Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-15-2007, 07:13 PM #43
mr_c_quinn

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockrshootr23 View Post
Other ideas:either using a spring, making the bolt blowforward like an ion, or having air routed behind the whole bolt to push it forward.
This already looks like an Ion to me.on the Ion the part that would be called the top hat here is called the bolt stop and is held in by the breech and firing can.

Sorry for the size. I can't resize it.

The problem is going to be trying to get the correct Volume and Pressure Air to fire a Ball 300 FPS. If you were to make the dump chamber(or firing chamber) on a matrix or an ion a smaller diameter than you would have to up the pressure or make it longer to compensate. The PMR is basically the design you have but I don't think that Dye wanted to make the PMR Longer to compensate for the smaller Diameter dump chamber.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2007, 10:24 PM #44
TheIdeaGuy

Hmm, A much nicer version of the Ion if you ask me... The Ion could be made to a badass marker with a different bolt, body and solenoid and frame and electronics... The design has merit, its quite efficient and pretty damn fast if done right as well. The rear sections size could be increased to add a bit more force, then you could switch the solenoid back just before the end of the throw to slow/stop the bolt using pressure... Kind of like an "air brake" its something I am trying to incorporate into one of my designs as I have 50+ Lbs forward force and am very concerned about how hard the bolt hits its stop but still want the forward speed/momentum. This makes for a real short dwell but doesn't offer kids much tweeking room as the timing of the valve has to be set just right.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 PM #45
shockrshootr24 (Banned)

Yes the "airbrake" thing would make it very hard to get set just right but would be kickass if done prefect.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:02 AM #46
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
so no lpr, smaller design... blowforwardish.... sounds like a pmr/ion....

oops, didnt see that others posted this already (i was only on the 1st page... sorry)
Old 08-16-2007, 11:01 AM #47
XxXEPIDEMICxXx

your just going the long way around. just put a teck t bolt in your matrix. this concept is not new. and its already in use. try coming up with something new rather than riding someone elses wave.
East coast baller #69
Old 08-16-2007, 11:59 AM #48
TheIdeaGuy

Don't be an asshat... ^^^

I thought about the airbrake allot. The one problem is that as it is a blow forward its run a little different than other markers. The timing event is not so concrete, there needs to be some sort of sensor that detects the bolt when it reaches a position and opens the valve so 1. Kids cant destroy the gun 2. If the timing is off a bit as blow forwards sometimes are, it wont effect performance.
Basically, throw some eyes into the front chamber and run it to the board. Hard wire them so the valve disengages when the bolt is detected, this shouldn't be a really big deal since bob long is already using four eyes (Why I don't know on his design)
Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 PM #49
XxXEPIDEMICxXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIdeaGuy View Post
Don't be an asshat... ^^^

I thought about the airbrake allot. The one problem is that as it is a blow forward its run a little different than other markers. The timing event is not so concrete, there needs to be some sort of sensor that detects the bolt when it reaches a position and opens the valve so 1. Kids cant destroy the gun 2. If the timing is off a bit as blow forwards sometimes are, it wont effect performance.
Basically, throw some eyes into the front chamber and run it to the board. Hard wire them so the valve disengages when the bolt is detected, this shouldn't be a really big deal since bob long is already using four eyes (Why I don't know on his design)
crawl back into your hole 2k7'er. dont get all uppety because you saw the kids paint drawing. and do your homework on the manufacturers hard ware before voicing your uneducated rants. like i said ealier just get a tech t. thats all your doing in the end. and my way you save 300+ dollars in CNC time. assuming you do your CAD drawings and CAM converions your self. my self and others in the cusom cad forum have made our own markers before. it usually only costs me time unless i want a special metal (magnesium, titanium, super high grade aluminum) too mill. (im an engineering student at the University of Florida). so unless you have serious hook ups you probably wont be able to pull this off.
East coast baller #69
Old 08-16-2007, 07:10 PM #50
TheIdeaGuy

Your a fool. ^^^ Do some research on who you are talking **** to before you open your mouth and make yourself look like a *** twice in one thread.
I'm 26 and have been playing paintball since before you knew the internet existed.
Sorry about the thread spamming shockrshootr24,
What do you think about using a sensor to detect the bolt and switching the valve back to the normally open position? All you have to do then is figure out how long it takes the bolt to reach forward position at its velocity while pushing against whatever pressure the valve is running on. This will also help in reducing forward kick.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:01 PM #51
shockrshootr24 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
so no lpr, smaller design... blowforwardish.... sounds like a pmr/ion....

oops, didnt see that others posted this already (i was only on the 1st page... sorry)
hey how about you read.... im using a quest lpr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXEPIDEMICxXx View Post
your just going the long way around. just put a teck t bolt in your matrix. this concept is not new. and its already in use. try coming up with something new rather than riding someone elses wave.
LIKE ZOMG I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS MAKING A MATRIX!@!!!!!1
!
!2

i DIDN'T KNOW I WAS USING A TECHT BOLT EITHER!@eawwgseed!#1!

Stop looking stupid and read. The point of the gun is in the title. To make a SKINNY matrix. I'm eliminating the beercan.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:03 PM #52
shockrshootr24 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXEPIDEMICxXx View Post
crawl back into your hole 2k7'er. dont get all uppety because you saw the kids paint drawing.
BTW just because I'm 15 doesn't mean i don't know about guns. ask me about any gun, anything, and ill know it. And yes, I'm taking a CAD class in school right now to learn how to make a body.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:35 PM #53
Anonymous028

that is a really good idea, but unless you keep this to yourself or make it work and patent the **** out of it, i can see dye being all over your *** (and smartparts...possibly TechT also)

subscribed
Old 08-16-2007, 10:08 PM #54
shockrshootr24 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous028 View Post
that is a really good idea, but unless you keep this to yourself or make it work and patent the **** out of it, i can see dye being all over your *** (and smartparts...possibly TechT also)

subscribed
I'm only making a custom gun. And thats if i can actually find someone to machine a body for cheap enough. It would take a ttooonnnnn of money to make this gun anyways since you'd have to pay the company's to use their patents. Which they probably wouldn't let you do anyways. Thanks for you support also.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:34 PM #55
shockrshootr24 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_c_quinn View Post
This already looks like an Ion to me.on the Ion the part that would be called the top hat here is called the bolt stop and is held in by the breech and firing can.
yeah...but would you rather shoot this or a fatty ion?