PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-23-2007, 04:19 PM #1
Pyrodog783
the break

Paintball goggles?

does anyone know if any fields approve of just wearing the lense and not the whole face mask, or if its even aloud? I seen people in vids doing it and that one Vault commercial did it. so whats up with it?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2007, 04:37 PM #2
iday10
Insane in the Membrane

it used to be legal, but it isn't now

Huzzah for Epic MD Mod Thread!

Macdev Militia
Old 08-23-2007, 05:44 PM #3
Pyrodog783
the break

when was it legal? and why was it stopped? I assume because its not safe
Old 08-23-2007, 07:01 PM #4
KamakaziWatermelon
split the atom

KamakaziWatermelon helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrodog783 View Post
when was it legal? and why was it stopped? I assume because its not safe
getting hit in the jaw sucks

Volucris: My family members often wake me up in the middle of the night telling me I've been screaming battle commands at the top of my lungs while sleeping. I don't know what it means but I don't complain about my dreams."

Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 PM #5
iday10
Insane in the Membrane

Quote:
when was it legal?
Waay back before full facial masks became standard, people used wood cutting glasses and goggles to play

Quote:
and why was it stopped?
A shot to anywhere on the face is excruciatingly painful, and close range shots to the ears and temple can be extremely serious injuries. That and the fact that people didn't want to go back to work-school on Monday with a huge bloody welt on their face.

Huzzah for Epic MD Mod Thread!

Macdev Militia

Last edited by iday10 : 08-23-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:12 AM #6
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

People would play with the goggle part only in the "primitive" days. I mean, would you want to get shot by a paintball traveling 280 FPS, in the ear, temple, mouth, nose? I wouldn't, thank god for modern paintball equipment and standards.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:24 AM #7
MatAronofsky

there was i guy at this field i went too thats was just wearing gog's, but he did work there so idk
Old 08-28-2007, 01:47 AM #8
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
In every case I've seen such is an infringement of the contract construed between the field and the insurance company and henceforth is not permitted. Alas, as earlier stated masks like the WhipperSnapper reformed the market into what it is today and fields adopted the full face and ATSM standards shortly after the introduction of such products.
Dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui meurent pleins de bière et de drames aux premières lueurs. Mais dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui naissent dans la chaleur épaisse des langueurs océanes