PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-08-2007, 02:00 AM #1
Joey Szeszko
frog avatar.

dangers of mistake guns...

well today i was going out to get a part for my gun and i stopped by and picked up my friend juicey. last night he had told me he found my gas airsoft pistol, so he gave it to me when we picked him up to go with us. well now we were off, it was an hour away cause we had to go to a different place for this part and we got there bought it and left, then on the way back i started to mess around with my pistol, i picked it up and messed with it i was in the front passanger set and the gun was by the center consol and the shifter. well the lady next to us was in a teal t-bird and i looked at it and was like wtf is that. juice made a joke about it and i laughed. then i cocked the gun and put the mag in.

well we drove for about 20 more minutes and all the sudden we say 2 cop cars go flying down the other side of the hiway. then juice in the back made a joke saying "there on to us!" and all the sudden there was 4 cop cars surronding the car, we pulled into the median and then 5 cops with guns drawn started yelling "HANDS OUT THE WINDOWS" and my friend juice tryed to take of his seat bet and they shouted at him telling him to show his hands. then one guy walked up to the window and saw my paintball gun in my lap and yelled "ITS AN AIRSOFT GUN" and i was like "thats not it its on the floor by my feet" then the officer picked it up and went to his car. then a minute or so later came back and asked for my dads license.

when my dad checked out they came to the car and one of the officers kept saying "it looks just like my m92" and thats what it was... well he came up and asked us a few things and it turned out the lady in the teal t bird called the police telling them 3 adolencets in a car with a gun and they cocked it and looked at me and laughed (when juice made the joke) and then one of the other officers put it on my dads dash board (WTF?) and told us to probaly get rid of it (not throwing away 130$ lol). and then was like sorry for the inconvionce and we drove off.

this just goes to show you have to be very careful with your paintball and airsoft guns were ever you go cause some one just might call the swat team in on you.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 PM #2
Igotaevo
Surgeon with a Chainsaw

Annual Supporting Member
Igotaevo plays in the PSP
Igotaevo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Igotaevo supports Empire
wow, we had that happen one time, because the neighbors heard "gunshots"

Kids, don't tech your A-5s in your back yard
Old 07-09-2007, 11:27 PM #3
Los789

And you had to get pulled over by the cops and risk getting yourself shot to figure out that basic common sense fact?

Still good on ya for posting the story maybe it'll save some other kid from a similar circumstance, though I'd bet most PBnationers don't bother to come by the safety threads very often.

Los:

Last edited by Los789 : 07-10-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:46 PM #4
iEatNewbie
xkcd

Nice.:d
Old 07-13-2007, 02:36 AM #5
Gravedigg154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotaevo View Post
wow, we had that happen one time, because the neighbors heard "gunshots"

Kids, don't tech your A-5s in your back yard
Wow not smart. You think that gunshots would be just a wee little bit louder.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:17 AM #6
Paintball_Chris

I've shot an airsoft gun in my back yard, no problems at all. Some people need to mind their own business, unless they're getting shot at or something what the heck do they need to call the police for...
Old 07-19-2007, 11:07 AM #7
Los789

In most of the US it is unlaw to discharge a firearm within 500' of a domecile. So if Miss Daisy is driving by it could scare the crap out of here and she'll make a call to the cops. Their default setting (assuming they want to live to their retirement) will be to treat the call at face value and act accordingly.

Remember that a lot of idiots have casued a lot of accidents with guns (let alone malicious use) and hence the tolerance level the public has for firearms has dropped significantly. And kids being esepically irresponsible, and inexperienced, have been involved in or been victims of many of these incidents, hence many people are less likely to "just mind their own business" when it comes to firearms.

So act accodingly and play with the stuff on the down low.
Los
Old 07-19-2007, 01:30 PM #8
Paintball_Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los789 View Post
In most of the US it is unlaw to discharge a firearm within 500' of a domecile. So if Miss Daisy is driving by it could scare the crap out of here and she'll make a call to the cops. Their default setting (assuming they want to live to their retirement) will be to treat the call at face value and act accordingly.

Remember that a lot of idiots have casued a lot of accidents with guns (let alone malicious use) and hence the tolerance level the public has for firearms has dropped significantly. And kids being esepically irresponsible, and inexperienced, have been involved in or been victims of many of these incidents, hence many people are less likely to "just mind their own business" when it comes to firearms.

So act accodingly and play with the stuff on the down low.
Los
I live in Canada, we don't have gun laws like in the United States (You don't even have to register your guns to own one). As long as you don't bother anyone, no one bothers you. At least where I live anyhow.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:40 PM #9
Los789

A cursory search of Canadian gun laws on the web turns up no shortage of laws restrictions and regulations with regard to the owning, licensing, carrying, and use of firearms in Canada. Regardless, I'd imagaine any suburban Canadian kid that foolishly went run around his front yard brandishing his air soft pistol playing cops and robbers would be just as likely to scare some soccer mom into calling the police, thus potentially illiciting a similar police response, so use common sense up there too!

