TheLastBrunnenG has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheLastBrunnenG has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Tactical EVO

SOLD SOLD SOLD
SOLD SOLD SOLD
SOLD SOLD SOLD
SOLD SOLD SOLD
SOLD SOLD SOLD

They don't call me Ninety Pound Gun for nothing! Every marker I get my hands on ends up with scenario bling bolted into every nook and cranny. If I had an Ego, I'd be thinking, "Hmmm... now where to mount the bipod?" I was down to one marker (my prized SP8) and decided to invest in a backup and came back to my old favorite, the trusty Evo. And you can guess what happened next!

I trimmed spare Weaver rails to fit the contours of the Evo's completely useless upper-rear milling and bolted them through the existing lateral openings. A solid rubber plug filling the gaps keeps the rails from sliding forward and backward. They're solid enough to hold a tactical light and a laser. The barrel is a JT Tactical, which is (few people ever noticed) a licensed version of the old Armson Stealth:

It's not finished, but I'm packing for a potential move and wanted to play at least once before I put it away. The final version will have the light on the right-side rail, the laser underslung from the Ram Air Chamber, and a red dot or scope on the left rail. No stock, I plan to use this as my CQB (and regular woodsball) marker and keep the SP8 for "big games". I do have a new feedneck (Smart Parts Twister) coming in the mail.

By the way, is it some twisted rite of passage that every Evo has to lose its PMI jewels in the very first game?!? All my PMI markers had this happen!

Last edited by TheLastBrunnenG : 09-19-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2007, 12:55 AM #2
Mr Virus
BREATH DEEPLY!!

has been a member for 10 years
GOOD JOB!!

As for jewels...I got the first run black EVO, and it never came with the top jewel.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:06 AM #3
EXWP
I AM A MOTHER****ER

lol dude, that is a sick woodsball gun
Old 03-21-2007, 08:52 AM #4
NotYourPsycho
is now Mrs. Cyberthug :D

NotYourPsycho is a Moderator
NotYourPsycho is a Supporting Member
NotYourPsycho is a Paintball photographer
NotYourPsycho is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I always rip off my jewels and superglue them back on first chance I get.

Looks sick though
Old 03-21-2007, 05:36 PM #5
the loser

the loser is an NCPA player
the loser plays in the APPA beginner division
i havent lost my jewels yet...i baught mine used and they were probly superglued before i got it.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:09 PM #6
jtm589
Make Money

jtm589 is a Supporting Member
jtm589 helped look for balloons
jtm589 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
My jewls never fell off on my evo, on my old etek that is a completely different story though. How much is that gun going to weigh when its all finished? I know they arent the lightest things in the first place but im curious how much gets added on.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:03 PM #7
evoboy369
I Like Chocolate Milk!!!

evoboy369 supports Cereal Killerz 2
evoboy369 donated to help Peyton Trent
evoboy369 supports Team VICIOUS
i use hot glue to glue them back on

gun looks sweet
NEVERLOSEAGAME
HAVE $750 HIGHENDS LOOK WTB
Old 03-22-2007, 11:37 PM #8
TheLastBrunnenG
Ninety Pound Gun!

TheLastBrunnenG helped look for balloons
TheLastBrunnenG supports our troops
My previous Evo had an FBM Delrin trigger, but when I played last week with this one I didn't have any problems with the stock trigger. I've come to love the Detonator, and even replaced the stock Smart Parts reg on my SP8 with a spare one I'd saved. Honestly I don't even think I'll replace the bolt. The JT barrel (with Armson rifling) worked like a charm. I bought the last one Action Village had; too bad the dusted finish doesn't match the Evo body. The only other mod I have planned (except for adding a scope and moving the laser) is replacing the stainless braided air line with macroline.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:11 AM #9
mtbrdude
**** Smart Parts

mtbrdude donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYourPsycho View Post
I always rip off my jewels and superglue them back on first chance I get.

Looks sick though
yep, before you lose them
Old 03-23-2007, 04:15 PM #10
SP-PIZZA-NERVE (Banned)

question, when do you plan on useing the light and laser.?

great idea tho, deff somthing ive never seen done on an evo
Old 03-23-2007, 04:43 PM #11
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

nice.. i had an evo, sold it and got an ion, but no matter what, the evo was my "beast" as everyone called it... never let me down... *memory lane*
Why I have 1 negative feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post74540260
Old 03-23-2007, 09:13 PM #12
TheLastBrunnenG
Ninety Pound Gun!

