Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-17-2001, 11:32 PM #1
bacon182
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
A lil change made a big difference

I'm 14 years old and i own a spyderTL that I adore more then anything. My dad also plays he owns a spyder and two model98's then he rents out. I used one of my dad's model98's all stock and did not like it at the gun's performance was fine but for some reason i just hated the shape of it and its weight. Then just this past sautrday I was playing and my spyder had broke down (no this is not a time to go flaming spyders cuz mine broke down) simply becuase i shot out my revy and chopped a ball in my powerfeed. Anyways I go back to my house and get a 98 but this time I saw my dad's remote lying on his gun case so i quick grab the the remote and out the tank on my harness got the gun ran out in the field and started to play. To my amazement i fell in love with it.

See thats what the title of this story means a lil change made a big difference , i put a remote on my dad's 98 and i just loved it for some reason.

Well most of you probaly thought that was pretty *** but i just had to let ya'll no, by the way i just ordered my new custom98 with 20oz anti-syphon on/off valve remote system
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2001, 11:43 PM #2
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Wow, great story. I wonder why people do that?

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 06-18-2001, 07:59 AM #3
sorisko

LOL, that is a great story... I had a Commando that I loved until I tried my dad's M98... then he couldnt pry that gun outta my dead fingers.... so I bought it off of him... I love this gun, and all the upgrades availiable for it are awsome....
Old 06-18-2001, 11:48 AM #4
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
great to hear ya found something you like.. its hard to recomend someone a gun because it may not play well for them.. one thing i will have to tell you that was a mistake.. the anti siphon tank.. that is a good idea if you mount your tank on your gun. however if you are going to use the remote its going to cause problems.. what the anti-siphon tank has is a tube that runs to the bottom of the tank and to one side. this allows the tube to sit out of the liquid in the tank when the gun is on it side.. however when mouted vertical in a pack the tube will always be in the liquid C02. couple this with the remote line being a direct connection to the gun you will be feding nothing but liquid into the gun.. even with an expansion chamber its going to cause alot of problems.. in short if you can either change your order to a normal tank ( withour anti-siphon) or just switch with somone that dosnt have one in their tank.

-duff

Team ESP
Old 06-18-2001, 12:31 PM #5
XspyX
Team Backdraft

It might be a new design anti-syphon. I have a 20oz with an ARMSON anti-syphon on/off valve and it doesn't contain a tube. I think it has a filter and an expansion unit inside the valve.

Anyway, It keeps liquid out, has good flow rate, and you can use it vertical.
Old 06-18-2001, 03:39 PM #6
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
never heard of that.. ill have to look into it

-duff

Team ESP
Old 06-18-2001, 05:59 PM #7
Lostinthewoods
Meph stole my avitar!

The Armson on/off is not an anti-syphon. It is a push button on/off that automaticly bleeds off upstream pressure when you turn it off so when you unscrew your tank you don't get that rush of co2 from your asa. All it really does is save wear and tear on tank o-rings. But it does NOTHING to stop liquid co2 from getting into your gun nor is it supposed to. Never run an anti-syphon tank on a remote setup, because as soon as you trun the tank verticle you turn it into a syphon tank running PURE LIQUID CO2. Hope that helps.
Old 06-18-2001, 06:13 PM #8
XspyX
Team Backdraft

Nope, I got an Anti-Syphon on there. Got it from the local field guy. Said on the package. On/off Anti-Syphon valve.
Old 06-18-2001, 09:50 PM #9
Lostinthewoods
Meph stole my avitar!

Well I was interested in it from your post so I called Pro Team Products, the manufacturer and distributer of Armson, and they gave me the info I posted. You may indeed have an anti-siphon tank with one of thier valves but it most likley has an anti-syphon tube installed in it. The best thing to do is call them yourself. The number is 904-437-3375. Are you sure it's an Armson?? Is it the push-button type on/off?? Sorry for the confusion but I was really interested since I run an electro kit with nitro and use co2 as back up. I currently have an anti-syphon tank matched to my gun but I can't switch it from one gun to another due to the tube orientation. Let me know if you find out any more info.
Old 06-18-2001, 09:58 PM #10
XspyX
Team Backdraft

Tank

Maybe its not an armson. Its been like 6 months since i bought it. Maybe I am just thinking armson but its really something else?

I'll look around and find out. Better yet, i'll e-mail my field guy!
Old 06-18-2001, 10:02 PM #11
Lostinthewoods
Meph stole my avitar!

This is a pic of the armson valve if it helps. Thanks for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dumpvalve.jpg (23.3 KB, 43 views)