Los
Old 07-19-2007, 09:50 PM #10
proto2k7

wow that suck i just dont drive with my pb and airsoft guns out but i do have to say i get funny looks when i get out at gas stations in my dye c6s

"You are not here to die for your country.You are here to make the other son of batches DIE FOR THEIRS!" General George S. Patton U.S. ARMY WWII

"Originally posted by TJ.: yay. now i can share secrets on the intrawebs "

for the lolz-
http://inferno.freetzi.com/
Old 07-20-2007, 12:19 AM #11
Mstng67289
TAG>APE

Quote:
In most of the US it is unlaw to discharge a firearm within 500' of a domecile.
Very true, but states' definitions of firearms vary. Here in Georgia it's only a firearm if it fires at 600fps or greater. So when the crotchity old lady living behind me got pissed that I was snapping in the backyard, the officer that came out simply asked if I was being careful.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:21 AM #12
Los789

QFT and in fact the minimum distance for discharging "firearms" is normally a local or state ordinace so YMMV.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:04 PM #13
Forestballa

my freinds were also arrested by the cops and taken home because they were shooting a pellet gun that looked like a pistol in a run down part of town. There was like 5 cop cars and they had a canine unit as well.btw they were also shooting in a school parking lot which probally starteled alot of people with the school shootings and all.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:05 PM #14
shishdisma
Captain Analogy

shishdisma helped look for balloons
shishdisma is reppin' sidebar 4 life
honestly, you should have been pulled over for loading and playing with a gas airsoft gun in the front seat of a car.... thats just plain stupid...

Originally Posted by GreasyPigeon-
Damn son even a mod is ripping on you. Your life does suck

2/8/08-Prom Text message, I was there
Old 08-06-2007, 11:29 PM #15
mwslo93

it depends on what kind of neibors you have tho we have build a little speedball coure in my friends backyard and no one has called the cops
It is also true that 89% of the percentage of people who are part of the 3% who havnt done somthing really have done it 90% of the time thus only 1% of paintballers actually tell 80% of the truth 50% of the time.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:54 PM #16
Dyl123

Quote:
A cursory search of Canadian gun laws on the web turns up no shortage of laws restrictions and regulations with regard to the owning, licensing, carrying, and use of firearms in Canada. Regardless, I'd imagaine any suburban Canadian kid that foolishly went run around his front yard brandishing his air soft pistol playing cops and robbers would be just as likely to scare some soccer mom into calling the police, thus potentially illiciting a similar police response, so use common sense up there too!

Los
not from where im from all the people try to handle things on their own
98% OF PAINTBALLERS HAVE TO WIPE TO WIN, IF YOU ARE PART OF THE 2% WHO DONT PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG
*PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN BALLER*
93% of teenagers have switched to rap music. If you are in the 7% who still rock out everyday put this in your sig.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:58 AM #17
4x4le

I think it was stupid for them to stop you just because a woman called the cops on you. I don't know what your local laws are but here in tennessee we can get a concieled permit. That means we are allowed to keep a loaded semi auto gun on us anywhere that is not a government building, somewhere that serves alcohol, or anywhere that has the designated pistol with a red circle and line through it at the main entrance. We can have the gun completly concieled if we wish or have it showing. You could walk around in walmart with it in your hand if you wish. Once again, cops would probably bother you for that but it could be considered harassment if you got stopped by them more than a few times due to that. We are allowed to have loaded guns in the cars in the glove box, front seat, dash board or in our laps when we drive if we wish. You just cant be a felon, must be 21 or older, have the proper permit (which is easy to get, mostly just have to buy it) and we cant be drunk when carrying it consieled, although when were drunk we have to have it visible to others lol.

The reason they let us carry them is because if someone threatens us, tries to inflict violence on us, attempts to rob us or whatever we can stop them DEAD in their tracks. Now im not from Tennessee originally, that law sounds kinda readneck to me but guess what, I love it!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:55 PM #18
shishdisma
Captain Analogy

shishdisma helped look for balloons
shishdisma is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
I think it was stupid for them to stop you just because a woman called the cops on you. I don't know what your local laws are but here in tennessee we can get a concieled permit. That means we are allowed to keep a loaded semi auto gun on us anywhere that is not a government building, somewhere that serves alcohol, or anywhere that has the designated pistol with a red circle and line through it at the main entrance. We can have the gun completly concieled if we wish or have it showing. You could walk around in walmart with it in your hand if you wish. Once again, cops would probably bother you for that but it could be considered harassment if you got stopped by them more than a few times due to that. We are allowed to have loaded guns in the cars in the glove box, front seat, dash board or in our laps when we drive if we wish. You just cant be a felon, must be 21 or older, have the proper permit (which is easy to get, mostly just have to buy it) and we cant be drunk when carrying it consieled, although when were drunk we have to have it visible to others lol.

The reason they let us carry them is because if someone threatens us, tries to inflict violence on us, attempts to rob us or whatever we can stop them DEAD in their tracks. Now im not from Tennessee originally, that law sounds kinda readneck to me but guess what, I love it!

Im moving to Tennessee!!

Originally Posted by GreasyPigeon-
Damn son even a mod is ripping on you. Your life does suck

2/8/08-Prom Text message, I was there
Old 08-22-2007, 04:05 PM #19
Pickles_the drummer
back by popular demand

this is why airsofters are safety buffs (really)