast..........

-Mark
Team Reflection
Old 01-19-2004, 07:39 AM #50
n2p8ntball

Hey guys, This is the capt. from Xtreme Misfits. I just want to say that this tourney ROCKED!!!!!!! I had an awesome time. All teams did great, including my team, GREAT job guys. I would like to thank the promoters KEMPY....You guys put on an EXCELLENT tourney. I plan on playing more of the ones you put on. Everything that I saw went well. Harpo, you did a great job calling teams up and arm banding and tossing that coin. GREAT job. All the Refs there were quick on their toes and made GReAT calls. You guys kept everything FAIR and under control. GREAT job. As far as the owners of the park, You guys have really got it going on. I can't wait to play up there again, when the weather gets better for outdoors. You've got a great place. One suggestion though, get some hot dogs and hamburgers / cheese burgers. It took forever to find a place to eat. But you guys did a GReAT job too. Again, I had a great time and hope to see everyone again at tourneys.

Team Elite
Old 01-19-2004, 07:52 AM #51
n2p8ntball

one more thing that i forgot to comment on. Yes it did seem that the far end of the feild was the place to be. Lucky us that we kept winning the coin toss to get that end. The field set up was good but it just seemed that there weren't many angle shoots to get out. Maybe that was just me. It was kind of hard to get some good shoots from the back stand ups, it was more or less straight shooting from there. I was wearing a tinted lens so it was kind of dark starting at the spectator side of the field but the far end lighting, i had no problems. Still I had a great time and everything was great.

Team Elite
Old 01-19-2004, 10:28 AM #52
veedell26
r.i.p. jess

veedell26 is a Supporting Member
Yeah, I guess it was unlucky for us, we only got the far end one time which just so happen to be our one win of the day. lol Oh well, we had a blast anyway. Our last game run through attempt made it worth while! lol
Old 01-19-2004, 10:34 AM #53
n2p8ntball

Run and Gun....Let me tell you something, you guys sure did give us a good work out. To tell you the truth, when we saw you guys in person we were like, oh s**t, we're going to get our butts kicked. We were suprised to see that we actually won. This isn't to say anything bad about your team like i said, you guys gave us a real work out. Thanks ! Xtreme Misfits

Team Elite
Old 01-19-2004, 10:44 AM #54
veedell26
r.i.p. jess

veedell26 is a Supporting Member
we got out played by a few teams that day for sure. there was definately some good competition there, including you guys (Xtreme Misfits). who played in the finals and who won anyway? we didnt stick around to see. (we hit the bar instead! hehehe!)
Old 01-19-2004, 10:54 AM #55
n2p8ntball

we didn't stick around either. we were looking for a place to eat and by the time we got done it was too far to go back so we just left. I think they are going to post the winners sometime soon. I'm sure it probably came down to Notorious and Reflection. They were in the high 600's. Yes, there were a lot of teams that were very good including yourselves. You guys are very intimidating.

Team Elite
Old 01-19-2004, 04:57 PM #56
harpo568 (Banned)

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!
first of all for comming out and making this one of the best tournaments I have ever setup for and worked and also for all of the praise! Honestly it's YOU that make the tournament...HELL I could spend weeks setting up but it's a total waste of time if we don't have people like you there.
again and again and AGAIN THANKS!!!

I'll try to get the results up either tomorrow or Wed. if i can get them.

I don't know why but it the far end of the field (no matter what setup it has) always seems to be the better end to play...I think most of it has to do with the backlighting...behind the netting on the far end there is no light and at the near end the spectator area is lit...gives a little more contrast to see what's down there when you are playing the far end...that's the only thing I can come up with...and if you are extremely paranoid playing the near end you might have a problem with people behind you staring at your back..LOL
I put forth every effort to keep both sides EXACTLY the same (cross mirrored and balanced)...but the lighting I can't do much for...at least not yet...
A friend of mine came by the field while I was setting up and was totally confused by what I was doing with a pair of string lines, 3 tape measures, a pair of dowell rods AND a stack of "cryptic" drawings.I'm sure it would be amusing to watch me setup a field...wandering back and forth across the field with string stretching here and there,throwing tapes all over the place, dragging dowell rods around making scratches in the gravel , and randomly stopping to look at the celing and muttering to myeslf the whole time and suddenly running to the opposite end of the field to take a quick measurement or two ...
Maybe that's why I like to be left completely alone while I'm setting up a field...PLUS the magic dwarves that help me don't like to be seen (They only come out of the secret cave under the field when I am the only one there).
Old 01-19-2004, 10:41 PM #57
harpo568 (Banned)

well here they are...
the top 6 teams from the Level X Ball Blaster Tournament:
1st
Reflection
2nd
Just Shoot Me
3rd
Notorious
4th
X-Factor
5th
Silverfish
6th
Ill-Noise
Old 01-20-2004, 07:20 AM #58
n2p8ntball

could you please list all the teams and how they placed. Or could you PM me and let me know what our team points were and what place we came in? Thank you.

Team Elite
Old 01-20-2004, 09:54 AM #59
harpo568 (Banned)

UNfortunately I don't have that info...the top 6 (and no point totals) is all the info I had at the field.
you might try www.demonextreme.com and see if you can get it from them...
Old 01-20-2004, 09:55 AM #60
n2p8ntball

Thanks.

Team Elite
Old 01-20-2004, 06:32 PM #61
drunknbear (Banned)

how many teams were there? i knew i should of came back a week earlier...darn it...
Old 01-20-2004, 06:46 PM #62
wireman
RETIRED Team Run&Gun

wireman is a Supporting Member
There were 15 teams. 14 good ones and us
Old 01-23-2004, 09:18 AM #63
harpo568 (Banned)

sorry for the delay in replying...my computer has been down for a couple of days.
hey Wireman...not everyone can take 1st place and sometimes you just have one of those days where nomatter what you do it just doesn't work out the way you planned...I have them all too often.
BUT!!!!!!!
you guys kept your chins up and didn't get all crabby and nasty about it...and that's the mark of a good team and good sprtsmanship!