Resurrecting an old thread briefly. I'm about to sell this marker, and before I do, I wanted the PMIers & Fishyballers to see the finished version of my Tactical Evo:
Final list of ups:
- Stock feedneck replaced with a Smart Parts Twister feedneck (red, painted dust black with multiple coats & clearcoated).
- Stock barrel replaced with a dust black JT Tactical barrel. This is a super-rare barrel that used internal spiral rifling licensed from Armson's Stealth barrel.
- Replaced the steel braided line on the Detonator with black macroline.
- Replaced the stock PMI 1200psi gauge with a 32 Degrees 600psi gauge.
- Mount a BRONS laser sight under the barrel. This is a metal-bodied laser with metal barrel mounts, not a cheap airsoft laser! On/off is on the tailcap.
- Bolt two short Weaver / Picatinny tactical rails to the upper rear of the marker.
- Mount a tactical flashlight to the right-hand rail. This is a 9-LED light powered by three AAA batteries, included. On/off is on the tailcap.
- Mount a 30mm CYMA red dot sight on the right-side rail. This is a black plastic airsoft red dot, but it works amazingly well. Missing one of two rail claws, but holds fine with just the other.
With the birth of my daughter I play Mr. Mom more than I play paintball, so I have to thin out the collection. Deciding which markers to part with was like like cutting off my own limbs, but the Evo will be among them. Looked great, shot straight! Couldn't have asked for more. I only hope PMI will give us an '08 Evo, though I'm not holding my breath.