Lasers are illegal to use at most fields, so usually it's just for show. I've only seen a laser used effectively once in a pb game. It was a night game, and it wasn't dark yet but evening was coming fast. A group of 7-8 of us were taking fire from a small cluster of buildings and bunkers on the edge of a structure field. We couldn't tell which buildings were occupied so we kept our heads down and strategized. That didn't work so well because no four of us spoke the same language! We met as walk-ons; three spoke only Spanish, a couple spoke only Arabic, and a friend and I spoke neither. We knew what we meant but couldn't co-ordinate it. Finally one of our players spotted movement and tried to signal us, but we couldn't get the message. She got frustrated, stood up, and turned on the laser. We all looked at the little red dot and followed it straight to the buildings she'd just seen the other team run into. Everybody nodded, our team opened up to cover us, and myself and another player ran around to the door-side of the building and swept it clean. There were just two opponents in it! If she hadn't used the laser as a pointer, we'd never have figured it out and two of them would have tied up a whole squad of ours for ages. After that we swept up the tapeline and walked away with the other team's flag, almost unopposed.

The tac light is equally worthless as a play aid, but I use it in night games as a distraction. I send my squad up one side in the dark, then once we find the enemy I turn on the light and run off alone at an angle, firing and barking orders to fake teammates in the dark. After a few minutes, my squad uses the distraction to quietly move ahead without me. With luck I can get across the field, turn the light off, sheak back to where I started, and repeat the process to draw more enemies even further off course. Doesn't work well against night vision goggles, but few games I play have people using "toys" worth that much.

The scope will come soon, and again it's just a play aid - lets me see downfield and verify whether I see a stump or a "hiding" enemy.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:14 PM #13
TheLastBrunnenG
Ninety Pound Gun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP-PIZZA-NERVE View Post
deff somthing ive never seen done on an evo
Exactly! If I won an SL-66 in a raffle I'd probably sell it for lack of Weaver rails.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:20 PM #14
TheLastBrunnenG
Ninety Pound Gun!

Resurrecting an old thread briefly. I'm about to sell this marker, and before I do, I wanted the PMIers & Fishyballers to see the finished version of my Tactical Evo:

Final list of ups:

- Stock feedneck replaced with a Smart Parts Twister feedneck (red, painted dust black with multiple coats & clearcoated).
- Stock barrel replaced with a dust black JT Tactical barrel. This is a super-rare barrel that used internal spiral rifling licensed from Armson's Stealth barrel.
- Replaced the steel braided line on the Detonator with black macroline.
- Replaced the stock PMI 1200psi gauge with a 32 Degrees 600psi gauge.
- Mount a BRONS laser sight under the barrel. This is a metal-bodied laser with metal barrel mounts, not a cheap airsoft laser! On/off is on the tailcap.
- Bolt two short Weaver / Picatinny tactical rails to the upper rear of the marker.
- Mount a tactical flashlight to the right-hand rail. This is a 9-LED light powered by three AAA batteries, included. On/off is on the tailcap.
- Mount a 30mm CYMA red dot sight on the right-side rail. This is a black plastic airsoft red dot, but it works amazingly well. Missing one of two rail claws, but holds fine with just the other.

With the birth of my daughter I play Mr. Mom more than I play paintball, so I have to thin out the collection. Deciding which markers to part with was like like cutting off my own limbs, but the Evo will be among them. Looked great, shot straight! Couldn't have asked for more. I only hope PMI will give us an '08 Evo, though I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:20 PM #15
SlavaROKZ (Banned)

Wow. Beautiful gun. Im just wondering how you attached the scope and the flashlight to it. Im thinking of doing a similar project on my Icon X. Pm me on any info or sites you know that sell all this stuff. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:47 PM #16
TheLastBrunnenG
Ninety Pound Gun!

Thanks! I edited the original post to restore the pics - that should clear up how I mounted the accessories. The Evo has two raised areas at the top rear that are completely useless and serve only to add weight to the gun. They do however create two hollow spaces that I was able to bolt through to hold the rails in place. If I wanted this done right I'd have used aluminum rails, but at the time all I had were plastic ones stolen from an airsoft M4. It works.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:31 PM #17
jk350

jk350 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jk350 supports Team VICIOUS
looks sweet