PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-18-2007, 09:56 AM #1
LeadDog...DogPack

DP Action Sports

Hey you all we are looking for a few ideas on what you guys would like to play. So get on here and give a shout and let us know what you want.

DogPack Action Sports
dogpackpaintball.com
Old 08-18-2007, 02:22 PM #2
ff7sephiroth_phantom
RELENTLESS PB

5 or 7 man would be nice
Old 08-19-2007, 12:22 AM #3
bmpnugls

bmpnugls plays in the PSP
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
bmpnugls supports Team VICIOUS
Seems like the 'largest draws' are 3 man with either a cash payback or something like PMR's for 1st, Halo's for 2nd, pod packs or similar (Flex 8's) maybe fore 3rd... at least those are the tournaments which seem to draw a lot of teams. And an entry fee of ~$100 for team of 3 UNLESS you do like a 100% payback which you could offer a lesser entry. I see a lot of small fields offering low entry fee's with cash payback or the prizes listed above and they have to be making money based on paint alone just to get a good draw.

Actually, I don't know how many pump players you have in your area who come out for open play...but I would imagine a 3 man pump tournament might have a good draw..I've even seen 2 man pumps advertised...that would also be of interest to some of us..

I personaly would love to see you guys have a tournament with a good turnout - as your somewhat close to us so we would most likely play. The hard part is putting on a tournament and advertising enough to draw those players from KC and Springfield for you...which would be the large demographics closest to you...therefore, you'd have to check all the tournament listings and also try to schedule a 'comparable' tournament to those in KC/Springfield on a weekend which doesn't have (or has minimal) scheduling conflicts with the fields in KC/Springfield...

Last edited by bmpnugls : 08-19-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:25 AM #4
bmpnugls

bmpnugls plays in the PSP
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
bmpnugls owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
bmpnugls supports Team VICIOUS
Oh, ya, getting enough teams to enter a 5 or 7 man is next to impossible in this area...much less in KC or STL...not many teams have enough player which can schedule time available to enter 5 or 7 man tournaments!.. I've talked to a few fields in KC and STL and they all say their 5 man tourneys have the lowest # of teams ...but 3 man usually have good turnouts...sometimes upwards of 20 teams...usually around 10 - 12 teams on average...
Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM #5
LeadDog...DogPack

Great stuff guys! Keep it coming.