this is my first thread.. How do you take off the piranha evo feedneck? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-08-2007, 03:18 PM #1
TheTimebandit
The Timebandit

Question this is my first thread.. How do you take off the piranha evo feedneck?

Hi guys I just wanted to know how do you take off the piranha evo feedneck.

plus what is the differnce between velocity and air pressure, How do i adjust it and how will it help performance?

thanks guys and I'm sorry if i broke any rules or anything its my first thread..
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2007, 05:59 PM #2
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
no rules broken my man although this could be in the stickies

for the feedneck, if you can't twist it off, then it's probably locktited in there, just heat it up with a blow dryer and try twisting it off, or try using a strap wrench to take it off, if you don't want to scratch the feedneck, then put a towel or something between the wrench and feedneck

as for velocity, it has magnitude and direction, but in paintball terms, it's how fast your paint is being fired out your barrel, 300 fps is the generally accepted maximum velocity for a paintball to fly and still be playing safe

air pressure is just what it says, it's the pressure of air inside your marker, used to recock your piranha, if you have an evo, you'll want your pressure in the 300-400 psi range to have it function properly, lower if you can

to adjust velocity you can turn the knob in the back under the cocking rod, this adjusts the spring tension and increases/lowers velocity

to adjust air pressure, you will need to adjust the screw in the bottom of your regulator, this can also in turn adjust your velocity too, ALWAYS RE-CHRONO YOUR MARKER AFTER ADJUSTING THE AIR PRESSURE, hope this helps you
Old 08-08-2007, 08:35 PM #3
TheTimebandit
The Timebandit

clock wise or counter clock wise?? whats a strap wrench? how do i tell how much psi it the pressure set to on my gun?
Old 08-08-2007, 09:30 PM #4
Dead_Body

If you have the EVO then it comes with a guage on it. That guage reads the pressure output from the inline regulator (the foregrip one). If you have the stock PMI reg the smaller setscrew on the bottom of the reg adjusts the pressure. Screwing it out raises the pressure and screwing it in lowers it. Note that if you lower the pressure you need to shoot two or three times to bleed off the existing pressure in the valve area so that the guage can read the new setting correctly. But for raising it you don't need to do that.

Setting the velocity is about balancing the output of the reg and the tension on the hammer spring. Generally they won't shoot well at much under 300 and seem to work best at around 350 on that little guage. THen you set the spring using that knob to fine tune the velocity at the chrono when you go to the field..

Did you not get a manual with your EVO? It will explain a lot in there.

And here's a few links to places that can help you understand a lot more about the parts, their names and how it all goes together.

http://www.piranha-evil.com/PIRANHA.htm
http://www.piranha-paintball-guns.com/vel.html

Have fun. It's a great marker.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 PM #5
TheTimebandit
The Timebandit

thanks a lot but I still don't know how to take the feed neck off... and I got it used so i didn't get a manual.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:25 PM #6
empiretippmann

on my evo because the feedneck is so small and i didnt want to sand my hopper down anymore it was so tight when i tried to take the hopper out the feedneck turned out with it so if you have a really tight fitting hopper or something jam it in there and turn it out
Old 08-08-2007, 11:41 PM #7
Dead_Body

Oh, yeah. The feedneck...

It's pretty much a brute force sort of deal. You can try a hair dryer as well but I really don't think you'll get anything hot enough with it to help much.

The big issue is to grab the feedneck hard enough. If you want to keep it from getting marked up then wrap it with a couple of turns of duct or electrical tape and clamp on a couple of the screw style hose clamps REALLY tightly. With those on there now you can use a big pipe or Crescent wrench to or a vise or whatever to hold it around the hose clamps and turn it out. The screw blocks on the hose clamps will act like the flats on regular nuts to apply the force.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:37 AM #8
4x4le

if you plan on throwing it away, just drill it through both ends and stick a screw driver through the holes and turn.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:45 AM #9
SlavaROKZ (Banned)
2 Girls. No Cup. Epic

What are those wrenches with a little belt on them. The ones you use to open up jars? Those are a godsave to screw off loctited feednecks.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:17 PM #10
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
that's a strap wrench, what I told him to use

but yeah, if your not keeping it, do what 4x4 said
Old 08-09-2007, 12:18 PM #11
SlavaROKZ (Banned)
2 Girls. No Cup. Epic

Oh ok.
Id keep it if i were you though. sell it on ebay for like 10 bucks. Thats enough for like...a bag of paint or something
Old 08-09-2007, 12:20 PM #12
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
^ha^, I've got two of them that I've had up for sale countless times and no one will buy them
Old 08-09-2007, 12:22 PM #13
SlavaROKZ (Banned)
2 Girls. No Cup. Epic

I sold my old feedneck on my field. Some guy really liked it. *******
Old 08-09-2007, 05:12 PM #14
TheTimebandit
The Timebandit

thanks guys for hel[ing but i don't know what a strp wrench is maybe I'll ask around see if i can borrow one. Again thanks a lot.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:37 AM #15
peterpain

Just use a damn pipe wrench, it will scratch it but will get the job done....
Old 08-26-2007, 03:25 PM #16
TheTimebandit
The Timebandit

I got it of finally I put it on this thing 2 clamps attches to the table and I titened the clamps and then i twisted it counter clock wise so easy man